Path of Exile

Caliane

the frenzy changes really fucks over traps and mines as the forums are freaking out over.
And power charge changes fucks over wanders.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really don't know if I'm liking the whole philosophy of slowing the game down. I think if they wanted to slow the game down they should've focused on making hardcore more popular and playable again. That's where things are supposed to be slowed down. Softcore has always been the place for meme builds. Oh well, I haven't been following much so I don't know what current meta is like but we shall see in Aug

Ryanz

<Banned>
I think if the game was initially built to be slow and that's what the players wanted then that's fine. Trying to slow down the game now, when 80% of it's lifetime has been about making a fast paced build that cranks out exp per hour and grinds toward 100 and attempting to slow it back down is just going to upset players and inevitably be a bad business decision when those players leave.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think the power charge thing will affect non-life wanders as much, because the increased spell power per charge will synergize well with Crown of Eyes. Also, although the nerf is big it's not like power charges don't affect attacks at *all*.

I do agree if they slow down the game too much it's going to suck. But there needs to be a fine balance between slow pace and this:

Edit: Also since this is the last weekend for Legacy, if anyone needs help with some last minute achievement/map clears I'm game. I can do pretty much everything in the game consistently except uber atziri because melee life sucks.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think if the game was initially built to be slow and that's what the players wanted then that's fine. Trying to slow down the game now, when 80% of it's lifetime has been about making a fast paced build that cranks out exp per hour and grinds toward 100 and attempting to slow it back down is just going to upset players and inevitably be a bad business decision when those players leave.

Exactly. If they were mad about their content getting crushed, put in harder content. If that gets crushed, then keep sliding that scale. ARPGs are supposed to be super fast paced. I've never played one that was slow for more than 10 minutes. I hope my fears are unwarranted but I got a bad feeling.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Exactly. If they were mad about their content getting crushed, put in harder content. If that gets crushed, then keep sliding that scale. ARPGs are supposed to be super fast paced. I've never played one that was slow for more than 10 minutes. I hope my fears are unwarranted but I got a bad feeling.
That isn't the problem in my opinion, the problem is that the "perfect" way to play is to chain spam shaped strands with a build that is kinda shit for anything else. and ignore any drops bellow like chaos, which is a very narrow part of the game. Personally running the same map more than three times in a row makes me wanna kill myself. Besides, they slowed down clear speed, not movement speed. The recent multi mod leagues have been awesome by making you switch things up in the endgame, I hope they bring in some of that.

I'd like to shove 4 maps into the device and run all 4 of them in a row with a death making me lose them or a similar challenge mode, and just shower me with loot at the end.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That isn't the problem in my opinion, the problem is that the "perfect" way to play is to chain spam shaped strands with a build that is kinda shit for anything else. and ignore any drops bellow like chaos, which is a very narrow part of the game. Personally running the same map more than three times in a row makes me wanna kill myself. Besides, they slowed down clear speed, not movement speed. The recent multi mod leagues have been awesome by making you switch things up in the endgame, I hope they bring in some of that.

I'd like to shove 4 maps into the device and run all 4 of them in a row with a death making me lose them or a similar challenge mode, and just shower me with loot at the end.

But can't that be fixed by altering drop rates in different content? I like that idea about the chaining maps thing, that would be fucking cool.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Why won't these cock suckers put in auto loot? There's more tiny shit to click on this league and I'm not getting any fucking younger here.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Frenzy charges are good for phase run, no? Basically works like a vanish against mobs in my testing and more phase run is fastest clear time.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Auto loot makes botting easier. Granted you're still going to get bots here and there, but it makes it harder for them.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Auto loot makes botting easier. Granted you're still going to get bots here and there, but it makes it harder for them.
Does it? I mean I'm sure the bots can parse the loot efficiently anyway. Hell they could just have an item filter that only shows currency/unique and just loot these. You could even code that using pixel recognition garbage like it's the 90s again, so I'm not sure it makes botting any easier. Currency looting definitely sucks, it's part of the game and stuff but there's a lot of it to constantly be clicking. Autoloot on it would probably be fine, leave the rest to manual loot and you're good I think.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Does it? I mean I'm sure the bots can parse the loot efficiently anyway. Hell they could just have an item filter that only shows currency/unique and just loot these. You could even code that using pixel recognition garbage like it's the 90s again, so I'm not sure it makes botting any easier. Currency looting definitely sucks, it's part of the game and stuff but there's a lot of it to constantly be clicking. Autoloot on it would probably be fine, leave the rest to manual loot and you're good I think.
D3 style picking up the same currency on the whole screen with a single click is all that's necessary. The only way they might want to avoid it is because PoE never had duping problems, so who knows how is loot coded on the backend.

They definitely tweak drop rates, GGG even said so years ago that they just don't say it publicly, since people would flip their shit, however all it really does is that people math it out due to trading.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
That isn't the problem in my opinion, the problem is that the "perfect" way to play is to chain spam shaped strands with a build that is kinda shit for anything else. and ignore any drops bellow like chaos, which is a very narrow part of the game.

I don't know how to fix it but hands down my biggest gripe about the game is how fucked the risk vs reward is. I wish skill was rewarded by profit in some manner but these days it really feels like just zoning the fuck out and slamming easy maps x100 is the best way to farm.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
My problem with maps is that a majority of the hard mods are not worth it. Like crit damage paired with monsters to xxx additional elemental damage. That doesn't even give you pack size! Also, with flasks being nerfed to hell, can we have our anti-curse flasks affect map curses? Also why doesn't the shitty map layouts have the best div card drops? Like what if cells dropped The Fiend? Might not be enough to get people to run it since I hate that map, but logically you'd think the less efficient map layouts would have the better potential drops. Speaking of better potential drops, tier 15+ needs more better potential drops(like how skyforth can only naturally drop from ilvl 84).

Ryanz

<Banned>
Really wish they would release the details for the new skills so I can start making my lightning build.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Mapping definately needs to be changed so this isn't an option. There are a few fairly easy options that could be combined to solve this.

Randomize the atlas and don't allow people to 'un-complete' completed maps
Diminishing returns on loot/exp when chaining the same maps over and over
global iir/iiq bonuses on maps that are being less used based on global data

Stuff like this, also would make it fun sort of hunting for the maps that have bonuses going ect.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Mapping definately needs to be changed so this isn't an option. There are a few fairly easy options that could be combined to solve this.

Randomize the atlas and don't allow people to 'un-complete' completed maps
Diminishing returns on loot/exp when chaining the same maps over and over
global iir/iiq bonuses on maps that are being less used based on global data

Stuff like this, also would make it fun sort of hunting for the maps that have bonuses going ect.
Somebody mentioned on reddit that they buffed the size of underused maps like cells, but the layout is simply so shit it's never worth it. The other problem is that xp is mostly tied to white/blue packs, yellows and bosses should be simply worth more.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is PoE centered around maps that require you to trade your drops for map-improving currency using a chat system?
Quoting a post i made three years ago.

Im thinking about coming back, but Is the above true in the current end game?

I quit poe in beta once i got to the endgame and had to trade drops to progress.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
You don't need to trade for map currency. For the most part 99% of your maps will use currency you'll find naturally.