Path of Exile

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Might be because of my playtime is quite erratic, but I always view the opportunity cost of not selling something as rather high, but yeah, B/O only.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Didnt someone a few pages back say that GGG is looking into ways to ease trading? Is that actually on their agenda or just based on some forum comment that's going nowhere?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, they are looking into it, but no ETA on solution, but if what they come up with is as good as the item filters or the new network settings vs desync, I don't mind. You also have to keep in mind that if they make trading easier, price of everything is going to tank drastically and average character power will go up.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Didnt someone a few pages back say that GGG is looking into ways to ease trading? Is that actually on their agenda or just based on some forum comment that's going nowhere?
To be honest, while 3rd party, the various parsing websites and automatic shop programs are such that it doesn't really matter that much. You can list stuff that's in specific stash tabs automatically to your webpage without having to do anything(so you make like a stash tab that's 1chaos value and drop everything worth 1 chaos in it, and it'll automatically update your forum thread with those items), and then the various trading sites parse the forums frequently(and you can force update your thread) and pick up everything to list there, plus keep track of people who are online and such.

It's all fairly easy to use overall, it's just not integrated so many people don't use it at all.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Big jump would be offline trading, right now if you aren't online a lot, you probably won't sell much

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Big jump would be offline trading, right now if you aren't online a lot, you probably won't sell much
Some sort of NPC that is in your Hideout that sells shit for you while you're offline would be good yeah. I don't know how much they want to simplify trading though, nor do I care too much, I don't play enough to have to trade more than a little bit, which is mostly dumping uniques for chaos then trading chaos for whatever currency I need to upgrade my self found garbage or buy specific cheap pieces. I never get rich and I never do a whole lot of stuff with my items. I do fill several stash of shit "I might need" though, every fucking time.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Some sort of NPC that is in your Hideout that sells shit for you while you're offline would be good yeah. I don't know how much they want to simplify trading though, nor do I care too much, I don't play enough to have to trade more than a little bit, which is mostly dumping uniques for chaos then trading chaos for whatever currency I need to upgrade my self found garbage or buy specific cheap pieces. I never get rich and I never do a whole lot of stuff with my items. I do fill several stash of shit "I might need" though, every fucking time.
isnt that exactly what their proposed ingame trading system will be?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
isnt that exactly what their proposed ingame trading system will be?
Wasn't aware they had talked about it yet. Anyway it's not anytime soon, they confirmed it won't be for this patch, probably the one after but that's several months off, like end of the year-ish at best.

They also posted some fairly general beta changes(not like notes, just some changes), and kinda as expected, pretty much everything people are playing because OP is getting nerfed into the ground, though a bunch of stuff is sure to replace it soon enough. Gonna be exciting times as usual.

khalid

Unelected Mod
pretty much everything people are playing because OP is getting nerfed into the ground, though a bunch of stuff is sure to replace it soon enough. Gonna be exciting times as usual.
Yeah, might as well throw out everything you know about viable builds atm. Pretty much every defensive and offensive mechanic is getting reworked. Caster projectiles not shotgunning, ondar's guile good against ranged but bad against melee, prolif being redone, etc.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Kripp announced he'd be streaming this. That guy gets a ton of hate for some reason but I don't think I've ever seen someone poopsock a game so hard with such an analytical mindset. He really was coming out with some cool shit back in the day (when he first played PoE).

Ryanz

<Banned>
Kripp announced he'd be streaming this. That guy gets a ton of hate for some reason but I don't think I've ever seen someone poopsock a game so hard with such an analytical mindset. He really was coming out with some cool shit back in the day (when he first played PoE).
Yea...you're not going to see that anymore.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He went from being a hardcore AARPG(PoE/D3) streamer and youtube content creator to only doing hearthstone streaming and youtube videos that probably make him way more money. His old fans are just butthurt he left them for more $$.

Ryanz

<Banned>
I'm just being honest. He's not going to theory craft and pick the game apart like he did before. He's just gonna dip in for 2 days, and then back to hearthstone.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I found Hearthstone streaming a little boring after a while even though the streamers were likable enough, it's all unbelievable luck with those stupid random goblin/gnome cards. You know they must film way more games than they show on Youtube and cherry pick when the luck makes an entertaining play.

This is before they released the goblin/gnome expansion to capitalise on this, I haven't bothered to check in since. I imagine it's only worse now.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have trump and kripp on my favorites list and whenever they're streaming Hearthstone they have like 20-30k viewers. Anything else is abysmally less. I don't like watching the streams or playing hearthstone but some people love it.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I love to troll the shit out of reddit/poe so I'm sorry if you were ever one of those people, Ryanz. Nothing personal.

The amount of people that are pressing f5 while watching a countdown timer is just amazing to me. Soooo excited about some certain timer while there are 2 fucking months until the updated content is released. You would have to hide in a hole for that long for the entire "expansion" to not be 100% ruined with exact detail.

1 out of 100 can barely form a complete sentence.

*Edited to form a complete sentence*

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, reddit is a little out of control right now with omgz teh betaz!!111 posts. People need to relax, shit is 2 months long and shit is gonna get change and people are already either theory crafting builds or screaming that their favorite skill just got nerfed into the ground. The reaction to the GMP/LMP shotgun changes is particularly amusing. GGG straight up said all affected skills will be rebalanced yet people are still screaming freeze pulse, flame totem, incinerate, etc are all useless now.

Ryanz

<Banned>
The reaction to the GMP/LMP shotgun changes is particularly amusing. GGG straight up said all affected skills will be rebalanced yet people are still screaming freeze pulse, flame totem, incinerate, etc are all useless now.
Yea I know. They are thinking in terms of how the game is played right now, not in how the game is going to be played in the future. GGG is changing the entire game, the shotgun thing might not have as big an influence as everyone is crying about.