Path of Exile

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sounds good to me, I like totem builds. How serious is that nerf to Ancestral Warchief?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

what do you mean no blade vortex nerf? BV was put into the ground.

Instead of separate hits for each active blade
This alone practically kills it. no longer 20 hit/s for leech and charges.

It now hits ONCE every .6s. but then yes, faster with more casts. And 30% less damage, with 30% more per blade. Its like a periodic aoe nova now.

Golem buffs are odd. did chuckle at the totem buffs. but those are the totem passives mostly, which suck and no one takes.

Wonder if golem necro or elem is viable now.

Drunkfinder wrecked.
Flask Charge Generation on Critical Strike:
  • A character can now only receive one flask charge per Critical Strike every 200ms. This is shared across all flasks.
  • The Harvest and Master Surgeon now follow this rule. Instead of giving a charge to each of your flasks, they will only grant it to one.
  • The Master Surgeon Node now has 100% chance to trigger (up from 15%) to help compensate for this change.

Raider buffs.
are ok. not amazing. 100% onslaught effect is much better. but still just stats. frenzy on rare/unique HIT is thank god. that is ascendancy changing.

Raider Ascendancy Changes:
  • Avatar of the Veil's elemental damage has been increased to 40%.
  • Avatar of the Chase's increase to Onslaught effect has been increased to 100%.
  • Way of the Poacher now has a 20% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill or on hitting a rare or unique enemy.
  • Rapid Assault now has a 100% chance to gain Onslaught on kill.
  • Quartz Infusion now has a 100% chance to gain Phasing on kill.
  • The minor Ascendancy skills leading up to Avatar of the Chase now grant 20% increased Onslaught duration, instead of 5% attack speed.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh yeah ok I read it as Blade Flurry changes, was a bit wondering why there were 2 Blade Flurry sections but didn't pay too much attention. Nvm BV then.

On golem stuff, I think fire golem build was already "viable" before, just kinda meh cause weird setup and typical minion issues and what not, but 200% boost is quite a lot, especially since it's base damage, so it'll scale very high with minion damage modifiers in the skill tree/necro. Definitely think it'll be good now. It is however super fucking boring. Plays like spectres really, so zzz.

Caliane

yeah. rumi nerf, and no vinktar nerf. bizarre.
no Scion buff.

Raider flicker should be the surprise new hotness.

Caliane

My plan A was probably a Shield charge Scion. Shieldcharge got alot of buzz when it was reworked, but everyone forgot about it.
Facebreakers nerfed. but, honestly was planning to go weapon based, not unarmed anyway. I don't think shield charges aoe is effected by weapon range is it?

Golem buffs are intriguing. I DO think Raiderflicker will be strong as hell, and fun. But do already have an 85+ flicker raider on standard. not going to make another.
Cyclone range buff via weapon range is intriguing. never did make a cycloner.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Was going to do SRS, SRS seems buffed. So outside of them straight up lying about the SRS's doing more damage individually, I'm happy.

Not sure if self-cast or totem SRS will be better though. Will be pretty similar trees anyway.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
What are "multiplicative skill duration modifiers"? I thought they were all additive, which ones are multiplicative?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Was going to do SRS, SRS seems buffed. So outside of them straight up lying about the SRS's doing more damage individually, I'm happy.

Not sure if self-cast or totem SRS will be better though. Will be pretty similar trees anyway.

Yeah probably gonna go SRS after those changes; shouldn't really need any cast speed from the tree, could probably drop Spell Echo as well. Mistress of Sac should be enough to get 20 quickly.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blade Vortex wasnt really nerfed. It was changed to make leeching, etc, off of it less powerful but the damage is still very similiar all the way through

R8voejB.png

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It will also be easier to deal with things that trigger on hit like lightning thorns, etc.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
A bunch of stuff is kinda confusing. No real ES nerf, no blade vortex nerf, only 10% buff on scorching sounds kinda poop, no idea where blade flurry ends after all the changes. Bunch of summon buffs but not sure why, or why these buffs, like giving spectres resist.

Mathil was already playing a scorching char at the end of essence and clearing everything with pretty good damage, i'd say a 10% buff is more than adequate.

As for patch notes:
  • The "of Stasis" mod that previously prevented player life and mana regeneration will now also prevent energy shield regeneration. Existing versions of the mod will continue to prevent only life and mana regeneration.
Wat? This seems like a retarded change although I guess it's their way of replacing blood magic on maps. Still seems stupid to me to have map mods that are mandatory rerolls for certain builds tho.

• Many monsters in end-game maps have been rebalanced, fixing cases where they did too little damage.
Wonder how much damage increase this is gonna turn out to be.

No problem with any of the uniques nerfs.

Blight is still going to be worthless, no idea how the blade vortex changes will afffect it, blade flurry still probably going to be the meta this league.

Flask Charge Generation on Critical Strike:
  • A character can now only receive one flask charge per Critical Strike every 200ms. This is shared across all flasks.
  • The Harvest and Master Surgeon now follow this rule. Instead of giving a charge to each of your flasks, they will only grant it to one.
  • The Master Surgeon Node now has 100% chance to trigger (up from 15%) to help compensate for this change.
Seems like a huge nerf to me... Maybe i'm wrong and it won't be that bad.

Still probably going to roll my raider wild strike first and i'll probably do another triple golem elementalist altho maybe not with discharge this time, not sure. I might try to recreate the glory days of dual spork totems with the totem buffs.

Thank god for no more finding crap tier 1 essences in maps.

Last edited:

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Im excited to see some Raider Flicker Strike builds. Finally an Ascendancy that makes a real build for it viable.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I dunno, I don't see how raider will be much better than trickster/assassin are for it right now other than slight QoL benefits and a tad more freedom with gear and passives. My CI assassin flicker was going pretty well, especially considering he was still in fairly trash gear when I started my next char. Trickster seemed easier to play with the 0 mana cost ascendency point since one of my biggest headaches were when I didn't get enough mana back from a flicker to do it again but that didn't happen too often and probably would've happened even less often as my gear got better.

The worst case scenarios were I'd run out of frenzy charges on a boss and have to hit him with my 4L frenzy a couple times then continue flicking but I had frenzy on a janky 4link, if I had a 6linked 2hander it would've probably been my 100% go-to boss killer for anything that didn't spawn a bunch of adds like jungle valley.

Most of the raider ascendencies do nothing for flicker unless you're doing ele flicker (which would probably be oro flicker... which as far as i can tell doesn't need the frenzy charges on hit ascendancy to work...). Onslaught and phasing are wastes since you're blinking around at mach 3 already and probably won't need any extra attack speed unless you wanted to do something silly like flicker strike with a maul or something.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Well even if they buff them I think you'll lose "some" damage on flat auras like wrath and anger(mostly anger, don't think ppl ran wrath much) since 20entities with the same flat dmg versus 50 isn't quite the same, but the fact you can probably drop echo and slap some other shit on that instead and the fact you should be able to maintain a higher proportional amount of damage for general map clear(running around with ~10SRS is going to be way stronger than it was before) should easily compensate. Should be pretty good, also should help potentially help the AI a bit more.

Caliane

I dunno, I don't see how raider will be much better than trickster/assassin are for it right now other than slight QoL benefits and a tad more freedom with gear and passives. My CI assassin flicker was going pretty well, especially considering he was still in fairly trash gear when I started my next char. Trickster seemed easier to play with the 0 mana cost ascendency point since one of my biggest headaches were when I didn't get enough mana back from a flicker to do it again but that didn't happen too often and probably would've happened even less often as my gear got better.

The worst case scenarios were I'd run out of frenzy charges on a boss and have to hit him with my 4L frenzy a couple times then continue flicking but I had frenzy on a janky 4link, if I had a 6linked 2hander it would've probably been my 100% go-to boss killer for anything that didn't spawn a bunch of adds like jungle valley.

Most of the raider ascendencies do nothing for flicker unless you're doing ele flicker (which would probably be oro flicker... which as far as i can tell doesn't need the frenzy charges on hit ascendancy to work...). Onslaught and phasing are wastes since you're blinking around at mach 3 already and probably won't need any extra attack speed unless you wanted to do something silly like flicker strike with a maul or something.
you do get hit blinking around at mach 3. phasing+immune to elem status, and dodge/spell dodge is still very valuable with flicker. yes, attackspeed/onslaught is not.
yes its "easy to 4l frenzy on gloves." especially with 20-16% MORE attack speed. But swapping is still a dps loss. And, the time to burn through 9-11 frenzy charges with 20% on hit is pretty huge. easily a 50-60% dps increase vs bosses/rares.
Its like one of the hidden benefits of frostblades no one talks about. hurr durr tooltip dps of 110k. yeah, well I can attack anything on screen from 25range. Thats 1 or 2 whirlingblade casts. Frostblades spends 30-50% less time whirling blades in and out, and dodging, instead that time is spent attacking, then other melee skills.

Its not THE fix I wanted for raider. But, does give raider strong flicker strike ability. honestly, only flicker... maybe phaserun.

I've said it before. but it annoys me Ranger has no trap ascenancy. or ally for seigeballista/RAT, or blink/MA.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Frostblades is gonna be pretty good with the weapon range increase and name lock buffs, since it'll pick targets pretty easily.

Caliane

yeah. it was already solid honestly. Like I had said, was already running it in 2.4. I was very satisfied with it, and it ended up my strongest build to date. I would recommend it to anyone. And definitely over wildstrike, etc. FB is top tier melee. Largely overlooked, mostly because everyone seems to build it wrong for some reason. (ignore the projectiles)

Small range increase will possibly push it Fully out of melee range. Like, with knockback flasks and FB range, 95% of melee attackers, could not hit me back. only Voll/dominus smash could. Another +5 range might be enough even THEY can be attacked from out of range.
It was a pain before multistrike. but there is no reason to not be running MS with it either.. so the name lock doesn't mean much in practice.

I would still go pathfinder over raider for it.
Will I drop master surgeon for vet bowyer? dunno. Maybe.
Probably not. Would need bleed flasks. and 10% of phsy as elem wouldnt mean much, given most of my damage is from flat elem. The pen is decent, but just adding into the other sources of pen, so actually not as huge as it normally is. (8% cold, 5% all in passive, 5% belt, -20% cold from cwdt+frostbomb)
Master surgeon nerf is pretty brutal though. kills my reliance on instant life flasks. And attackspeed/crit for refilling.

I did also eat the Rumi's nerf..

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well it's still like one hit every 3hits that could miss due to name locking, but now it should stick. Won't be a massive increase but should feel better to play I think.

Based on reddit stuff, it seems SRS/Blade Flurry/Flameblast(totems mostly) gear is going to be super expensive. Searing Touch especially is going to be valuable as fuck probably since it's usable by SRS, Flameblast AND Scorching Ray(and Mathil made a video about it saying Searing Touch was good enough to get your started so...).

I didn't end up playing essence but I believe there's some essences that make +gem weapons easier to craft though, so might not be that bad.