Path of Exile

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Do you run faster projectile and shit like that for SB? I've actually never used the skill just heard it is really hard to hit shit with it.

Also it was funny I was playing D3 with a leapquake barb and the entire time I was like "Got I need to socket earthquake with increased AOE." It took me actually a while to realize I can't do that.

Caliane

Elemental SB is easiest/most effective. a phys might be possible. but its certainly more work, and likely cost more.

Lifting has a build which is very similar to what I went.

Forum - Scion - [2.1 Video Guide] Dual Elemental Siege Ballista Build 2x 40k+ DPS [HC/SC Atziri Viable] - Path of Exile

Siege Ballista+Weapon Elemental Damage+ Faster Attacks+ lesser Multiple Projectiles 4link+ Slower Projectiles 5link+ added lit 6l.

SB totems get the direct buffs of heralds, but no the proc on kill etc. so dont use them. Use auras.
Frenzy+Curse on hit+elem weakness+chain. My build is double curse, so I have proj weakness too.
flame golem.

Resolute tech.
Static electricty jewel crazy good.
Drill neck.
bow jewels in general. +attack speed with bow, totem damage. the 7 gemslot is pretty huge with the right jewels.

Hrm, he says thicket. why thicket over imperial? 1.5 base vs 1.45 huh.
he did more mana then I got for some reason. and those shadow nodes, where I got the totem, and regular attack speeds by scion health.

I am stat strapped. run an onxy ammy with silly dex/int stats on it.

its one of those snooze builds.

throw down a mirror arrow. throw down your SB. Spit out some curses/frenzy. go afk, while everything in 3 screens dies. no reflect, no corrupting blood, etc.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I organized the guild stash, no clue why really but I did.

I need to figure out my next build. I am hearing a lot about CoC and fakener. Anyone have a build for either of those they recommend?

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
to make a really good cast on crit you'd want voll's devotion too, which is quite a bit more costly (~16 ex in TSC)

I have 23 ex now in talisman. What should I do with it?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
to make a really good cast on crit you'd want voll's devotion too, which is quite a bit more costly (~16 ex in TSC)

I have 23 ex now in talisman. What should I do with it?
Buy a nice Voll's and let me rent it out.

How is standard economy versus the temp leagues? Things cost less?

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
C:EX is less on standard. But I'm not sure why anyone plays standard.
I view temp leagues as I build up my standard stash eventually. Like, I want to make the cool really expensive builds too.

In standard C:Ex is like 68:1 so it's been rising like talisman. But besides that, things are generally a bit more expensive but also more affordable. Like, a 6 link lightning coil might cost you ~20 ex (or more if it's legacy)

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Started playing this for the first time, found a random build on reddit that I followed more or less until act 3/4 of cruel when I started getting my ass kicked. Now I'm 62 still farming Kaom's Stronghold because my tanking sucks and I can't progress.

How can I show you guys my shitty build so you can tell how to fix it ?

Skills :http://i.imgur.com/PiVCKaI.jpg
Defense :http://i.imgur.com/Tu0RzZG.jpg
Offense :http://i.imgur.com/o2QbCdU.jpg

edit : the build I followed :Passive Skill Tree - Path of Exile

Ryanz

<Banned>
Well I'm not sure what build you found, but the main skill your using is lightning strike and it's just one of those inferior skills in the game right now, nobody really uses it tbh. I'm not really current on the powerful melee skills, but I'm pretty sure cyclone is the most OP if you're looking for a good melee skill. I'm sure you won't have a hard time finding a build for it either since almost everyone has a cyclone character. Ground slam has always been a newb friendly skill to use for your first character, not sure how it stacks up currently though. Maybe someone who plays melee could help out more then I can.

Looking at your gear I think you had maybe 2 pieces with +maximum life, and that's a big no no. You need to have almost every piece of armor with +maximum life (if you are a life based character) and at the very least 2 decent +resists to elements (your resists need to be capped at 75 from about cruel onward) per armor. If you don't know yet, the main hub for trading in this game is a website calledpoe.trade. You can search for items based on their mods within the league you are playing in. You can get some good upgrades for pretty cheap since your gear right now isn't the greatest. The main currency used is Chaos Orbs, so you will see everything listed in this currency. If you leave the trade channel open (in game) you can kind of see what the exchange rates for all currency is going for, but be aware their are a lot of scammers, so it's not really set in stone, just kind of a way to get an idea. Usually 1 chaos = 2 alchemy orbs = 2 fusing. I think those three will be the main currency you will see. If you're in the guild you can always just ask if you need to know what something is worth and someone should be able to help out.

Here is one of the programs used to list your items on Poe.trade. Here's basically what you have to do to open up your own shop. Go to the PoE main forum, and under "Trading" there will be a section in either Standard league, or hardcore league called "Shop". You make a thread with a title like "Bob's Hardcore Talisman Shop". When you make the thread the URL address will have a unique ID listed at the end of the link. You copy that ID, open up this Procurement program (which uses your PoE username and password to log into your account to look at your stash tabs and items) and set up your shop. The program will basically mimic your in game stash and you can list items for certain currency amounts, and then it will update your forum thread, thus also updating poe.trade so people can see what you are selling. It's a bit convoluted, but it's essential for playing this game. Here's the link to the program:Procurement

Also while I'm rambling on, here is a website I use to check what items can roll what mods and what the different tiers of mod rolls are:PoE mods

Hopefully some of this helps a bit. As a new player you're going to screw up A LOT. It's just a part of the learning process for this game. You'll figure it all out eventually and it's pretty satisfying. This game has a lot of depth to it that other games just can't compare with. Have any other questions feel free to ask here or in guild chat, everyone is very helpful.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Actually I think they buffed/changed Lightning strike last patch, so that's why there are LS builds floating around all of a sudden. Still not sure if it's better or not. I gave up on the Meta a long time ago and just play what skills are fun. Once you know the mechanics you can make almost any skill "work" with the right tree/supports which is why I love this game so much.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Is there anything online that place values on gems? I literally have 4 stash tabs full of gems I need to clear up. I'm not certain which gems are worth holding on. I know Vaal haste (and other Vaal ones) is a keeper but most of the other ones I'm lost.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Thetrade sitehas listing for gems as well. Most gems (unless they're high % quality) are worth less than the vendor cost after the first few days of a season. The drop only gems enhance, empower, and enlighten probably have a value though.