Path of Exile

Ryanz

<Banned>
Yea it was UberDan. He's known for being one of the first on hardcore to always kill Uber Atziri and now Shaper when the new leagues come out:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can't claim all the crafting benches anymore? I tried using the command but nothing happens, went in and out and stuff and still didn't work, not sure what's up. I know they disabled it during beta because of issues, did they never reactivate it?

Ryanz

<Banned>
They have a new hideout decoration menu that is dysfunctional as fuck. You have to actually know the name of the benches and search for them among all the other decorations.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah it isn't a search issue, I have nothing in there, they're just not there unless I get a master in my hideout to claim it.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Your master's have to be at least lvl 2. If they still not showing up you have to invite to hideout and grab benches one by one. Must be a bug they introduced with the new hideout screen.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
When you click the hideout tab in your hideout none of them are in there to place? I had 3 of each bench in there, 4 as I got the respective masters to level 2 to get their bench (had option to "reclaim" when I hovered over any of them). That's wierd in and of itself since I can't for the life of me figure out why the game is saying I have 4 of them all. I could understand if the league made 3 of everything since it could be account based now and counting 1 from standard, 1 from hardcore and 1 from temp league but no idea what the 4th would be from. Maybe the account is still registering legacy benches as being seperate from standard or something, no clue. It probably is buggy but I don't think you should have to play the old-school hideout master juggling game to get all your benches out unless something different is happening for me than you.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh found this on the wiki: 2.4.3
  • The /claim_crafting_benches command has been removed. You can now place crafting benches from previous leagues in your challenge league hideout, but must level the masters up as usual to unlock various crafting functions.
I guess my issue is that I never bothered logging on other chars and shit since, so they're just not there, I'll go check later and grab them. I was trying to use the command but didn't work.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I got a Doedre's Elixir, a Silver flask and a Sulpher flask. As I acquired them I got good at using them, but as I got more abilities I just switched to spamming them. Between those three flasks and my three buff/debuff spells (ancestral protector, frost bomb, frost-bite infused orb of storms) I have a lot of short-term buffs to cycle. I find that with my style of teleport->frostblade spam->teleport it's a lot cleaner to just spam them out whenever they have a charge instead of using them strategically.

Anyway, last night I played around making an AHK script that triggers them a few times a second. On mob-dense areas I keep all three flask buffs rolling pretty consistently.

Iis that cheating, a crutch or a common thing to do along with a whole bunch of other stuff I don't know about?

On boss fights I ditch all those flasks and just run 4 healing potions and 1 mana potion, but that is largely to give me some cushion on all these fights that I'm terrible at because it's my first time.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I just bind an unused mouse button to hit all my utility flasks at once via an AHK script. Flask management, as the game actually intends, fucking blows.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So I got a Doedre's Elixir, a Silver flask and a Sulpher flask. As I acquired them I got good at using them, but as I got more abilities I just switched to spamming them. Between those three flasks and my three buff/debuff spells (ancestral protector, frost bomb, frost-bite infused orb of storms) I have a lot of short-term buffs to cycle. I find that with my style of teleport->frostblade spam->teleport it's a lot cleaner to just spam them out whenever they have a charge instead of using them strategically.

Anyway, last night I played around making an AHK script that triggers them a few times a second. On mob-dense areas I keep all three flask buffs rolling pretty consistently.

Iis that cheating, a crutch or a common thing to do along with a whole bunch of other stuff I don't know about?

On boss fights I ditch all those flasks and just run 4 healing potions and 1 mana potion, but that is largely to give me some cushion on all these fights that I'm terrible at because it's my first time.
You shouldn't map multiple actions to a single button, you could get banned. Spamming the same key to cycle the activation should be fine. Anyway, flasks are ridiculously overpowered in the endgame, having your clearspeed good enough to keep rolling is they key to effective farming. Doesn't work as well for bosses anymore since they are much more durable, but well optimized set of flasks is PoE 101

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh found this on the wiki: 2.4.3
  • The /claim_crafting_benches command has been removed. You can now place crafting benches from previous leagues in your challenge league hideout, but must level the masters up as usual to unlock various crafting functions.
I guess my issue is that I never bothered logging on other chars and shit since, so they're just not there, I'll go check later and grab them. I was trying to use the command but didn't work.
Yeah, you have to log into a standard character and go grab the crafting benches from the masters in your hideout there. Then you'll be able to place them in the league.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You shouldn't map multiple actions to a single button, you could get banned. Spamming the same key to cycle the activation should be fine. Anyway, flasks are ridiculously overpowered in the endgame, having your clearspeed good enough to keep rolling is they key to effective farming. Doesn't work as well for bosses anymore since they are much more durable, but well optimized set of flasks is PoE 101
Have you actually known anyone not stupid enough to do that on a stream to have been banned for that?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, you have to log into a standard character and go grab the crafting benches from the masters in your hideout there. Then you'll be able to place them in the league.
Yeah that's what I did and it worked fine, although I had to do some shenanigans cause I never farmed masters to 8 so I didn't have all masters in there anyway, but it's fixed now. I wasn't aware they changed it this way until I looked at the wiki for it. You basically place all the benches right away now when a new league starts, and they become active when you have the master at lvl 2.

Anyway I've been playing super casually an hour here and there inbetween FFXIV and shit, still making my way through first playthrough. Probably doesn't help that I picked some slow ass build, I decided to finally make my Viper Strike melee. Turns out it's not completely garbage, but it's not very fast either. The main issue as expected is that melee splash behaves like shit, if it just made a single target skill into an aoe it'd be great, but it's still a single target that then splashes, so you have to kinda aim at shit and actually hit something which feels bad at times. Poison itself looks alright damage, I have a few of the poison nodes(the original poison one, the poison/bleed near duellist and the new poison between ranger and duellist) so it does alright damage, and the base hit also does ok for now, still leveling though so obviously scaling will be fuckier later on. Only died once so far to the liquid metal thing boss, kinda one shot me even though I was taking no damage before that, first time I do the boss and hard to gauge damage cause I have block/evasion/acro so 90% of the time I'm not actually taking any damage, until suddenly damage.

Vorph

Have you actually known anyone not stupid enough to do that on a stream to have been banned for that?
Randomize the tiny delay between keypresses and there's no way they'd ever know. Pretty much everyone serious about PoE is running PoE-TradeMacro so there's no way they'd know whether you're using AHK for that or a flask macro. Personally I just use my Logitech software to do it and don't worry about the random part.

Back on the topic of PoE-scambot, I loaded it up last night and the first Tabula Rasa that popped up I bought successfully, after 100-ish fails with poe.trade. I left the script running for a while with poe.trade live search running too, and scambot beat it every time by anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds. Had an exa drop this morning so I'm going to try the same deal again tonight with Lycosidae and Rat's Nest.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I haven't been playing PoE for long, but being worried about a multi-key bind getting you banned is like being worried about your bank suing you because you didn't dot the i and cross the t on the check you just cashed, all while people are literally robbing the bank without being prosecuted.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Back on the topic of PoE-scambot, I loaded it up last night and the first Tabula Rasa that popped up I bought successfully, after 100-ish fails with poe.trade. I left the script running for a while with poe.trade live search running too, and scambot beat it every time by anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds. Had an exa drop this morning so I'm going to try the same deal again tonight with Lycosidae and Rat's Nest.
That's pretty bad. Glad I picked Terminus Est to get my 5L, nobody is using that weapon this league.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just finished Act 10, that was pretty good! Time to get stuck into maps now, I usually quit at this point so not done many.

What are you guys using to trade?

Vorph

PoE.trade is ok for unpopular items and/or things priced average-to-shitty that will be up for hours/days before anyone buys them. PoEapp.com is better for deals that sell out in the first minute or so they are posted, since (according to reddit) it's currently processing API data faster. I haven't used it much myself, but it may be better now, period.

For things that sell so fast that they are gone before they even appear on the indexing sites, PoE-scambot is the only option. Mainly 10-25c uniques like TR, Lycosidae, Rat's Nest, etc., but probably anything used by Mathil/popular streamer builds if it's priced below all the other items listed. It requires Python 3.6 to be installed on your PC and some knowledge of regular expressions if you want to search for anything more than just the item name.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm tempted to give this a shot with all the 3.0 hype. I don't really know what I'd want to try playing, I normally default to martial artsy builds where available - is Facebreaker not a good one to go for right away? How hard is it to get going? Seems like there's a lot of "variations" in the choice of primary skills and classes / ascendancies but I don't know much about what that means.