Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Quick and dirty tree pathing fixes + real jewels and dual taming setup:

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

Damn thats an insane boost in dps, heading to bed but will check it out tomorrow. You did call it though, followed a non crit build for the league start and then kinda left a lot of pts where I had them.....at least I have a good amount of regrets to respec.

Appreciate the help, and sorry to waste your time trying to help my dumbass out. If I hadn't lucked out on 2 divine justice cards I would have nothing, so at least something went my way!

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Cant help much with the build because 1, your pob lacks jewels and 2, you have some stuff clicked that makes no sense so i can only assume somethings fucked somewhere, like random small nodes 1 mana node, 1 dex node, 1 life recoup

Ailment avoid you usually get on gear (some on tree too).
Boots eater implicit can give 32
Boots suffix 35
body armour prefix 35
Shield suffix 35
Shield synth implicit 25
Ancestral vision jewel if you have suppress is good
grand spectrum jewels x1 - x3 = 36 -108

Or use stormshroud with shock avoidance usually from abyss jewels and boot suffix/implicit, or with pathfinder on flask or at the very highend with mageblood

Buy finished items on trade as you see fit or get some fractured items and essences when/if you decide how you wanna go about it. Sadly the common cheaper way of finishing items, that being lock prefix/suffix and veiled chaos orb is no more because now each veil is 8 divine + so crafting yourself can screw you over.
Think its pretty obvious I still dont know how to utilize POB correctly, I looked at my stat sheet and saw 0/4 power charges so assumed that meant I have a max of 4 so I added them in. Probably should have left everything default.....but did you not see my gems? Thought I included them, but who knows - that site is essentially as confusing as crafting is to me right now.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Tried an omega level grave craft with all 88 bodies and it was pretty meh

I even sprung for a full additional item and sadly the second one was even worse than this:

1713166812534.png

Its full T1 ele and nice crit, but without attack speed it's just a failure, specially considering you can buy a ~1500 dele dps bow for like 6 divines right now which is about what I spent on the extra item bodies

• 1Tiresome
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Question:

Is it not worth it to use a large cluster jewel, or would that be something that waits until I get my last 5 pts?

Last edited:

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
There's lots of stuff you can work towards, poe.ninja is a good source to see what others are playing.

This looks like a good goal to work towards
Jesus thats insane dps and dude has a fuckton of jewels, guessing damage conversion all to one element, I'd never get close to that hahahaha. Will try Ronne's changes and see how much it improves my damage and go from there. 100% crit chance / 100% chance to hit with ailment avoidance is probably the best I can hope for this league.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
He's also somewhat gaming the profile. See if you can figure out how reliable his Berserk uptime would be on a boss encounter.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

Btw would the dps actually be double since with the right positioning it double dips both spell & melee hits? I've seen people use 2 instances of a 6-linked LS chest in their POBs but wasnt sure how accurate that was.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Jesus thats insane dps and dude has a fuckton of jewels, guessing damage conversion all to one element, I'd never get close to that hahahaha. Will try Ronne's changes and see how much it improves my damage and go from there. 100% crit chance / 100% chance to hit with ailment avoidance is probably the best I can hope for this league.

That guy is running a doryanis prototype setup, which is a very, very different build from what you are doing.

The tri-elemental trinity setup has a lot lower ceiling than stuff like the doryanias builds, but is much more straight forward and easier to build. You aren't really looking for anything terribly fancy besides crit multi, attack speed, flat damage, etc. It's a fine place to start with if you're new.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Btw would the dps actually be double since with the right positioning it double dips both spell & melee hits? I've seen people use 2 instances of a 6-linked LS chest in their POBs but wasnt sure how accurate that was.

Yea lightning strike can still do the melee + projectile hit if you position yourself correctly

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Up to yellow maps on Trickster Hexblast mines following a guide from Ventrua. The totality of my prior experience with mines/traps is one character I didn't even finish the campaign with running pre-nerf Seismic + Exsanguinate mines so I just did what I was told at each step. I get why it's a league starter. My gearing through the campaign was some Orbs of Binding and some bench crafted resistances and it was real, real strong. It's just a tiny bit awkward occasionally but I figure that'll smooth out with some gear and some better play on my part. Having a bunch of unexploded mines too far away from packs reserving all my mana because my muscle memory is stuck on Storm Brand is a "me" problem. For every time I get resource starved for a second or two there's another time I get to hold mine button + spacebar and freeze lock something scary straight to hell. That feels real good.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Up to yellow maps on Trickster Hexblast mines following a guide from Ventrua. The totality of my prior experience with mines/traps is one character I didn't even finish the campaign with running pre-nerf Seismic + Exsanguinate mines so I just did what I was told at each step. I get why it's a league starter. My gearing through the campaign was some Orbs of Binding and some bench crafted resistances and it was real, real strong. It's just a tiny bit awkward occasionally but I figure that'll smooth out with some gear and some better play on my part. Having a bunch of unexploded mines too far away from packs reserving all my mana because my muscle memory is stuck on Storm Brand is a "me" problem. For every time I get resource starved for a second or two there's another time I get to hold mine button + spacebar and freeze lock something scary straight to hell. That feels real good.
Mines looks like it could be fun to try - don't tempt me! My early campaign was a slog as LS (but that also could be a me problem).

May actually try a 2nd build this league but I haven't made my mind up - especially since I can't even figure out my first build :)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I tend to get extra mileage out of doing things I have minimal/zero experience with during leagues with mechanics I'm not all that interested in.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Mines and traps are.......a trap.

They can be uber powerful, but like totems they are definitely a distinct play-style choice. I've done a couple over the years and despise the playstyle; every time one comes up meta I try it and wince my way to 90 and then bail. Then again, I love totems, so call me crazy and weird.

Anyway, I am just finishing off high red maps in my atlas today and was thinking that my build feels extra squishy this league for some reason. Then I realized that the league is basically random power juice to different groups of mobs. I don't pay attention to it, and don't move them around to min-max them, so it can lead to some pretty rippy combinations.

My fav one so far was adding gemlings (was the fire shooting ones) to a +proj/elemental weakness T14 map, and some other additional shenanigans. I was chugging potions like a madman and I could not have completed the map WITHOUT playing totems because the moment I stopped my HPs dropped to zero lol.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
This is where I am so far.....don't notice a huge mapping speed difference, but definitely seems like the bosses and uniques die a lot faster. I didnt add anything to this aside from check the charges, let me know what I am missing if the damage should be higher.

edit: Actually must be doing something wrong bc I don't even see the DPS listed. I did buy 3 gems, will try for the other 2 tomorrow.

This one any better?

Last edited:

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I take that back - I am killing T16 bosses WAY faster, but still don't think the DPS on my POB is accurate :( Really appreciate your help, still need some gems and the critical attack support to see how much difference that makes, but it definitely feels better. Thanks again!