Path of Exile

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn RIP assassin, vinktars, and flask node on tree. So many changes with this wave 4.....

Trickster looks amazing now though, might go RF starter

Ryanz

<Banned>
LOL GGG going full retard with this change:

New changes to shock, chill, frenzy, and power charges

Q1tPvqj.jpg

jamn52gd5acz.png

7gIe5Jz.jpg

PoE reddit going crazy. Seems like GGG getting a little sloppy with their changes.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The frenzy change seems fine, they can just change the ascendency instead. Point is to more define charges to specific builds rather than have them work with everything, I guess. Could argue that's bad, but eh. They could also make it affect trap cooldown or whatever.

The shock complaint is retarded. If you hit a mob for 50%, it doesn't fucking matter if you're shocking or not in the first place, and the old or new shock make absolutely no difference. That's just the max value they chose to scale the effect. Mind you it's still probably a nerf if you attacked fast enough, since before say you'd get a 10% hit, you'd apply the full power of shock for a short duration, but if you hit the target fast enough(like say sparks or ball lightning) you'd get full benefit, while now you'd get a lot less damage increase, but on the other hand it lasts a full 4seconds so if you're using slower abilities(arc, shock nova, that melee earthquake-like lightning thing with a 2H) you can still get good value out of it.

Edit: Actually the charge change sounds stupid, it breaks too many things and seems not really needed to restrict charges per build type anyway. Also Power Syphon probably worst skill in the game after the change.

Last edited:

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Charge changes are dumb unless they do some damage control through ascendancies, however the ailment changes are really good and make it interesting to run a single element, instead of the classic trifecta+EE.

Overall these are the changes I have been waiting for to shake up the meta, but obviously reddit will go apeshit over anything. However I feel like they won't get it tuned properly in time, so we will end up with some very broken builds for the next league, but Christmas league should be worth it :D

Showerthought - this is a buff for the players for fights where you have to dodge a lot while sporadically attacking, isntead of facetanking and burning through the boss with all the CDs. Or wait those things still don't work on bosses ?

Also is there a way to drop a trap and then go smash some enemies for the buffs ? I guess you are just better off running bloodrage tho ...

Last edited:

Caliane

Power charge is buffed for spells at least though.
4% more spell damage. The crit was shit previously. PC was the worst charge by far.

But, what they should do is:
Revert frenzy change.

Make power charges:
50% crit. .5% life regen

Life regen while seemingly shit. Would mesh with ZO well. and, is a Trapper/mine sore spot. given no leech. So would also mesh with pc on trap/mine passive.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good god reddit exploded overnight lol, holy shit at some of the stuff being found out.

I was wrong when I said shock wouldn't be nerfed.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually like the changes to shock. Before I felt like shock was all or nothing. If you could hit something to shock it long enough, you could kill it in 1-2 hits, and if you couldn't, you couldn't shock it at all or it'd roll off after its base .3 seconds. I like the charge changes but only if they rebalance all skills/uniques that ended up getting nerfed indirectly.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I was thinking of going ball lightning, but I might as well go with the new lightning skill since it looks like a better version. Was also thinking of trying Iceshot again, but bow builds are so fucking boring. One hand sunder with shield would probably be a good starter build. Decisions decisions. Sucks that I probably won't have enough time the 2 days before release to flesh out a build, but I guess it doesn't matter too much since I'll be on vacation for the week after.

I dont think u can ever go wrong with 1h Sunder / shield, especially with the new shield mods.

New league looks fun.

Lol at reddit. What a shitshow. Ggg was very clear from the start the goal was to slow everything back down.

Caliane

but that made sense for fast small hits.

Cast spark, ball lightning, orb of storms, or any other number of fast, but low damage lightning spells. you hit for 6%, and apply the shock. sure, it might only last .3s, but that doesnt matter, because you are casting more then once per .3s... so the shock stays up. higher crit ensures that cast speed matters.
new version. lasts for 4s. and... gives you 6% shock... at best, or not at all, because its low raw damage, high rate of cast. While the slow heavy hitting stormcall, etc lasts for 4s, and also gives you the 50% shock or whatever%.

new version doesnt scale with cast speed, and that is stupid.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dont think u can ever go wrong with 1h Sunder / shield, especially with the new shield mods.

New league looks fun.

Lol at reddit. What a shitshow. Ggg was very clear from the start the goal was to slow everything back down.

I was messing around with sunder on PoB and saw it has a hidden AoE tag for the explosions that it triggers, that's pretty wild and good for damage. I am going to play around more with Pathfinder and Sunder today and maybe even ED Trix.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I was messing around with sunder on PoB and saw it has a hidden AoE tag for the explosions that it triggers, that's pretty wild and good for damage. I am going to play around more with Pathfinder and Sunder today and maybe even ED Trix.

Gladiator sunder shields for max block, max spellblock and bleedsploison. That builds clear speed doesnt seem like its getting nerfed much. Always was a little slow bosskiller though.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
well.. I mean its not hidden? Says aoe right on it.

In PoB and I might be clueless I used the option to check the secondary wave. I had no idea that it worked on both kind of like the gladiator explosions in their ascendancy.

Kiroy Kiroy I guess im going to try elemental converting it with Pathfinder but one of my buddies im playing with is going to do that version you mentioned.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm fine with the frenzy changes. They should be an attackers tool, and buffing power charges as a result of this is the right call. But I am curious as to why they gave dual charge generation to tricksters(they needed a buff for sure I just don't think this is the right one). I guess cast on crit builds will be tricksters now? Can't think off the top of my head a build that will use both charges outside of that.

I'm fine with the flask nerfs. The status ailments nerf is going to make it rough for those that don't specialize in ailments. Vaal lightning trap is going to be affected the most. Most non-elemental builds use vaal lightning trap for bosses.

To be honest I'm happy with most of the nerfs. I just played a few days of D3 Necromancer(needed a break from PoE so I don't burn out before 3.0), and I'm over 700 paragon, with a few BiS pieces, almost full ancients, and solo'd GR76 with about 9 minutes left. The power creep is real. In fact, solo necromancer greater rift time is only 4 levels lower than the 4-man. I am critting in the 10s of TRILLIONS. It's dumb. I hate it. (necromancer though I thought was a well made class).
Path of Exile I hope never goes this way, and these nerfs just confirm that.

Also, time to get rich in standard. A lot of new legacy uniques will most likely happen. Buy all the flasks! Especially Wise Oaks, Vinktars, and Granites Roar. Dying sun too but I don't think the nerf will affect the value as much as the others since people mainly use it for the extra projectiles.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Any attack build that used crit would likely have used power charges too. I was planning on going blasphemy assassins mark for my wild strike berserker, not sure it's worth it anymore. Might just do blasphemy elemental weakness instead.