Path of Exile

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
My rare sales have pretty much dried up, unless it's one of the new bases. Cards, quality gems, uniques and twink gear are still alright.

Last edited:

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I only looked at jewels I consider affordable and that was usually 7% life + a mix of stats/resists and sometimes a dps-related mod like haste/crit. I guess it becomes worth it when you have 4 (or more? how many affixes go on jewels?) mods that matter to you. Most jewels in my price range have dead affixes like block or minion shit taking a slot or two.

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Got to 70, realized I needed to retool some of my active skills and gems and whatnot, and set about reading up a bit on that.

Question on Curse of Hit - seems really handy paired with Herald of Ice. I have a four socket boots, green green blue blue, all linked, so I thought I'd put Herald of Ice, Curse on Hit, Poachers Mark, and Assassins Mark all in it and see if it would proc both. The game doesn't let me cast either curse, so I think it supposedly fires both curses, but I'm not getting any Frenzy stacks from Poachers, only the Power stacks from assassins. Any idea why that would be? Do the gems have to be in a certain order in the sockets?

Also spent a few Chaos orbs on upgrades, and have improved defenses and offense quite a bit from doing a little work. Now to grind for 6L chest and bow...yuck. Got lucky and found a Drillneck quiver which seems pretty spectacular, so am using that. Otherwise have 4L gloves, boots, and helm, decent enough rings and amulet, am at 75% resistances in merciless (except Chaos), and do decently. Health is really low though at 2100 - am trying to shoot for passive skills to increase that.

Thanks again for the continued help!

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Keep in mind that Herald of Ice only hits when it triggers the death explosion. It's still nice, but often you wipe the pack with that explosion anyway and don't benefit from the curse. If it does not fire at all, you use another curse somewhere and maybe go over your curse limit?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Got to 70, realized I needed to retool some of my active skills and gems and whatnot, and set about reading up a bit on that.

Question on Curse of Hit - seems really handy paired with Herald of Ice. I have a four socket boots, green green blue blue, all linked, so I thought I'd put Herald of Ice, Curse on Hit, Poachers Mark, and Assassins Mark all in it and see if it would proc both. The game doesn't let me cast either curse, so I think it supposedly fires both curses, but I'm not getting any Frenzy stacks from Poachers, only the Power stacks from assassins. Any idea why that would be? Do the gems have to be in a certain order in the sockets?

Also spent a few Chaos orbs on upgrades, and have improved defenses and offense quite a bit from doing a little work. Now to grind for 6L chest and bow...yuck. Got lucky and found a Drillneck quiver which seems pretty spectacular, so am using that. Otherwise have 4L gloves, boots, and helm, decent enough rings and amulet, am at 75% resistances in merciless (except Chaos), and do decently. Health is really low though at 2100 - am trying to shoot for passive skills to increase that.

Without specific skill or items, a mob can be affected by only 1 curse. It still procs both, but it gets instantly overwritten.

Lvl up your Vorici, he gives you almost free 4sockets and 4links, on top of easy color setups. 2100 HP is what most veterans have at the end of cruel :p Really you want to double that.

• 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So at level 93 by Abyssus Lacerator has died from the chaos warband. Apparently one of them casts immortal call and procs an EK nova when you hit it, as a lacerator who attacks 7 times a second (6 waves per attack with multistrike lacerate) and a support who had vaal haste running, i popped a lot of EKs and died with the increased damage taken.

Had a good league, found 2 Shavs and made a lot of ex/chaos. It was fun but I cant think of any other builds I want to remake as so I guess Im done at least until the new skills come out.

What I left my friend with.
f1ac17683be65946bf109bfac6047a10.png

Last edited:

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
That screenshot tells me that I couldn't play without a currency tab anymore.

• 1Like

Caliane

By default, targets can only have 1 curse on them. So, its casting poachers, then assassins in that order, instantly overwriting poachers.
there is an order of operations for triggers. cast on crit, curse on hit, etc. Cast when Damage Taken Support - Official Path of Exile Wiki The order is done in chain as you would expect. top to bottom, following links. most cases this has no impact. a few, such as you stated, it does.

you can apply more then one curse, with special uniques, or the passive "Whispers of doom" each will give +1 curses.
Cospri's Will - Official Path of Exile Wiki

• 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Finally hit 90/lvl 20 gems, the ice spike back looks really dumb. Now comes the question, do I want to push for 36 and Shaper or not ? I'm thinking about rerolling something else, maybe flameblast totems or the wormblaster build that was making rounds on reddit, since I'm getting kinda bored of slamming shit. I'd need some gear upgrades to push t12+ maps, especially corrupted ones, since no regen kinda bricks me due to relying on leech so much, or maybe to 6l my warchief totem. Got a Pledge of Hands, Infernal Mantle and some other random stuff lying around ...

I have to give it to GGG, despite me whining about RNG map drops, the progress has been slow, but rather steady.

Last edited:

Caliane

nice. I was wondering yesterday how many here/in guild were pushing guardians/shaper.

Frostblade pathfinder is doing well. Mostly gated by maps actually dropping. Has done 1 t11... and no other red maps have dropped.
Alternatively, first to unlock uberlab, others have not gotten all the trials to spawn. And have 1 sac at midnight.
I'll be looking to run those two soon. first time actually going.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Casia
Lots of upgrades potentially.
Atziri's flask/taste of hate very large ones. in for sulfur, and quartz. (although, spooky ghost is fun.)
uber lab for surgeons very large. Vet bowyer would be a massive direct dps increase, but Pathfinder can hax with instant life flasks, and refilling them via crits..
6l.
Warchief or protector totem. haha. which have not dropped. I suppose I should ask for one in guild.
atm, my weapons are opposed. ToA is a solid early end game weapon. moderate crit, moderate attack speed, moderate phys...
Jeweled foils are high attack speed weapons, with crit multi. Favoring added elem, attackspeed, and crit. (The one I have is just ok as well.)
But the ToA scales with phys, hatred, etc, while the Foil is more pure added damage, speed.
So, if I did get a 6l. The ToA would scale with physical to lightning very well. While the foil would scale with added cold damage, better. cold pen/hypothermia both solid choices as well.

Heretic's veil/cospri's will combo would be very solid for this character as well. Enfeeble/elem weakness or coldsnap.

having not run atziri or uber before, kindof stalling to get a couple levels to easy mode it a bit more.
next level goes into acuity atm. I noticed my acc dropped to 81% a few levels ago, so started grabbing those nodes, to shore it back up to 87% atm.
After that, armor/eva/life is the plan. would be 91 for all 4 of those. uber and atziri are underlevel.. so, respecing out of acuity, and grabbing these first might make sense as well.
93=+1 frenzy
95=+1 jewel.
100= fatal blade or revenge of the hunted. (not happening.)

In general, frostblades is very solid these days. its single target is not amazing. But made worse by people building it wrong.. Build it melee. My build focuses on general stuff. attack speed, elem damage, crit. its working well. Atm, in gear above, 40-50k single target dps buffed. not amazing, but I have alot of upgrade potential still. atziri/taste will push 60-70k. 6l-75-90k, protector-85-100k.
Reflect means nothing to her. sapph flask/taste just takes this a step further.
fairly tanky, stacking many defenses. Enfeeble, 3 end cry, fortify on frostblades(much better then whirling.), decoy totem, Granite flask(rumis for 61%block, 17%spell block iirc. 10k armor without molten shell, 6k eva, 11%dodge/spell dodge atm with quartz.) elem status immune, 8% elem dr.
life is low at 4k even.

Last edited:

Caliane

someone threw a couple atziri flasks in guild. grabbed one, thank you.
Also, was a warchief in there too. Im not certain if warchief or protector is best for me. need to get protector, and see. The speed might be. Due to elemental damage, and pathfinder charges on crit. faster=more flasks charges. atm. 9.2 a/s.

Edit: ran breaking some eggs quick on a duelist for protector.

and, it seems stronger for me. tooltip says 60k dps, vs 54kdps from warchief.

Last edited:

Ryanz

<Banned>
I never quite understood why it's considered a scam for a certain payout. What's the threshold for considering it a scam? Isn't it the person willingly betting into the lotto's own fault if it's a shitty deal? Not trying to take a side one way or another, just curious.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In general, a lot of viewers are willing to give shit to streamers and its unethical for streamers to accept free gifts as it gives them a big advantage over the rest of the playerbase. To make it fair a lottos payout is based on the cost of a 6L, the payout should be in the ballpark of the value added of the 6L.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
So if I'm understanding this right, you give this person fusings and if the host of the lotto gets 6L with your batch of fusing, he'll pay you the payout? It's a scam through and through because the host of the lottery always wins.

khalid

Unelected Mod
he understands its a scam and understands hes just getting handouts, sure, whatever, but he then tries to justify that its a fair payout.

Exactly. He is essentially being given a 6link almost for free from his viewers. Which is fine, if you are cool taking handouts. Hell, I'm cool with open rmt. Just don't pretend it isn't a handout.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Exactly. He is essentially being given a 6link almost for free from his viewers. Which is fine, if you are cool taking handouts. Hell, I'm cool with open rmt. Just don't pretend it isn't a handout.
That's lame, and if he plays on hardcore I hope he dies soon.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I never quite understood why it's considered a scam for a certain payout.

The worth of a generic 6link is hard to pin down, but a lottery like this is essentially someone paying for the fusings directly in theory.

Vorici is 1500, which by the developers comments is slightly more than expensive than the average. So let's assume expected is 1200, about 270 chaos on hardcore.

So this is him buying it for around 20%, on poe.trade that would be about 430 chaos.

Now I think auctions are amusing for some, so maybe that has some value. However, it also saves you from bad luck. Anyway, its clearly a handout to him from his viewers when you are approaching a 90% savings if you wanted to do it yourself.