Path of Exile

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Caliane, I am not out of date. I know there's srs but I don't consider them minions in the same way I do the permanent oafs I walk around with. Animate guardian doesn't deal any damage, animate weapon is like srs and mirror/blink arrow sure, there's some cool builds about them but it's not the summoner archetype I am looking for.

I simply want a good summoner gem I could build a 6 link around that doesn't have the QoL issues spectres do. You don't really need high level spectres for high-end content though, but it does help. I have collected some very odd pieces in standard (+2 zombie rigwald neck for example) and made some very strong and quite cool builds during perandus league that had no problem killing map kaom / map daresso, although eater of souls was too sketchy.

I bought the new support pack immediately, because I had already bought points earlier I could upgrade to it for $20 - which meant 100 points and all the mtx's included, I think that's a pretty solid deal to be honest.

With 2 more ascendancy points it's going to be interesting to see what builds people come up with. I think most scions that go for the berserker archetype for the leech will simply start at marauder place to get some easy free hp nodes.

I know it's a mistake but I am probably going to make a necromancer first next league

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think one other issue of summoner builds also when comparing to current top tier builds is there's no really good summoner ascendancy. Necromancer SOUNDS good, but it's only good for SRS imo, due to the massive cast speed. The other stuff is like increased damage, decent amounts but it's not like a lot of the other ascendancies for damage that do various multipliers of damage and shit like that. 100% damage on spectres and 40% with annoying uptime conditions is like, meh. It's also boring. You also kinda get shit all if you don't do SRS(cast speed from mistress) or Spectres(100% inc dmg from weaver). Animate weapon or Zombies(or skeletons/mirror) basically don't get shit from the spec. You could max block with mistress and bone offering, but then you don't have flesh offering massively boosting your damage, and you're not making that damage loss from the ascendancy, so it's like very meh.

It's THE summoner ascendancy, but it's poorly designed for it, it's too specific, and not strong enough. You're probably better off doing perma fortify or Occultist energy shield stuff or whatever to get max defenses and forget about scaling your damage because you can't scale it massively anyway(I mean again, other than SRS which is a massive boost and spectres to an extent). I think Weaver should probably buff all "permanent minions" instead of just spectres, so you could potentially do zombies/golems builds with it, the chaos node should be reworked to not suck as much, the aura node should be made a lot better as even with low life aura stacking it's fairly unimpressive and the 40% when you pop a corpse needs to last a lot longer and probably do more stuff. In general some of the QoL summoners need could also be rolled in the Ascendancy, like pet movespeed somewhere. Although I think rolling this in at a baseline level in pet stats would probably be better. Pets should be faster without having to invest in quality gems/requiring flesh offering.

Summoner is my favorite spec in the game(and in arpgs in general), but everytime I play it I end up getting bored because very little has changed with it in a long time, including its power level kinda stagnating. SRS was better last season with Necromancer massive spell casting, but it's also with the nerfed SRS. The damage/duration switch wasn't too bad, they do way less damage but last longer so you can move around without summoning as much, that's good, the main issue is the AI changes which made SRS retarded as fuck. It's fucking great sitting there spamming little burning skulls right in front of an exile and have them run around the exile to go hit some shit on the edge of the screen instead.

I might play Dominating Blow summoner next league though, I haven't played that shit in a while and I found it hilarious last time. I know Bloodlines suck still with Dom blow and the skill is nerfed left and right all the time, but I still think it's going to be pretty fun. I might try a frost caster first with the vortex new spell though, we'll see how annoying it is and what kind of dmg it does.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
24 challenges sound good, I think I'll jump into this one, the prophecies look interesting and the endgame lab will probably be infuriating, although a new set of helmet enchants can go fuck itself. Now, what to play ?

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I really want to know how they're going to make Scion function with the Endgame Labyrinth. 8 points doesn't let you reach 3 different ascendancies. You can get 2 ascendancies plus a Path node, but it doesn't seem right to force someone to blow 30+ Regret orbs in order to realign their spec to take advantage of it. However, if you finish the Endgame Lab at like level 85, that's what you'll have to do.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I really want to know how they're going to make Scion function with the Endgame Labyrinth. 8 points doesn't let you reach 3 different ascendancies. You can get 2 ascendancies plus a Path node, but it doesn't seem right to force someone to blow 30+ Regret orbs in order to realign their spec to take advantage of it. However, if you finish the Endgame Lab at like level 85, that's what you'll have to do.
Maybe it'll make Scion less appealing. I know they only have one ascendancy so it isn't completely fair but they were always the most played. I'm also not 100% sure the 8 points is a given. If you have to grind some T12 maps not ever toon will be doing that.

Caliane

I don't think the 2 extra ascendancy points will mean much. Likely be so end game, that its not reasonable to actually plan any build around them. Like, making a skill tree based off 120 skill points. You don't do that. you build around 90-100 points. by the time you get those 2 extra points, you will have already had to have beaten the hardest content in the game.

Slayer ascendancy shown, shows the ascendancy trees/paths have been adjusted.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Maybe it'll make Scion less appealing. I know they only have one ascendancy so it isn't completely fair but they were always the most played. I'm also not 100% sure the 8 points is a given. If you have to grind some T12 maps not ever toon will be doing that.
Yeah, but you have to do the trials only once per league, so once you do those, the endgame lab is open for all of your alts, at least as far as I understand

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah, but you have to do the trials only once per league, so once you do those, the endgame lab is open for all of your alts, at least as far as I understand
I'd have to double check the notes but I think it is only the trials you only have to do once per league. The actual lab I'm pretty sure you have to do on all your guys. How you actually unlock the end-game Lab I'm still not 100% clear on that.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
No legacys for infernal mantle / consuming / voltaxic values to 60% of current ones.
voltaxic convert 60% lightning to chaos
consuming converts 30% fire to chaos

Guess the nerf to chaos meant items only.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I wouldn't be so sure, we still haven't seen patch notes. I expect a total gutting to poison as well, because why not. New unique chest they previewed today looked pretty solid, if you're good at avoiding things

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
anyone in the top 25 runnings?

Looks like you need level 95 or so Softcore. +/- on a few. but most is right around 95.
Path of Exile Class Rank API (Alpha)

Hardcore is similar, but more like 92-93.
Path of Exile Class Rank API (Alpha)
I got a demi's and completed my full set finally, ended at level 96

rrr_img_134454.jpg

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Grats man. Can't even imagine getting that far in that playtime.

In other news this is the first time I actually played long enough to get into mapping. The game really grows on you at that stage. However, I picked an apparently shitty build for endgame because mapping at T9 gets slow and I'm squishy as hell against anything that cannot be frozen. Gonna do more research on builds before next league I guess. I'm gonna end up like 2 achievements short of the portal effect it seems, sucks to be me.

Caliane

bummer.
I really liked that gold portal effect. But yeah, way outside my scope of investment.

Caliane

well, since talking about summoners, I think I will try one next run.

not alot of guides, etc... so its going to be a WIP.
I play self found, so while heretics or alpha howl would be great, as well as Clayshaper, won't build around them.

Plan A is to focus on lit golem with a witch. Not a superfan of Necromancer, but others don't seem any better.
lit golem is going to be 4-6l.
with skels and zombies tanking it up.
dual curse, conductivity/elem weakness. 4l bbbb Frost nova?+coh+conduct/elem weakness is my plan atm. if another cold skill sounds better, let me know. Ice spear is an option.
THAT should tie in with, Elem equilibrium. AND generosity, +anger/wrath. haste or defense for 3rd, if gear allows. 3-4l b/r/r/g
So, I should be applying 2 curses with frost spell, debuffing lit resist -95%-133%(with no quality), and fire resist 75%-94%(with no qual). Pets all dealing lit and fire damage, with no cold. (Even possibly minion instability fire damage.)

Flesh offering+inc duration. 2l b/r +desecrate b 1 empty
zombie/skel on weapon/shield/etc.

lit golem itself. minion damage, conc destruction, elem focus. core i think. I am not certain on gmp/chain/fork/pierce. faster cast, spell echo or minion speed.
It has 2 spells, and a buff. the buff is not up all the time. skill effect might make it longer on me?, but not likely on allies. seems weak anyway.
Which spell is the more powerful, is a question as well. Both are pure lit spells. one is a projectile, which is casts. which, should scale with proj stuff, and fast cast. But, the second is a mini orb of storms. it drops it on the ground, and that casts a non-chaining arc. +aoe, increases its targeting range, but not damage. Dunno if I should gem for both, or focus on one.
Lit pen would buff both, so an option as well. or added chaos.

I wonder if the coh would work better with desecrate. or does that ground effect not even actually "hit".

lots of free points. I was grabbing some stuff at random there... not sure if ES, hybrid or life.
Passive Skill Tree - Path of Exile

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit

Caliane

its a good all encompassing guide to bow users.
The guide is not specific.
I actually used it for base in Pernandus league.
I went Tornado shot, pathfinder. It was very effective. My highest char yet, with 86, and garbage gear. Easy merc izaro, was doing t10 maps with no problem. and really. GARBAGE gear.
View Profile - Path of Exile - Casia

The guide actually discusses tornado, blast rain, lightning arrow. drillneck or no. poor windripper discussion iirc though.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Your profile is private. But yea I need to look at the ascendancy for rangers, I actually don't know what any of them do. There's still some time to read up on all that before the next league. Some kind of archer just looked interesting from the little bits of grouping I did.