Path of Exile

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Loot filter is as amazing as the hype made it out to be. Several people have already released comprehensive loot filters that are pretty much set it and forget it from level 1 all the way to end game meeps. Also, GGG did a pretty good job streamlining the earlier acts to fit in act 4 - they're much less tedious to power through.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
so what build to play in the new league? should probably find a build that can decent end game w/ little invest in gear.
edit: Stash Tab bundles on sale this weekend.

First character in closed beta is templar/Searing Bond. Felt really strong; currently level 63 in A3 Merciless. I semi-rushed my way through all the way up until Merciless Ledges, where I did a few levels of farming just to build up some currency. I usually do some docks farming, just straight blitzing isn't my typical HC playstyle. After smashing Ledge for a bit, I alced some stuff and spent some alts on +life crafting. I've taken every fight I've come across except one; I think it was the armorsmith in a corrupted area. Haven't really had any close calls even playing quite recklessly. Searing Bond is still really really strong for leveling, needs no gear. Given the nerfs to prolif I'm not sure what I'd transition to come end-game. Maybe Flame Surge? So, end-game viability is probably limited but I'm crushing 60+ zones so this build can at least run the chaos recipe.

I really like how the game plays with the addition of A4, and very much looking forward to the next wipe and Div cards. I'll probably try a lightning witch just to get a feel for how ES works; I'm seeing conflicting reports on the viability of AA, but devs have said they're investigating lowering the mana cost.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Loot filter is as amazing as the hype made it out to be. Several people have already released comprehensive loot filters that are pretty much set it and forget it from level 1 all the way to end game meeps. Also, GGG did a pretty good job streamlining the earlier acts to fit in act 4 - they're much less tedious to power through.
There's one downside currently, you can still pick up items that are hidden. You need to setup the pickup on key function so you don't pickup everything while clicking around, hopefully they change it so loot filtered items become unclickable by default unless you hold the key, which would make it great.

But yeah otherwise it's nice and it's customizable enough that you can have a single file for everything although you might want to change some of the lategame filters depending on your tastes and shit, for example I like doing chaos orb recipe stuff but some people who play at higher levels don't bother and instead only do regal recipe and so on.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I actually hope it doesn't stay like that/isn't that good due to lower ilvl, cause that Voll farming looks boring as shit. I liked farming Piety or Dominus(though mostly Piety cause Merc Dominus farm is kinda risky) because each run took a while, some were faster, some were long, but you actually ended up kinda playing the game on the way then were rewarded with a boss at the end that had fairly good droprates. I don't want to constantly reset a 3mins map to kill a boss that for some reason drops boss level items. Seems it's early in though so the ilvl might be a limiter, and worst case they'll reduce its droprates and shit.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Divination Cards will seriously impact Voll farming. Of course, the economy will adjust but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out which cards one ought to target any given time (given price of item/price of cards). Something tells me they won't put a good card drop on Voll given ease of kill and ease of access. Voll will turn into some quasi-Mephisto that drops relative crap compared to the harder to kill/reach bosses.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I have very little faith in divination cards doing shit, considering they said they wouldn't add any themselves and they're all supporter designs, so there won't be that many and there will be for only specific stuff. Sure you might target a specific unique farming only the area for the cards, but you could also just farm a much more efficient area and have a chance to get the item, as well as many others worth the same and such. We'll see anyway, I just don't want this specific type of farming to be the most efficient cause that'd suck with how boring it is. Having it as an option for people who don't mind mindlessly doing 2minutes runs is fine but I hope doing 10-15mins boss runs in harder places is more rewarding over time.

Wonder if they'll patch lockstep this week. I've been waiting to check the beta out for it.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope they add anything. I got access on day 1, had fun playing through act 4 but now nothing is new about it anymore. They changed reflect and that was interesting when it was overpowered but now thats its scaled way down Ive sort of lost interest. Think I may just take a break until the next wipe and big content update. Devs keep preaching about skill balances coming up, would be nice to actually see some.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think cards are there pretty much to appease the self found or people who avoid trading whenever possible. I'm sure they'll continue to be the least viable farming option - and if not it's easy enough for ggg to adjust the drop rates/locations

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I have very little faith in divination cards doing shit, considering they said they wouldn't add any themselves and they're all supporter designs, so there won't be that many and there will be for only specific stuff. Sure you might target a specific unique farming only the area for the cards, but you could also just farm a much more efficient area and have a chance to get the item, as well as many others worth the same and such. We'll see anyway, I just don't want this specific type of farming to be the most efficient cause that'd suck with how boring it is. Having it as an option for people who don't mind mindlessly doing 2minutes runs is fine but I hope doing 10-15mins boss runs in harder places is more rewarding over time.

Wonder if they'll patch lockstep this week. I've been waiting to check the beta out for it.
tldr; I assume, after we collect some data on cards, we'll know pretty accurately what the expected income rate of boss farming is -- this is me assuming that to combat RNG they're making these cards drop between 5-20 percent of the time as opposed to .0001. The idea is that they want players to feel incrementally rewarded, so you'd expect to see a required card drop in <10 hours.

GGG has internal metrics for how much time it takes players to kill the boss of a tough map; they'll put Shav's cards on a tough map boss and tune the drop rate appropriately so that you can slam out some hard maps and have a reasonable expectation of seeing a valuable card drop. Maybe you don't want to farm Palace for 100 hours to get your own Shav's, but those cards will be worth an appropriate fraction of the item and I'm sure traders will make markets for them. I would also expect to see the cards be worth more individually than as a set; people on 19/20 or some such will pay a premium to complete.

I'm also pretty sure that there are hundreds of Highgate packages sold already... so you can be reasonably assured that you'll see all popular uniques and other "nice-to-haves" covered.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, it'd be better if they get it right. Jewels seem hugely overcomplicated tho.
I think they'll end up removing the really annoying ones, like the one that lets you pick anything that's not connected in the radius. Tbh this one looks like a fucking mess especially since it apparently reaches a lot of stuff that you should absolutely NEVER have access to without the linked points(phase acrobatics and the nodes behind CI with more ES). I think thye have plenty of jewels that they can just cut all the ones that look OP and rework them later if need be. Just working on rare jewels not generating too much garbage already opens up the possibilities a ton due to how specific you can make them.

As for waiting more, that's perfectly fine. I mean obviously like every player, I'd rather play as early as possible, but having to wait for the game to be better isn't a terribly big concern either because well, it's worth it. I'd rather they work hard on getting the shit right than just cut half of the expansion to be added later or whatever. Deterministic Lockstep mode especially is something you really want to get ready for the expansion launch, so you can advertise it. A lot of people who don't play PoE anymore after testing it I'd say are people who got annoyed at desyncing. If you advertise a feature that pretty much eliminates desyncying, a lot of people will try the game again, and what better time than when you also add a ton of new content.

I do hope they patch a bunch of changes every week though, so there's always something to test, rather than do bi weekly patches.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Just finished A4 merciless solo self-found with a searing bond templar. No real issues, didn't really have to stop and farm at any time -- did a bit of ledge farming in merciless just to catch back up to zone level. No idea how far I'll get in maps or if I'll even bother until the next wipe. Thinking of testing a squishier character next wipe, preferably after any balancing comes to phys damage in A4 lol.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Ripped to 68 dungeon map boss by playing like a retard; really wish the wipe could come around now, or at least throw div cards in.

Ryanz

<Banned>
One month Flashback leagues starting this Saturday:Forum - Announcements - One Month Flashback Leagues - Path of Exile

We've posted event threads for the Standard and Hardcore One Month Flashback Leagues. These leagues have various combinations of past league mods rotating in and out every few days. There are three-five league mods present during weekdays and ten during weekends. The events award Closed Beta keys randomly to top players each day.

Here's a condensed version of the rules from the league threads:
League Mod Schedule
Day 1-4: Anarchy, Rampage and Bloodlines.
Day 5-7: Nemesis, Invasion and Rampage.
Day 8-9: All league mods.
Day 10-12: Nemesis, Beyond and Bloodlines.
Day 13-14: Anarchy, Invasion and Torment.
Day 15-16: All league mods.
Day 17-19: Anarchy, Domination, Beyond and Torment.
Day 20-21: Nemesis, Invasion, Rampage and Bloodlines.
Day 22-23: All league mods.
Day 24-26: Anarchy, Onslaught, Ambush, Invasion and Rampage.
Day 27-28: Onslaught, Domination, Ambush, Beyond and Rampage.
Day 29-30: All league mods.

League mods change over at 8:00am New Zealand Time (GMT+12). This is on the daily anniversary of the start time of the league.

Prizes
The top 20 players by experience will receive an alternate-art Demigod's Eye.

At a random time each day, the top 1000 players in the event (by experience) who do not already have Closed Beta Access will go into a pool. 15 accounts from this pool will receive Closed Beta Access at random. Across the thirty days and two events, we will award Beta access to 900 accounts.

I want to clarify that if the top 1000 is full of players who already have access then that's no problem - it picks the top 1000 who don't have access. Players who have access are competing for fun and for demis.

Please check out the league threads (Standard and Hardcore) for more information.