Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So for your 2nd PoB one big thing you need to always do is set your trinity resonance under the configuration tab to 50. It defaults to 0 which makes PoB think your trinity gem doesn't do anything. Additionally, when you have a vaal skill like you do you need to make sure you're looking at the normal attack version and not the vaal version from the dropdowns here:

1713229182257.png

You also need to get rid of elemental equilibrium - your attacks deal all 3 elemental types so it doesn't actually do anything at all.

Clean up these points here that don't do anything:

1713229080866.png

And use them to get towards forces of nature up here:

1713229119822.png

Should be another pretty big jump in DPS.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
So for your 2nd PoB one big thing you need to always do is set your trinity resonance under the configuration tab to 50. It defaults to 0 which makes PoB think your trinity gem doesn't do anything. Additionally, when you have a vaal skill like you do you need to make sure you're looking at the normal attack version and not the vaal version from the dropdowns here:

View attachment 524888

You also need to get rid of elemental equilibrium - your attacks deal all 3 elemental types so it doesn't actually do anything at all.

Clean up these points here that don't do anything:

View attachment 524885

And use them to get towards forces of nature up here:

View attachment 524886

Should be another pretty big jump in DPS.
Will do, getting rid of Equilibrium I'll still need 3 more pts, what else should I get rid of? Would like to keep the jewel socket as that will be another crit multi when I buy a better gem for it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Will do, getting rid of Equilibrium I'll still need 3 more pts, what else should I get rid of? Would like to keep the jewel socket as that will be another crit multi when I buy a better gem for it.

Probably the dagger mastery wheel and swap out nightblade for a different support. I would guess crit damage? But PoB can tell you what does the most damage.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Probably the dagger mastery wheel and swap out nightblade for a different support. I would guess crit damage? But PoB can tell you what does the most damage.
Just wanted to thank you again, character feels a ton better, even did a 8-mod corrupted plaza with -10 maximum resistance and didnt have trouble. (That was with the beyond scarab that spawns monsters when you kill close enemies, 40% increased rare pack size, and another one.)

Still have to tweak the build some more, but between the added dmg and the instant leech, feels a ton better to play. Only thing that gets me now is using a life flask for corrupted blood, and probably curses plus whatever isn't covered by Purity of Elements.

Actually had TWO raw divs drop within 5 maps and a decent Ventors that should sell for around 20div.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Did my first T17 last night

What in the fuck were they smoking when they dreamed these up? I had to pause multiple times during the map to go update my filter because the amount of loot it was spewing out was actually impossible to deal with. Even showing no level 86 bases/no rares/all the bad commodities, I still filled my inventory 6 times over with maps/scarabs/6links/flames etc etc. It was easily 20 normal maps worth of loot condensed in to one place.

Beat the uber expedition boss which was uh, not a great fight. Even the normal version of that fight is a nightmare and half with the wall lasers, but the uber version doesn't seem to ever despawn the action speed puddles so god help you if your DPS is low.

Suddenly whats happened to the economy this league makes perfect sense though, and the gigachads that have these maps on farm status just have access to literal infinite wealth.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Haven't gotten to T17s yet, still doing my usual rerolling routine.

On alt number...lost track actually. Whatever. Still leveling Holy Relic of Conviction, but can already see it's going to be mechanically a very fun build. The coverage and flexibility on lancing spray is hard to describe. A lot of builds are plagued with this choice: is it worth the time to context switch to burn down this chunky rare? Whether that means switching from your clear skill to single target(rare these days) or interrupting your dps to lay down some totems or arcanist brand. It's not a great feeling choice because the game doesn't communicate it until you're at least partially through the chunky rare's HP bar. I highly prefer builds where this "context switch" is as minimal as possible.

tl;dr: the auto aiming on lancing steel means you just keep using your clear skill.

It's similar CoC DD except you aren't clogging up your damage skill with at least 2 dead skill gems. Additionally, you can supplement your trigger skill with utility supports like return projectiles and life gain on hit. I tried CoC DD, it was fun, if a bit squishy. I would say Holy Relic of Conviction has even better clear because of return projectiles.

Give the build a try. It might get an adjustment, if only as a reaction to the deserved popularity. But I don't think the build does anything abusive or out of line. If anything, lancing steel of spraying is the star. Amazing what can happen when that stupid Call of Steel clunk is removed from a skill.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Yeah since I only have 2 voidstones I haven't been getting T17s really, had 2 so far in total, been just alc and going on T16s for now.

Really need to stop Eater altaring and start maven witnessing but I just wanted ONE divine altar and I haven't gotten it yet :(

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm level 70 using this build Boneshatter Juggernaut League Starter 3.23 - POE Maxroll.gg

but not sure I understand the end game skill choices or if the build page is 'wrong'

Ancestral Protector - Ancestral Warchief - Multiple Totems Support - Maim Support (but you can only have one totem gem down at once?)

CWDT Lvl 1 - Molten Shell lvl 1 - Warlords Mark lvl 1 - Berserk lvl 20 ( I understand keeping CWDT at lvl 1 so it triggers more frequently but Berserk is linked and too high a lvl so have to cast manually

Pride - Determination - Ancestral Cry - Urgent Orders Support ( Not enough mana for Pride, Determination and War Banner )

Precision - Arrogance Support - Leap Slam - Faster Attacks Support

Also how do i get rid of these, cant stash them or destroy them

I'm level 89 using this build Boneshatter Juggernaut League Starter 3.23 - POE Maxroll.gg

Could use some more feedback on the build skill gems:

CWDT Lvl 1 - Molten Shell lvl 1 - Warlords Mark lvl 1 - Berserk lvl 20

Boneshatter - Close Combat Support - Ruthless Support - Fortify Support - Brutality Support - Melee Phys Dmg Support

I currently have Rage Support instead of Brutality Support because I didn't see where Rage would come from without it. Now I see casting Warlords Mark grants rage when you stun the single cursed target. Is Warlords Mark enough to keep rage up or should I keep the Rage support gem?

1713370407402.png

I currently have lvl 1 CWDTS - Lvl 10 Molten Shell - Lvl 5 warlords mark - lvl 1 Berserk

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haven't gotten to T17s yet, still doing my usual rerolling routine.

On alt number...lost track actually. Whatever. Still leveling Holy Relic of Conviction, but can already see it's going to be mechanically a very fun build. The coverage and flexibility on lancing spray is hard to describe. A lot of builds are plagued with this choice: is it worth the time to context switch to burn down this chunky rare? Whether that means switching from your clear skill to single target(rare these days) or interrupting your dps to lay down some totems or arcanist brand. It's not a great feeling choice because the game doesn't communicate it until you're at least partially through the chunky rare's HP bar. I highly prefer builds where this "context switch" is as minimal as possible.

tl;dr: the auto aiming on lancing steel means you just keep using your clear skill.

It's similar CoC DD except you aren't clogging up your damage skill with at least 2 dead skill gems. Additionally, you can supplement your trigger skill with utility supports like return projectiles and life gain on hit. I tried CoC DD, it was fun, if a bit squishy. I would say Holy Relic of Conviction has even better clear because of return projectiles.

Give the build a try. It might get an adjustment, if only as a reaction to the deserved popularity. But I don't think the build does anything abusive or out of line. If anything, lancing steel of spraying is the star. Amazing what can happen when that stupid Call of Steel clunk is removed from a skill.
Dunno if it's lack of mtx I'm seeing on these videos but the build is missing that crunch. I can see the defensive benefits of going necro over the coc dd inquis but I've not had much issue with survivability on my coc dd in ssf, except for phys and chaos which I have plans of fixing. Also the damage of coc dd can't be understated because dd is so busted, especially with meatsacks being able to be abused now.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did the abomination t17 and no clue wtf was goin on on boss but seemed like a clusterfuck of spammy shit from the Malachi bosses all at once, pretty shitty boss design as there was basically no room to stand anywhere. My char has huge life pool so I just tanked a buncha shit I think was supposed to kill me and cleared it but really nothing telegraphed at all. This was with no boss mods either, only thing was maven mod on map but she didn’t do the heal bs so not bad.
I didn’t know how it would go so didn’t put any scarabs or juice at all into the map and still netted like 5 div in a few mins lol, boss alone dropped an Uber maven fragment and another fragment , then I got some pricey scarabs and a buncha other shit.

If you aren’t doing t17s right now you are probably losing out, is what I gathered from it. They seem heavily underpriced at 50-70c

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Dunno if it's lack of mtx I'm seeing on these videos but the build is missing that crunch. I can see the defensive benefits of going necro over the coc dd inquis but I've not had much issue with survivability on my coc dd in ssf, except for phys and chaos which I have plans of fixing. Also the damage of coc dd can't be understated because dd is so busted, especially with meatsacks being able to be abused now.
I was doing CoC DD on a league start budget. I was in a tabula(normally wouldn't include in league start, got lucky) with determination and grace. My inquisitor still fell over far more than I would have liked. My conclusion was that having to solve accuracy, crit, attack speed(kinda), and mana costs(via EB) spread investment too thin. I think beyond league start levels of gear, it would probably fair better, but I wasn't willing to slog through that with other builds to try.

Sure, it lacks impact. If you go cold convert via Triad Grip, you get some nice shatters. But, it's also been nice to not have the screen cluttered. Also, that DD sound gets obnoxious quickly.

Damage on CoC DD, on equal gear levels, is definitely higher. Especially this league. I'm not sure why they introduced spectres with corpse life higher than 360% life. What was the point of that normalization they did a few patches ago?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Does the alt holy relic have the same damage effectiveness as the regular one? It doesn't say on the wiki or the gem.

If it's the same 250% damage with a .3s CD as the base relic that seems pretty cracked. Regular relics always had giga damage, they just felt like ass to play cause they were slow and your damage was always behind you, but if these work like totems where they just blast which ever mob is closest that's a pretty big upgrade.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It is assumed to have the same damage and cooldown as the base gem, but there's no datamined nor player-tested confirmation.

Last edited:

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Was expecting to put an enchant on an armor piece at the end of the lab. Guess that's gone now.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Just had like 34 scarabs from a single map, I really like that, just wish there weren't so many. Still haven't gotten a Div lantern or altar, but I think I'm going to switch to Maven witnessing tomorrow. Have a few fragments for the Elder, but nothing towards Maven fight yet.

Whats the best way to acquire splinters now aside from buying them?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do boss rush maven witness with the extra boss maven node and spec the influence nodes to get the various shaper/elder/conq/synth maps, witness those and do the invitations at no less then 60%

You get about 5 splinters for the special invitations

You can speed this up with the scarab that give influence maps instead of regular, boss mod scarab (one of the domination ones) and if you get really lucky you'll spawn a lantern where packs are accompanied by bosses.

Probably rogue exiles to get more unique mobs as unique mobs will probably drop more maps

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Since the crafting is so stupid this league I figured may as well play some gigantic stupid bow setup. This particular bow cost me 6 divines. What a nonsense league.

This tree sucks, doesn't even have a thread of hope, my lethal pride is ass, and I never bothered to try and fit a yoke in cause it just doesn't matter. The damage is enough to just offscreen everything always. With a proper barrage setup and a yoke this could hit 20m I suspect and do bosses if you really wanted to, but it's really not what these kinds of builds are for

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Does the alt holy relic have the same damage effectiveness as the regular one? It doesn't say on the wiki or the gem.

If it's the same 250% damage with a .3s CD as the base relic that seems pretty cracked. Regular relics always had giga damage, they just felt like ass to play cause they were slow and your damage was always behind you, but if these work like totems where they just blast which ever mob is closest that's a pretty big upgrade.
I misread the skill gem. You are correct that it fires at a nearby enemy when you hit anything. That's likely what gets nerfed. It will easily offscreen stuff if there's nothing closer. Or if you're hitting stuff offscreen and there are targets closer but to the side, it will target those so you don't have to. It helps explain why I was enjoying this more than CoC DD.

They kneecapped WOrb in 3.7 with a similar nerf.

• Now has a 20% reduced target acquisition range.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah i've been playing that holy relic build too. Got to the 52% cdr breakpoint and it's pretty nuts.