Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
1 or 2 days before usually. They'll probably say soon when exactly the notes will be hitting.

Btw one cool thing they've shown, you can force open breaches with a white gem that drops in the league, and you can make use of Breach only modifiers(like double the effects of everything on this item while inside a breach) to take advantage of it. There doesn't seem to be any other point to it(although I guess if you use a build that makes use of additional bodies to stack damage on a boss, opening a breach would give you those bodies, but so would worm shit) but it's pretty interesting.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Life and more life.

I don't like Evasion, and really don't like Raider. not sure why anyone would go raider with pathfinder existing.

Raider is awesome IMO. I think my life was around 4200 with like 50% chance to evade and then all the dodge/spell dodge from ascendency and acro/phase acro, almost constant phasing for ele status immunity, and permanent onslaught. The character could clear basically any map I did through t13s (never got a t14 or t15 drop), capped res in ele weakness maps along with 74% chaos res.

I think the main reason I couldn't go uber lab is because you can't take your vaal skills (2x vaal grace) into the fights. Definitely had a bit of room for improvement on my gear and a cospri's would've saved me about 10 passives to get whispers of doom. The only 2 map mods I didn't like were hexproof (cause no cospri) and ele reflect because i'd kill myself on large packs, small packs reflect wasn't an issue. Probably wouldn't have done blood magic either since i'd lose a ton of dps from no auras but I almost never get blood magic on maps these days anyways.

This was the passive tree I had on her at lvl 87. Was using blasphemy > poachers + assasins and HoI + HoT.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I know when I played phase acro Reaver Raider I had problems with higher end content as well. I doubt I'd ever roll another eva based melee toon anytime soon. Though like you said not having access to Vaal skills is kind of the problem since you should be running Vaal Reave with my build.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They really need to add a channeling skill that is cold based. I'd love to try a cast when channeled with all ice abilities.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I want to hit 36, but that's what I wanted to do in Essence too, yet got bored at like 26, so we shall see.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The rewards don't thrill me this time, gonna end up somewhere in the 20s I guess. I only got 24 in Essence despite liking the portal effect, but I had other games to play and figured I can only use one portal anyway and have a few nice ones.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Haven't played since Perandus, thinking about occultist witch this time. Assuming decay doesn't get completely gutted, will that still be viable for uber lab and breach stuff? Either chaos vortex or essence drain I guess.

Vorph

Yeah, I think so, if that's the essence. One of the videos I watched about 2.5 starter builds said that the thing to watch for in the patch notes was whether Decay just had its damage dropped to like 5k, which would still be ok, or if they completely change the mechanic, which would probably ruin the build. If BV gets nerfed into the ground, I'd either switch to essence drain, or go with flameblast elementalist instead.

Last edited:

Caliane

yeah, they just said its damage will be reduced. but not by how much.
There is also the question of Ess and corruption frequency, changes. who knows what the price of ess of Delirium will even be due to availability.

I wouldn't really be thinking starter build for it.

Vorph

Hmm, well I need something that can be converted into a real build. I can't stand leveling in PoE, it always takes me like 2-3x as long as what other people call "fast" because I lose focus slogging through three difficulties of the same stuff. So I never make more than one character per league.

I guess I'll just start as witch, level with firestorm, and figure out what I want to stick with eventually.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You really don't need delirium for an ED build. I was playing one towards the end of essence, got her to 81 or 82, was using a consuming dark and divinarius but I was really tempted to drop the consuming dark for a second divinarius or something with better spell damage rolls and some cast speed/attack speed. I really didn't notice any significant dps upgrade from the poisons up through t9 bosses (didn't get any t10 maps this league, didn't play much this league tho and I don't think I like the atlas system TBH, progressing through maps was retarded).

Vorph

Yeah, ED was the backup plan if BV gets massively nerfed. Maybe start as ED if it's cheaper and then switch to BV? The video I watched said the two trees were very similar.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
The damage increase from Wither stacks is multiplicative with all other modifiers, right? So 20 wither stacks means you do 2.4x chaos damage? Currently theorycrafting a Scion ED build for HC that's both incredibly tanky and uses Hierophant in order to drop double Wither totems and maintain 20 stacks against bosses.

Caliane

I would expect it to be additive with other debuffs. Multiplicative with buffs.
Should add with Vulnerability vs Damage over time.
Singularity. And other "take increased damage" debuffs.

7% per, 20 stacks, would be +140% damage. or x2.4

yes. lots of Shaper kills all dropping wither totems.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These totem buffs confuse me. Totems need to be getting weaker not stronger.

Guess its confirmed this will be the flameblast totem league.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
A bunch of stuff is kinda confusing. No real ES nerf, no blade vortex nerf, only 10% buff on scorching sounds kinda poop, no idea where blade flurry ends after all the changes. Bunch of summon buffs but not sure why, or why these buffs, like giving spectres resist.

Tempted to do something like fire golem summoner with the massive damage buff on them though. Like dual wielding these stupid maces for 3golems, not sure it's worth going elementalist while losing necro stuff though. Raider looks a lot better, Onslaught duration increase and generating frenzy charges on hit on bosses sounds like good stuff to make the class less shit at boss fights.