Path of Exile

Ryanz

<Banned>
Been thinking of strange builds with the two new lightning skills.

Hierophant with 4+ Charged Dash totems.

Storm Burst with lightning ball + GMP and cast while channeling.

Most likely shit builds, but funny to think about.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The only thing keeping me from SSF would be the challenges, because I like collecting that stuff. SSF I would never get past 24 with the amount of time I'm willing/able to put into PoE in the 3 months window a league has. Hell, I only managed 24 in legacy and this league ran a good deal longer (could've had around 30 I guess, but not 36).
You can play SSF at first to enjoy the game and what not, and once you're about done and just want to clear up the challenges, you can transfer the char to a normal league and just dump your currency to buy the stuff you need. That said it really depends on people, you can just play mostly SSF on normal leagues anyway, and just trade when you're desperate for an upgrade(can't find a weapon, need a specific unique for a cool idea build or low on specific resists and you want a belt with ice+light+life which for some reason won't fucking drop even in a semi craftable way).

Caliane

Been thinking of strange builds with the two new lightning skills.

Hierophant with 4+ Charged Dash totems.

Storm Burst with lightning ball + GMP and cast while channeling.

Most likely shit builds, but funny to think about.
charged dash is a melee attack.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
patch notes tomorrow, give it another 12-24 hours for poopsockers to weigh in and we should have some concrete details for realistic options in 3.0.

Caliane

"powercharges were overpowered" haha. man sometimes it doesnt feel like they are playing the same game.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
"powercharges were overpowered" haha. man sometimes it doesnt feel like they are playing the same game.

Well, they kind of were, just like Frenzy charges. In combination with assassin, you had crit cap with diamond flasks for very little gear investment.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Which they were already addressing by nerfing crit multi on many uniques. Power charges require a decent amount of initial investment. How are you going to generate and sustain them, especially on bosses? I'm specifically looking to try a 2H Wild Strike Berserker that uses a Terminus Est just so I can get easy frenzy charge generation and sustain AND still wear a Kaom's Heart. But look how many "ifs" I had to put into that one sentence.

I think this was a problem of too many "fixes" to the crit cap problem. I'm glad they backed off it in one area.

Caliane

crit cap was easy to hit with just about anyone. super easy with assassin, even without power charges. and crit HAS a cap... making max investment in powercharges already innately capped.

power charges were far and away the worst charge. and yes, adding a secondary effect that wasnt crit, is highly ideal. more spell damage was idiotic for sure though. stealing from frenzy charges, and making it focused entirely on spells... when wands, and other attacks, via assassin/shadows made particular use of them.

Personally, I would like to see life regen, as noted.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Power charges were BS. People were just throwing out power charge on hit orb of storms and shit and getting full charges instantly for no effort on a 3 or 4 link item.

Xevy

Log Wizard
No. The generation of frenzy charges was much, much more limited. And their impact was not nearly as huge as power charges + crit multi. Frenzy charges didn't synergize with anything like that. It just upped your attack speed and damage, but there was no massive synergy except minor synergy from shit like added elemental damage when you're hitting faster. I had melee characters with 7-8 frenzy charges and I had casters with 5 power charges. The difference power charges make is immense. ESPECIALLY since you need to crit to shock/burn/freeze with spells (save some items/passives).

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
No. The generation of frenzy charges was much, much more limited. And their impact was not nearly as huge as power charges + crit multi. Frenzy charges didn't synergize with anything like that. It just upped your attack speed and damage, but there was no massive synergy except minor synergy from shit like added elemental damage when you're hitting faster. I had melee characters with 7-8 frenzy charges and I had casters with 5 power charges. The difference power charges make is immense. ESPECIALLY since you need to crit to shock/burn/freeze with spells (save some items/passives).

Agreed. Frenzy charges always had decent downsides to their generation compared to what you got.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm somewhat interested in trying an RF Berserker. The gameplay looks boring because it's just shield charging everywhere but the build itself(gearing and pathing) looks interesting. Is the gameplay not as boring as I'm making it out to be?

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Those boots are screaming discharge.

20479693_1756547957691943_270069377154713049_n.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
In case ppl don't read the post about these, they drop from the Pale Council. They moved the current drops to the prophecy chains and made 4 new uniques for the Pale Council, 2 of which they revealed. This means that the challenge that has you farm Pale Council might not be as shit as previously thought. Interesting way to make content relevant again.