Path of Exile

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think the change is good, since all projectiles had to use LMP/GMP for the massive boost in damage with very little downsides. The only place where it wasn't strictly better were Vorrici missions ffs.

The announcement and reveal were botched a bit in my opinion, all that hype and press tours for what is essentially closed beta while very little happens in the open game. If they extended the 1M leagues for the duration of the beta, I could see myself trying the HC mode, even if I would probably die to some stupid desync, but better than telling most of your playerbase to come back in two months. I know they have limited manpower, but even the 1M leagues couldn't be that hard to do.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They said they have events coming for the live servers, but I guess they're waiting for the 1month to end(did it end already? not sure).

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Clyclone builds should be awesome since the got a buff in the beta. They lowered the cost of it from 24 to 12 and life gain on hit so far is untouched. Plus with the desync issue resolved should be a popular build.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The shotgun change also is a buff to chain in a ways, which it needs. Almost never saw anyone using the actual chain support regardless of spell/wand/bow build.

Caliane

haven't been paying attention. want the surprise. skills aren't going to shotgun anymore? Feel like thats going to make a great many redundant.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well you can argue that opposite that with shotgunning, every skill capable made GMP mandatory in whats otherwise supposed to be a highly customizable skill system. We'll have to see what the balance numbers say. One example that already defeats some of the doom sayers is flame totem gains projectiles as it levels up naturally.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How far have you gotten? What's your opinion of self-found? They hinted at making the game harder, what do you think?
Played through a3 cruel with a bow ranger before rolling something else. Self found is always rough on a weapon based character, even harder now that all mobs have increased hp. My damage just seemed abysmal at times. The game is harder but not really enough to make anything of it. Mobs have more hp and do more damage. Note on this though is that the tuning isnt complete in cruel and merciless yet so that opinion is just based off of normal where you wouldnt expect these increases to be very big anyway.

Right now Im just entering a3 cruel with a caster and its been a much smoother playthrough. Part of it is definitely that I knew what to expect from everything and that damage output is a much smoother curve on a caster. Mana regen has been harder than usual with the EB change. After all the clarity nerfs in the past few patches, its tough to keep mana up without help from a potion. This is probably the first time Ive played through with a mana pot still on my bar after lvl 40.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We expect a full write up when it happens. How is the loot filter working out for you?
We actually just found out it was working in the alpha hardcore league around an hour ago. Being low level still, I havnt messed with it. Part of that also is that not a lot of loot drops when your solo. In a group of 6 Im sure its amazing.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I guess I should just start selling off everything I have stashed now before the eventual expansion makes everything obsolete.

Err I mean, who wants to buy some legendary goods on standard? Come quick for the best brodeals $$$

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
We actually just found out it was working in the alpha hardcore league around an hour ago. Being low level still, I havnt messed with it. Part of that also is that not a lot of loot drops when your solo. In a group of 6 Im sure its amazing.
Yeah don't really need to filter until you get to map where even solo you can't get some pretty shitty situations going when a bunch of rare/magic packs are on top of each other and shit like that. Still would be useful for sound alerts on currency drops and stuff.

Melee self found is pretty shit, even with the recipes which do help a good deal. Still, making a good weapon out of the blue you get requires vagan to be leveled enough, or a regal and some luck, or both. You can't really just use a blue weapon even if you augment something decent like crit or speed, because just having a mid tier phys% roll on it doesn't make it good enough really. On top of that as melee you need to be resist capped but without using too shitty items(like you do need some health and resist on most items otherwise you're gonna die). Maybe they'll add a decent unique leveling weapon from a recipe in 2.0.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I guess I should just start selling off everything I have stashed now before the eventual expansion makes everything obsolete.

Err I mean, who wants to buy some legendary goods on standard? Come quick for the best brodeals $$$
I want everything. Do you accept PP on the EQ Test server or naked/lingerie pictures of my wife?

I really one need like 3 items to complete my hoard of eq but If you're serious, I'm sure you have quite a few things I could use for my new alt that I make every 2 weeks.

Nylab~

Vitality

HUSTLE
Who's ready for the magic item only challenge?

rrr_img_95322.jpg