Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
If you aren’t doing t17s right now you are probably losing out, is what I gathered from it. They seem heavily underpriced at 50-70c

I had my first one drop this morning but i'm pretty sure my trashy srs guardian would not be successful assuming there is a decent difficulty increase over t16s.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Divines at their cheapest since the ex/divine swap. I think people just melting thru chaos while rage rolling t17s.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think I've ever spent chaos to reroll a map, I've always had an abundance of alchs and scours and I'd rather spent a few extra clicks. I still haven't tried T17s yet but plowing 10s of chaos(what I deem ~1 week into a league upgrades) into a map sounds aggravating. While this is better than not being able to reroll at all, I hope this decision wasn't centered around having a chaos sink.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
T17s are pretty hard. I blew all of mine after getting my last void stone. Didn't beat one. I had union of souls in one which was hilarious. Like holy fuck that shit was so bricked.

Should probably change my atlas to not increase explicit mods as well as I'm pretty sure that fucked me too

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It most certainly was. Which is fine with me. Dealing with 100s of chaos per divine sucks
I don't have a problem with chaos sinks themselves. I'd prefer chaos(and all currency for that matter) sinks exist because players are positively motivated to spend them. Not because they need to avoid build-bricking map mods.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's less a chaos sink and more of a 'we don't want people to be able to annul these down to being freerolls' kind of thing. Or just run them white/magic etc.

The mobs base health and stuff in the maps isn't that much crazier than regular t16 mobs. So locking in some amount of difficulty by making the map mods awkward to roll safely is probably fine.

Fuck exploding barrels though. Every strike/slam in the game literally not viable with that mod around lol.

Xevy

Log Wizard
T17's now are probably 25% of what they were in the original un-rollable phase. The rolling with chaos made it so you could fish for "doable". The T16 mod pool being added which largely REMOVED other T17 mods from the map rolls (it's like 3/3 now, ish) made them a joke. There's some bad mods for sure, but if you have a good build it's not a problem. The bosses themselves have as much health as a normal eater/exarch or maybe even a little less so high DPS just blasts them.

The first T17 I did like day 5 of the league I had Earth Shatterer Goats who had 120% increased attack speed. If you don't know what that is, they're the boss of Glacier, the giant goat that leap slams you. I got leap slammed very hard, very much. I think I cleared about 60 mobs in that entire T17 before I ran out of portals. After the chaos changes I did some Citadels and they were definitely easier with chaos fishing, and then they nerfed them more and they're basically a hard T16 map with a catch or two. Just don't get something dumb like reduced aura effectiveness or recovery or anything because you'll be in a bad spot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One of them I had was shaper touched with increases attack speed and was getting walloped with shaper slams before I could even react.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What are some good general purpose spectres? These charge monkeys only seem to do their job if I go hug shit.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What are some good general purpose spectres? These charge monkeys only seem to do their job if I go hug shit.

Titty bitches from t17 maps look about as good as any spectre ever has

Unless you want specifically just buffs/utility? Do the giant turtles from the trials guys still give determination?

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Had a "strongest enemy in the pack drops div cards" and threw exiles on it, Jesus I got 5 portals worth of cards. Aside from a few ventors cards, nothing great, but was pretty insane. Wish I would get the div Mod already!!!!

Xevy

Log Wizard
Frenzy monkies
Power Charge monkies
Debuff Harvest shit
Debuff Beyond shit
Prox Bubble Bros (pretty good as they hug you and cast it like 66% of the time and don't die, because.. prox bubble)

List of most all if not all of the utility specters listed there. Frenzy monkies are the go-to for most bang for your buck.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Titty bitches from t17 maps look about as good as any spectre ever has

Unless you want specifically just buffs/utility? Do the giant turtles from the trials guys still give determination?
Utility spectres for my cold holy relics. I don't think those turtles give determination.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Finished like 30 T16s today and not a single T17 map, is the drop rate really that bad before getting all the voidstones???? I've had 2 drop total but not another in a long time :(

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Utility spectres for my cold holy relics. I don't think those turtles give determination.

If you don't mind the visuals the primal crushclaws do a cold debuff. Pale Seraphim's do a debuff net thing that causes increased damage taken. Depending on how you're set up there might be some merit in choosing a spectre just to do damage on their own.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Frenzy monkies
Power Charge monkies
Debuff Harvest shit
Debuff Beyond shit
Prox Bubble Bros (pretty good as they hug you and cast it like 66% of the time and don't die, because.. prox bubble)

List of most all if not all of the utility specters listed there. Frenzy monkies are the go-to for most bang for your buck.
But can you get the charge monkeys to reliably cast with meat shield? Or not fall over without meat shield?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you don't mind the visuals the primal crushclaws do a cold debuff. Pale Seraphim's do a debuff net thing that causes increased damage taken. Depending on how you're set up there might be some merit in choosing a spectre just to do damage on their own.
Poedb says those both have relatively long cooldowns. That applies to the spectres too?

If it wasn't for the support gems doubling with animate guardian, I'd probably drop spectres for a divine blessing aura.

Xevy

Log Wizard
But can you get the charge monkeys to reliably cast with meat shield? Or not fall over without meat shield?
You use two monkies with meatshield and you'll basically always have frenzy charges unless you're going like 10-15 seconds without combat. They're very reliable unless perhaps you're max, MAX ranging, and even then as a skelly mage user doing that I had frenzy charges more often than not.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Headhunters 10 divine

Squire under 1

Magebloods under 100

This is the league for you normies to fuck about with all the t0 uniques you've never had

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user