Path of Exile

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
One month Flashback leagues starting this Saturday:Forum - Announcements - One Month Flashback Leagues - Path of Exile

We've posted event threads for the Standard and Hardcore One Month Flashback Leagues. These leagues have various combinations of past league mods rotating in and out every few days. There are three-five league mods present during weekdays and ten during weekends. The events award Closed Beta keys randomly to top players each day.

Here's a condensed version of the rules from the league threads:
League Mod Schedule
Day 1-4: Anarchy, Rampage and Bloodlines.
Day 5-7: Nemesis, Invasion and Rampage.
Day 8-9: All league mods.
Day 10-12: Nemesis, Beyond and Bloodlines.
Day 13-14: Anarchy, Invasion and Torment.
Day 15-16: All league mods.
Day 17-19: Anarchy, Domination, Beyond and Torment.
Day 20-21: Nemesis, Invasion, Rampage and Bloodlines.
Day 22-23: All league mods.
Day 24-26: Anarchy, Onslaught, Ambush, Invasion and Rampage.
Day 27-28: Onslaught, Domination, Ambush, Beyond and Rampage.
Day 29-30: All league mods.

League mods change over at 8:00am New Zealand Time (GMT+12). This is on the daily anniversary of the start time of the league.

Prizes
The top 20 players by experience will receive an alternate-art Demigod's Eye.

At a random time each day, the top 1000 players in the event (by experience) who do not already have Closed Beta Access will go into a pool. 15 accounts from this pool will receive Closed Beta Access at random. Across the thirty days and two events, we will award Beta access to 900 accounts.

I want to clarify that if the top 1000 is full of players who already have access then that's no problem - it picks the top 1000 who don't have access. Players who have access are competing for fun and for demis.

Please check out the league threads (Standard and Hardcore) for more information.
So is it going to be like 3 separate leagues on one day? Or one leagues with all 3 mods enabled on it? Because if it's one league with Anarchy, Rampage and Bloodlines then fuck yes I'm in.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's one league that has 3old leagues mods at the same time and they rotate everyday, ending with all mods during the weekend.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
After playing 2.0, doing a one month on the old patch has minimal interest to me. Would rather test new ideas in 2.0.

Question: why is armor/es hybrid so rarely seen in builds?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Just FYI, the new league drops only standard items, the modifiers are purely for mobs/maps/events.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Question: why is armor/es hybrid so rarely seen in builds?
Eldritch battery changes + Arctic Armor nerfs made armor/es hybrid stacking less desirable.

The ES portion of the hybrid used to funnel directly into the mana pool for higher mana regen rates and easier use of max level arctic armor.

I still run Arm/Es on my summoner because having 3k life 3k es at sub 90 levels makes a lot of sense to me.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I bought the pack and played about 1 hour of beta and said meh, I just can't get into betas any more after I played the live game. The idea of a complete wipe just isn't appealing to me any more. I had a lot of fun on live doing various summoner builds though - low life with shav's just because well... why not

At any rate, I picked up d3 again last weekend and I'm having a lot of fun, it feels like that game is in the best state it's been, although there's not a whole lot of variance in builds still, it's very enjoyable compared to limping in torment 3 about a year ago

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
D3 is definitely enjoyable, for a while. I find that you get bored super quickly with the rate of acquisition of stuff and how little there is to do once you're there. GRs aren't very appealing, especially with fucking shit trials gating them, and you stomp torment 6 in like 3days of farming now, so really GRs is the only thing there is to do. The lack of loot, the forced time requirement and the massively health inflated guardian at the end makes it really boring to me though.

But yeah the game is better than ever, there's even more than 1 build per class that's viable now, and a lot of the builds are fun to play unlike some of the older shit. Class balance is pretty alright too, other than Crusader getting fucked in the ass since basically they were released. Wish they added Necros instead of a shitty monk.

I got my pack like last week and I haven't logged in the beta yet. I have no real interest in playing the beta other than checking lockstep out and maybe playing for a bit during that period of time. I'm fine with just reading about the changes on reddit or so.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
The beta is entertaining for me since I usually play very very conservatively on my HC characters. In the beta, I have no real vested interest in not dying so I'm learning to play aggressively with better flask usage. It also doesn't have much of an economy so its rather liberating to just play self-found and mess around. I wish they'd just drop the next wipe though; I want to try a different build out but it feels like we're about "ready for a wipe" and I'd be annoyed having to immediately redo 1-60.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If a dude wanted to check this out again after previously only playing a few hours how difficult would it be to get into?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Once you learn the systems and talent tree (which is confusing as hell for a first timer) it's very fun, especially as a fresh player. Once you reach the endgame, it's probably the stingiest arpg on the market for good loot.

Still worth your time to play though.

Vitality

HUSTLE
If a dude wanted to check this out again after previously only playing a few hours how difficult would it be to get into?
Once you get past the move speed attack speed and cast speed sludgery it gets a lot more fun to play.

I recommend doing atleast one playthrough on standard before trying your hand at Hardcore (Getting to Merciless Piety atleast)

Focus on HP and Resists on your gear pieces early on to make the game easier.

The game really ramps up in difficulty at the end of Cruel act 2 on your first play through.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They finally hit the aura shit in the dick on the beta server. Gist of it is auras have had their costs reduced(60% > 50%, everything else seems to be 5% lower), but Reduced Mana doesn't reduce reservation costs anymore. They instead made Enhance(the high level support gem that requires billions of xp to level up), reduces reserve.

Result is, at low level and until like 45-50, auras are less expensive and don't require Reduced Mana or to be linked together, after that they're more expensive(but still don't require Reduced mana or links), until super super lategame where a level 2 Enhance is 1% worse than current setups with lvl 20 reduced mana, a lvl 3 enhance is 1% worse or the same if you use a reserved reduction jewel and a lvl 4 enhance is the same as current.

Seems like a pretty good change to me, even though it is a direct nerf to a lot of builds for most of the endgame. I think it's better for the game though.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
They finally hit the aura shit in the dick on the beta server. Gist of it is auras have had their costs reduced(60% > 50%, everything else seems to be 5% lower), but Reduced Mana doesn't reduce reservation costs anymore. They instead made Enhance(the high level support gem that requires billions of xp to level up), reduces reserve.

Result is, at low level and until like 45-50, auras are less expensive and don't require Reduced Mana or to be linked together, after that they're more expensive(but still don't require Reduced mana or links), until super super lategame where a level 2 Enhance is 1% worse than current setups with lvl 20 reduced mana, a lvl 3 enhance is 1% worse or the same if you use a reserved reduction jewel and a lvl 4 enhance is the same as current.

Seems like a pretty good change to me, even though it is a direct nerf to a lot of builds for most of the endgame. I think it's better for the game though.
Might actually open up viability in groups with builds that all run different auras instead of a 6man map group where all 6 people all run the same 6 auras because you just stack every good aura on any build anyways. Also won't need 3-5 level 20 reduced manas in 100% of builds too, maybe?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Cool bros. Might check it out if I get a chance.
2.0 is in beta right now and its much more fun than the live servers -- they streamlined a lot of the zones, smoothed out leveling, etc etc. I think 2.0, even in beta, is the best PoE has ever been. The incoming netcode revamp and addition of a new mechanic that may help deal with RNG is going to be really nice, as well.

Sinzar's comment really only applies to poopsockers who absolutely must have the best. The way the game is tuned, if you actually had BiS gear you'd absolutely obliterate the game. The expectation is that you don't ever have anywhere close to BiS. Over the last year, I've seen a number of really solid guides to a "poor man's build" that can clear practically all the game has to offer.

Krag

Peasant
I'm looking forward to playing PoE again when I'm lucky enough to grab a beta key or just when it hits the live servers. I haven't played for quite a while, just waiting for the big patch mostly, and most of the new stuff looks great. I'm happy about the aura changes since almost being forced to make your build with one or more level 20 reduced mana gems always felt pretty limiting. And if the new lockstep stuff end up working as well as everyone hopes that will be the best thing since forever.

I have no clue what kind of char I'd start out with this time though, which is why messing about with the beta a bit would be fun. And maybe even finding some bugs.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Meh, decided to mess around with the 1MHC event -- at least until the big patch drops on beta next week. I'm hoping to see some favorable news for casters; right now the theorycrafters are hard at work but end-game survival has been turned on its head with the nerfs to AA/EB/MoM and CWDT/EC/IC. I agree that it should have happened; that setup was so cheap and effective there was practically no reason to ever do anything else, and that doesn't mesh with the spirit of the game. I think people just need to cool it (the beta forums are foaming at the mouths) and wait to see how the incoming adjustments to physical damage and AA play out.

If anyone plans to run 1MHC, post your name. I'll likely be trying some variation of an Arc templar; really enjoyed Arc in 2.0 and in 1.3 it ought to be even easier with the old-style defensive setups.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Rollin a KB shadow on the 1MHC. Hopefully this guy doesn't rip as soon as I get a good wand like happened to my last KB attempt in Beyond... Char-name is Rhaede