Path of Exile

Caliane

oh, hrm. characters was hidden I guess.
Casiadiass was the perandus tornado ranger.
just for show, not to copy. some dumb things there. either for testing, or bad links.

All three ranger ascendancy's are quite good.

Deadeye is the"ranged" one. 6points
+1 chain, is very very good for Tornado shot. and great for mapping and killing packs faster. large damage increase. the +chain adds little to nothing for single target, and has the danger of reflect hurting more.
Farshot adds 30% MORE damage to pretty much all bow attacks in practice.

The other 6 point option is +1 projectile, and +aoe size. Better for some.
with 8 points, most builds will grab both +proj, and +chain.

Raider.
not actually melee exclusive in any way.
So avatar of the slaughter works just fine for that +1 frenzy, and extra effective frenzy charges. (And rapid assault, AD and chance for onslaught on kill) this raw damage is better for single target then deadeye's chain. gives move speed, etc. its more versatile.

Pathfinder.
Pathfinder is utility. and honestly sooooo goood. Its hard to play anything else after.
On paper it might not look amazing, but its really hard to die with pathfinder.
15% Flask effect, move/as on flask, flask duration, all flasks remove bleeding.
and gain 10% of phys damage as random element with 10% elem pen. (a much larger damage gain then you would expect.)
If pathfinder, you change a few things. Druidic rite for sure. Primal spirit not bad either.
focus on getting those flasks to 20%. 1 life, 4 utility flasks. Rumis+Atziris is god mode. vinkters/taste of hate good as well. Silverflask also. alchemists(best), Chemists, Experimenters prefixs.
Suffix up to you and specific build. of heat, of warding, of adrenaline, of iron skin, of reflexes, as needed.

100% uptime with all 4 of your utility flasks is quite easy.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Well shit. I made a Scion using the Whispering Ice, and converting all my ice to fire damage, and was beasting everything, hoping to complete some more challenges before the end of the league. But apparently some little tiny spider boss in a corrupted side area of the Dried Lake had other plans for me. Never fought the boss before, and never seen the lightning skill it was using, but he ripped me in half. Sucks. Oh well, going on vacation tomorrow so won't have anymore time to complete challenges anyways. Cya all in Prophecy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They released the skill tree file for next patch(check reddit). Skill tree itself has like no change other than moving the stupid light on low life talent next to pain enhancement if you do low life builds, but it also shows all the ascendancy changes, and boy are there some. Lots of buffs across the board especially to unused shit, Slayer seems like really fucking good now(especially with the 20% culling skill, that's like a super large boost in power), Elementalist gets a cool new effect that reduces reflect on elemental dmg by 50%(slayer or whoever gets the same for physical) so you don't kill yourself with all the new dmg they added. Other classes not so lucky against reflect, but still a lot of cool stuff.

Forum - Development Manifesto - Development Manifesto: 2.3.0 Balance - Path of Exilefor manifesto
Release 2.3.0 Skill Tree Data · EmmittJ/PoESkillTree · GitHubfor skill tree offline tool thingie

Caliane

yeah. some crazy buffs in ascendancy.

elementalist.
Leige of the primordial buffed. (as if it needed it..) +1 golem.
Paragon of calamity, 50% reduced reflected elem damage added to previous dr.
Pendulum of destruction. +25% aoe size, added in addition to the +100% elem damage.
Mastermind of descord increased to 25% from 20%.

Ranger ones are kindof baffling imho.
Deadeye.. the already most popular one, got some serious buffs to the side two.
Ricochet/fast and deadly the same. farshot/endless as well.

Powerful prec however, now ALSO adds projectile return.
Previously this was a tora only mod, on bows and wands. (and still is only attacks.)
The projectile returns to the original firer. The same target cannot be hit again by the returning projectile. Its priority is after pierce/fork/chain.
huge buff to sharp and venomous as well.
old was:
10% chance to bleed on hit with attacks. 10% chance to poison on hit with attacks.
+30% crit multi vs bleeding. 40% inc crit chance vs poisoned.
New is: 25% chance to bleed on attacks.
40% crit multi vs bleeding. 80% crit chance vs bleeding.
moving while bleeding doesnt cause you to take extra damage.

Pathfinder had a small change to vet boywer.
a pretty major overhall to master alch line. Super tanky. not a fan of it really.

raider.
10>15% chance of frency on kill. way of the poacher
avatar of the slaughter the same.
Avatar of the chase line the same.

Phasing line, buffed.
old Quartz infusion.
6% chance to dodge attacks. 20% chance of phasing 3s on kill.
new quartz infusion:
6% dodge. 20% chance of phasing 3s on kill.
you have phasing while at max frenzy charges.
you have phasing while you have onslaught.

Caliane

I am not sure if these changes have made me change my mind on planned build. was going to try that golem summoner. but, not sure. none of these buffs really benefit it much. small necro buffs. The liege buff, has no effect on a golem summoner, only a golem buff slave.

Crazy buffs to deadeye make me want to try that. frost blades? lit strike? dunno. what neat things could be done with that proj return on melee skills?

Wrecking ball shield charge/discharge/molten shell.
Double golem+reduced reflect.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Juggernaught is the standout with the max endurance charges when you gain an endurance charge and 20% chance to gain an endurance charge when hit talent. With Voll's Protector/Voll's Devotion/Scold's Bridle and enough crit you can chain-cast 15+ charge discharges literally as fast as you can cast it. Critting with discharge means you get some number of power charges from Protector and expending those charges gets you 10 endurance charges via Devotion and some number of power charges from Protector again. If you fail to crit twice in a row, Scold's Bridle and literally any fast-casting skill that uses mana will quickly net you another 10 endurance charges to discharge again.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thats pretty crazy Xeq, ive been busy as shit but going to read into the changes today. From Caliane's post also it sounds like they went full buffs and I was thinking nerfs were incoming, no complaints since I like the faster playstyle PoE that its become.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
They nerfed some things for sure. Mainly ascendant and duelist champion because those were the most popular and for sure the strongest. I have no idea what I am going to roll

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think I'm feeling like playing a trapper. Maybe bladefall. Dunno. Any suggestions?

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I'm probably going to do Flameblast totems. Righteous Fire totems seem to be pretty FOTM and I don't really get what those have on Flameblast. It's the same base DPS but with about triple the AoE, and you can overlap the effects.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I'm either going blade vortex or CoC discharge (If I can score a Voll's devotion ammy) again. Or I may wait a few days and see how the Jugg discharge build turns out.

EDIT: By the way if anyone has problems loading the skill tree in Chrome, just disable the hardware acceleration within the browser and that should fix it.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I'm feeling like playing a trapper. Maybe bladefall. Dunno. Any suggestions?
If bladefall trapper isn't nerfed its one of the strongest builds in the game and can easily do Uber Atziri (which means it can probably do the new uber type boss coming in prophecy).

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If bladefall trapper isn't nerfed its one of the strongest builds in the game and can easily do Uber Atziri (which means it can probably do the new uber type boss coming in prophecy).
As your toon bladefall this season? Have a link to the build?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
As your toon bladefall this season? Have a link to the build?
I didn't run bladefall trapper but my good friend did who farmed Uber immediately, I saw it in action and its very very high damage. I actually ran crit ice trap with chaos conversion to do Uber and Voltaxic LA for my 2 week build.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Forum - Announcements - The Prophecy League Challenges - Path of Exile

Some of these sound retarded to me. I am not sure I will make 24 this time.
A stupid amount of grind, across many different areas. reddit is nuts. These look way worse to me then previous. I expect a big drop in completion.
Really?

The first 18 are stuff that are gonna happen on their own or with minimal interaction(like going back and doing all the quests and shit like that). Those are basically all the same as last league. Only prophecy chain might be tough I don't know exactly how it works, but I expect it gets done over time.

After that, lvl a gem to 20 and hitting lvl 90 are the same thing pretty much. Izaro on merciless is easy enough, as is killing the merc act bosses. After that you just need 2 more, and I assume if you play a bunch, unlocking the endgame labyrinth and killing argus in it would be pretty straightforward. Lvl 7 master, finding a random unique strongbox(which they added some of), fulfilling prophecies(might be super RNG though like perandus shit), identifying 50uniques(a good bunch will be cheap, even with this achievement, I'd think, like all the low lvl trash and stuff), killing the map bosses, killing twinned map bosses, all these are doable with some RNG or fair amount of currency.

The really annoying ones I think are the old league based maps(4beyond bosses and the one where you have to do a bunch of the various league shit), mostly because of the cost involved but should be pretty easy to do otherwise, probably even cheaper than twinned since you can just do low tier white/blue maps with mods, the 4 prophecy chains and the pale council followup(which might require more than 4 prophecy chains if you get doubles), clearing unid maps, clearing 8mods maps, divination cards and the 3 super grind heavy last ones, map from bosses, find 200shrines and grind shit.

So 36 would be annoying, but 24 should be easy I'd say, about the same as last league or so.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I seriously doubt I'll get the 36 one, maybe the 24 for the weapon effect. I've been pretty much a standard player all my PoE career. I never really played in a league for no more than a week or two because of my last job demanded so much time. Now with this new job I have more time to play. Plus all that currency I've accumulated over the years and the thought of not being able to use it drives me crazy. So this is the first league that I plan on sticking with from start to finish.

Caliane

Really?

The first 18 are stuff that are gonna happen on their own or with minimal interaction(like going back and doing all the quests and shit like that). Those are basically all the same as last league. Only prophecy chain might be tough I don't know exactly how it works, but I expect it gets done over time.

After that, lvl a gem to 20 and hitting lvl 90 are the same thing pretty much. Izaro on merciless is easy enough, as is killing the merc act bosses. After that you just need 2 more, and I assume if you play a bunch, unlocking the endgame labyrinth and killing argus in it would be pretty straightforward. Lvl 7 master, finding a random unique strongbox(which they added some of), fulfilling prophecies(might be super RNG though like perandus shit), identifying 50uniques(a good bunch will be cheap, even with this achievement, I'd think, like all the low lvl trash and stuff), killing the map bosses, killing twinned map bosses, all these are doable with some RNG or fair amount of currency.

The really annoying ones I think are the old league based maps(4beyond bosses and the one where you have to do a bunch of the various league shit), mostly because of the cost involved but should be pretty easy to do otherwise, probably even cheaper than twinned since you can just do low tier white/blue maps with mods, the 4 prophecy chains and the pale council followup(which might require more than 4 prophecy chains if you get doubles), clearing unid maps, clearing 8mods maps, divination cards and the 3 super grind heavy last ones, map from bosses, find 200shrines and grind shit.

So 36 would be annoying, but 24 should be easy I'd say, about the same as last league or so.
last season level 86 was highest, and highest I've stayed on one character. never gotten a gem level 20.
Got 24 challenges.
Didn't you say you had a hard time hitting 24 last league, and didnt want to grind out level 90? and had a hard time hitting level 7 master?

So lets see:
activate normal. easy.
kill act 2 uni. easy.
Kill 50 monsters bearing silver. assuming easy.
Fulfill a prophecy. assuming easy.
Complete encounters 1. should be easy.
kill norm act bosses. easy.
Create a hideout. easy.
Clear cruel sewers. Annoying. haha. but easy.
Cruel quests easy.
Use Currency items. all easy. Vaal orb only one with any real rng.

Complete encounters 2. moderate. some real rng on tormented Warlord. gemcutters. and shrounded shrine.

kill cruel act bosses. easy.
clear merc dried lake. easy. 12 challenges. 13 with encounters2, which I think is dumb luck, and can't be assumed.

Prophecy chain. easy I assume. 13
merc rares. some farm. easy. 14
Fulfull prophecy types1. no idea. 15 assume.
Kill 25 vaal bosses. Super annoying. Vaal areas seem so rare these days. I am not sure I killed 25 vaal bosses in all of Perandus, judging by vaal skill gem and shard count. Does the frame time thing still work? 16. with grind.
Vendor recipes. Moderate. Carto and Vaal orb a bit annoying. But doable I suppose. 17.
level a gem to 20. moderate. Have never actually done it. this is more grind then last season. 18 with lots of grind.
unique strongbox. I have never seen a unique strongbox ever, in my time of playing PoE.
Fully upgrade your hideout. Easy enough. (level 7 master.)" 19.
kill merc izaro. easy enough. 20.
fulfill these proph 2. no idea.
kill these beyond demons. got to assume prophecies are bringing them back? or is this requiring beyond map mod? 5chaos every one? yeah. not counting on this one.
ID 50 uniques. hrm. I probably hit 50 even self found. so lets count that one. 21.
Encounters 3. again, all these throwback events. prophecyes or map currency/chaos?
Merc act bosses 22.
Prophecy chains. no idea.
reach level 90. higher then ever before. but, just grind, no rng. 23.
Clear UnID rare maps. unless there is a way to ensure getting rare unid'd maps of the specific ones needed, super RNG. not reliable to complete.
Unseal end laby. probably 24.

Map bosses. probably 25.
endgame argus. no idea.
pale council. no idea.
div cards. lol nope.
Clear twinned maps. yeah. way too much hassle.
maps from map bosses. 300. lol. yeah. May be over estimating how much that sounds like, but doesn't sound like something I will get.
encounters 4. on paper, going with lol nope. shrines I expect the worst.
8 mods, same as twinned. nope.
2 end game grinds. lol nope.

So, to get 24 this time, i need to count level 90, level 20 gem, and 50 uniques. which is more effort then last season. (I think level 7 master is easier then level 90, even without ever doing a master rotation.)