Path of Exile

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, it took me like a month to hit 36 in perandus, the most I ever did, so there's no way i'm in the running since I have other stuff to do, but I'd be careful with choosing the least played ascendancy classes, since you probably won't be the only one looking for ez rewards. The lower half of the classes sounds a bit safer.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Friends of mine from my EQ guild are some of the top racers and they are 100% all going classes like Slayer and off the beat ascendancies for that reason.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Currency Stash Tabs are on sale, 60points. Bought one, seems pretty useful so you don't have to move all your stupid alts and shit into other tabs every few days.

Caliane

yeah. at least one currency tab I would call a must. They hold a metric fuckton of currency. more hardcore players might need 2.

in the tabs, they appear at the end of your tab list, and are just numbered like other premium tabs. you can of course rename, recolor, and move it from there.

Caliane

so hard to play anything other then pathfinder now..

went DW block frost blades pathfinder. Around level 40 decided to check out lightning strike, since I felt frostblades single target was too lacking, and I was looking to explore single target options.
Swapped entirely over almost instantly. Lightning strike is just better in pretty much all ways. higher base damage. shock from its lit damage increasing damage even more. higher elem conversion.
Even the "advantage" of frost blades range, isn't really an advantage with blasphemy curses.

Decided NOT to get phase acro. Hybrid ar/ev works so well with granite, basalt flasks.

One minor interesting note is all builds for lit and frost blades are outdated imho, with the buffed pierce, being a better choice then fork, etc.

Molten strike is the superior single target option of the quad of course. Esp with its point blank interactions. That said, ranger would need to trade, or run a quick alt to get it. (act 1 enemy at the gate)

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
check out vaal lightning strike for single target damage, should solve that issue for you.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
This flashback 2 week race has been insanely deadly, going to be a wrecking ball to the leaderboards this coming weekend with all mods online at once.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Btw there's a teaser about news coming later today. Time's a bit weird for NZ, but around 11PM EU, so ~5PM east/~2PM west, if my conversion skills aren't too rusty.

Think it's just the new league info and patch info probably. They revealed a bunch of new skills coming(2 frost spells that work together and also with Ice Nova, a new melee skills that actually works with dual wielding and it some sort of reave/cleave/double strike hybrid) and uniques, cards and what not already, but there might be more, especially in regards to Ascendencies. And obviously, balance. Expect chaos damage to be nerfed, again.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I wish they would just release a good dps minion so that you could make builds with something that isn't spectre. Raise skeletal mages plss?

Caliane

I wish they would just release a good dps minion so that you could make builds with something that isn't spectre. Raise skeletal mages plss?
are you out of date, or just ignoring some of the not obvious?

Mirror arrow/blink arrow. animated guardian. animated weapon. Raging spirits.
(totems as well, seige ballista/ancestral, not technically minions, but fits the same playstyle.)

Lit golem is intended to be damage. The others actually can do good damage if built for it.

There is skel mage jewel.
Dead Reckoning - Official Path of Exile Wiki
(I was not every impressed. wasnt really building around it though.)

Word of war.

New items buffed, or will buff as well.
clayshaper for multi golem.
that new chest for animated weapon, which ID's blue weapons automatically.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Btw there's a teaser about news coming later today. Time's a bit weird for NZ, but around 11PM EU, so ~5PM east/~2PM west, if my conversion skills aren't too rusty.

Think it's just the new league info and patch info probably. They revealed a bunch of new skills coming(2 frost spells that work together and also with Ice Nova, a new melee skills that actually works with dual wielding and it some sort of reave/cleave/double strike hybrid) and uniques, cards and what not already, but there might be more, especially in regards to Ascendencies. And obviously, balance. Expect chaos damage to be nerfed, again.
Damn thats awesome, I know their expansion is on target for early September as well. I don't think Chaos will ever be nerfed unless youre specifically talking about the double dipping interactions with certain gem types.

Down to rank 13 also on the 2 week flashback ladder, had some wild ass deaths last weekend with Beyond + Invasion + Onslaught + Anarchy mods.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
are you out of date, or just ignoring some of the not obvious?

Mirror arrow/blink arrow. animated guardian. animated weapon. Raging spirits.
(totems as well, seige ballista/ancestral, not technically minions, but fits the same playstyle.)

Lit golem is intended to be damage. The others actually can do good damage if built for it.

There is skel mage jewel.
Dead Reckoning - Official Path of Exile Wiki
(I was not every impressed. wasnt really building around it though.)

Word of war.

New items buffed, or will buff as well.
clayshaper for multi golem.
that new chest for animated weapon, which ID's blue weapons automatically.
Do people really build for skelly damage? Granted I don't play summoner a ton but they seemed to just kind of be there.

Caliane

well a typical summoner build is spectre as your primary damage. if only due to ranged projectiles.
Zombies are shields, and do decent damage as they scale. Skels act as shields early due to no need for bodies. skel totems,etc for regular builds. and are intended to be hte melee damage. But, since melee summon attacks don't really have anything like GMP, or fork or anything, they tend to fall behind anything with a projectile.
And raging spirits also outclasses skels.

As said, I am not sure how well you can build for skel mages. my alt in perd league was a firestorm elementalist. I was running zombies/skels to tank for it. I tried a dead reckoning. And it seemed weaker then not having it at all. But I was not built for it specifically.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Damn thats awesome, I know their expansion is on target for early September as well. I don't think Chaos will ever be nerfed unless youre specifically talking about the double dipping interactions with certain gem types.

Down to rank 13 also on the 2 week flashback ladder, had some wild ass deaths last weekend with Beyond + Invasion + Onslaught + Anarchy mods.
I think they will have to nerf chaos somehow. Double dipping probably sure but they need to reassess chaos unique features. Making chaos not shit was great for build viability, but by making chaos as good as other damage types, they pushed it too far, because they didn't remove the advantages chaos had over other damage types, like the fact it gives fuck all about resists(most of the time) and reflects. Mathil made a pretty good video yesterday or something about why chaos is stupid atm. Basically, if you play a build and convert your damage to chaos, you can ignore all map mods. If you play elem or phys, you have to reroll reflect in most cases and definitely have to reroll if it also rolls min max or vuln at the same time. When you don't lose any damage to use chaos and building chaos is fairly easy via conversion, it leads to a situation where there's no real reason to NOT play chaos, and that's pretty dumb. It's not even chaos abilities you're using, it's just whatever the best ability at the time is then converted to chaos.

It's a weird situation when basically every elemental build is better if you just convert your damage to chaos.

On summoner builds, summoners are pretty weak all around atm, and skelebuilds are even shittier. They do ok damage, but they're like retarded SRS/Animate Weapons really, shit's not worth building for other than gimmicky stuff, clear speed is atrocious since you have to resummon skeles constantly since they move slow as fuck and you can't call them to you/they don't teleport to you when you move too far and shit.

They did add a new summon option last patch, which was the mace unique that lets you get 1 more golem, so if you DW you can have 3 golems at the same time. It's not something you can use as your main source of damage though, but it was new in making golems a bit more part of the summoner toolkit. I think summoner need some QoL changes, hopefully next expansion. They really need to rework spectres, and if we finally get more hotkey slots that'd help summoners a decent bit. They should also remove the cooldown on Convocation and improve pet movement speed or give them charges or whatever. I think making minion instability not shit would be great too. Make the aoe bigger, make the damage more or make minions only explode on death, so it's actually a good option to pick and can maybe make builds around it. Mostly biggest issue though in terms of how the build compares to normal builds is clear speed is just a lot lower with the current scaling of damage. If they rescale monster health/player damage in the expansion though, it'd probably not matter as much. Minion builds were relatively competitive back in the days but now that everyone one shots everything on the entire screen, having to wait for your shit to reach the mobs, then hit them a few times for them to die then run to next mob and so on with no aoe potential makes it a lot slower.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Definitely not, however it means you can spend currency to increase a specific master if you only want one(although if there's a level zana to 8 challenge, those are gonna be overpriced as fuck), and it's something on top of the rotations so you can be done faster.

There's a lot of cool changes, like upgrading uniques. That Brambleshit actually looks fairly interesting upgraded(with 2000 armor, it's an ok chest and the reflect 40% physical sounds maybe nice, although I'm not too sure if it's gonna be more than a gimicky shit since it seems much safer to scale block%/dodge% and not get hit if you want to be a tank). Death's Harp with 2 projectiles sounds pretty strong, especially for something like EA potentially where you could replace LMP with something else, although not sure it'd be better than Quill Rain. It's not like great, but it's interesting.

Endgame Labyrinth sounds like a good way to rip your HC char. At the same time, it is 2ascendency point, which is a massive buff for a lot of builds, since the structure of ascendency tends to be chains of 4 nodes in a row with the 4th being the big one, so most builds go for a 4/2 build, but with 2more points you can get 2 of the juicy 4nodes. Sounds a bit shit on Scion though, I guess you get a "free" starting location jump and a skill point, but that's about it.

Chaos conversion nerfs as I kinda expected, and Ascendency balancing. Hope they do some nice stuff.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
8 ascendancy points ?! They fucking crazy, but I guess it's gonna work out and the next xpac will bring some crazy challenges.

Ryanz

<Banned>
ProphecySupporterPack.jpg

That new armour and portal mtx is pretty sick. Too bad almost everyone will be using it.