Path of Exile

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
We'll most likely get the patch notes 2 days before release like always and the JSON at the same time as well. I have no Fing idea what to play for 3.0, like Kiroy said elemental conversion for melee builds is OP right now but still not sure =/

Thinking I might even start FB totems and transition into something else?

fuuu finally hit 90 and i'm done till 3.0.

the 3.0 meta is looking like a shitshow though, no idea what I'm gonna try to do.

Thinking I may go heirophant to farm some currency and move on, kinda like you. maybe arc? no idea jesus. something crit / lightning probably.

Caliane

new stormball thing might be good.

frostblade inquis probably will be.

Im eyeing glacial cascade elementalist, flickerstrike again, or charged dash raider, atm.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
SRS still looking good for 3.0, barring any last-minute changes? I've debated playing it a few times in the past but never actually got around to it.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wish they had more flickerstrike-like abilities, some real "jesus take the wheel" kind of builds. Tried zombies last season and enjoyed it till near end game when the AI pretty much butt fucks you on things like Izaro due to have to dodge room wide aoe's and your zombies constantly pulling off, might do traps for 3.0 as haven't done one of those builds yet and they have that new chest piece coming out.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
SRS still looking good for 3.0, barring any last-minute changes? I've debated playing it a few times in the past but never actually got around to it.

There is a Baron SRS build floating around that I was gonna roll for my league starter(barring any changes in the patch). Large life, SRS will scale with the +phys you get from taking a bunch of strength nodes, and the Baron helm is fairly common. It'll probably go for a bit initially as there is a lot of interest in the build but you don't really need the helm until level 60 or so. Once you get normal lab done SRS feels a lot better, kinda shitty before then though.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm thinking doomfletch raider with either tornado or shrapnel shot. Or a wild strike berserker. I know the obvious choice there is to dual wield doryani catalysts, but I was hoping there is a 2H version that would come close so I could wear Kaoms. Maybe Terminus Est? Or Atziris Disfavor?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
There is a Baron SRS build floating around that I was gonna roll for my league starter(barring any changes in the patch). Large life, SRS will scale with the +phys you get from taking a bunch of strength nodes, and the Baron helm is fairly common. It'll probably go for a bit initially as there is a lot of interest in the build but you don't really need the helm until level 60 or so. Once you get normal lab done SRS feels a lot better, kinda shitty before then though.

I have barron srs on beta. Its good but im not the biggest srs fan.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think I want to play something that smacks mobs around, so I'm looking at ice crash, sunder or wild strike

Guess good ol' jugg EQ doesn't cut it these days ? Especially with the nerf to poison, which was the only way to really clear endgame.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I have barron srs on beta. Its good but im not the biggest srs fan.

This league I mainly played SRS with tons of aura support through reserving life away (first time I had to buy a Shav). Any idea how the baron version compares to that on survival and damage/clearspeed?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm thinking doomfletch raider with either tornado or shrapnel shot. Or a wild strike berserker. I know the obvious choice there is to dual wield doryani catalysts, but I was hoping there is a 2H version that would come close so I could wear Kaoms. Maybe Terminus Est? Or Atziris Disfavor?

Doomfletch inquis is still very OP, anything converting physical to elemental is going to really shine this meta. One of my guildies wrote a guide on the forums under Fyndel or his account name AlexLulz if you want a really good one.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
If I wanted to do a life-based caster build in 3.0, what armor would I use? Every caster build wants like 4-6 blue sockets and that's just not reasonable to get on gear without energy shield.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Skin of the loyal ?
Fire based builds will still want infernal mantle. I think you will simply sacrifice the chest for the build anyway, you won't run around with zero ES either, it will be a mix of both.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
fuuu finally hit 90 and i'm done till 3.0.

the 3.0 meta is looking like a shitshow though, no idea what I'm gonna try to do.

Thinking I may go heirophant to farm some currency and move on, kinda like you. maybe arc? no idea jesus. something crit / lightning probably.

The god of Arc is streaming right now, hes the dude I copied last league -

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ryanz

<Banned>
I was thinking of going ball lightning, but I might as well go with the new lightning skill since it looks like a better version. Was also thinking of trying Iceshot again, but bow builds are so fucking boring. One hand sunder with shield would probably be a good starter build. Decisions decisions. Sucks that I probably won't have enough time the 2 days before release to flesh out a build, but I guess it doesn't matter too much since I'll be on vacation for the week after.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I did not play in the beta, but I was thinking of rolling a necro build when 3.0 releases. If anyone knows, how did they perform? Mainly want to use zombies/spectres/golem for DPS, maybe SRS as backup.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did not play in the beta, but I was thinking of rolling a necro build when 3.0 releases. If anyone knows, how did they perform? Mainly want to use zombies/spectres/golem for DPS, maybe SRS as backup.

Golemancer can do all content in the game unless something changes. Not sure about skeletons or zombies, but I know animated weapon was broken this league.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I honestly don't know a single thing about Summoners or their gear, not sure if its a starter or not. I keep seeing a lot of streamers using SRS, maybe its something you transition into like some melee or spells? no clue though.

I'm thinking I might start as BV and go into nova EK but then I wont be able to kill bosses probably. Still going to wait until the beta 4 update today to see what changes they announce.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Doesn't Golemancer need a bunch of expensive jewels to get it online? Sounds like a poor choice for a league starter.