Path of Exile

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
So this was my reward for doing the Ascension thing. Seems like pretty much the worst roll I could get. Is there anything I can do to salvage this? With orbs or whatnot. I'm playing a Slayer using Sunder and Cyclone.

It's got a single, red gem slot.

PoE first Loot.png

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
So this was my reward for doing the Ascension thing. Seems like pretty much the worst roll I could get. Is there anything I can do to salvage this? With orbs or whatnot. I'm playing a Slayer using Sunder and Cyclone.

It's got a single, red gem slot.

View attachment 150967

Yeah that's a pretty crappy item, now that I actually play a summoner. Main issue is it's a two-hander so it takes up valuable slots without a good return. I think it sells for like 1 chaos. The number of gem slots doesn't matter because those are easy to reroll. Same with the stats, the variance isn't that important on that item.

FWIW you can upgrade that item through a prophecy to Queen's Escape which adds minion speed. Still not great a weapon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's good for skeleton build iirc, but that's one specific build, and I don't think it's even good if you do skeleton mage build, which is far superior anyway. Because you're capped at 9 skeleton mages from the jewels cap, you don't need the +1skeleton, and the other stats are weak enough that it's pointless to use over a shield+some random weapon.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm tempted but I'm probably better off with the sheild that gives minions all kinds of charges.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I am full newbie in this game, currently doing my own sort of elemental ish build and now added some pets to it. I really don't do much damage, but in late act 4 now, and nearly immune to damage so far. I can stand at a boss and just use molten strike or sunder (which activates lots of elemental abilities each) and rarely ever use health potions. I assume my build will be destroyed late game, but so far it works. I do wish I had some mobility skill though, because I move slow.

As to the discussion above though, I don't understand how I could "fit" a two handed weapon. I want more skill gems as it is. An item would have to be a six socket god tier item for me to remotely consider dropping my shield. Guessing if you plan out a 2h build that has skills that requires using a 2h item, but unless I am missing something (which I might) going 2h seems vastly inferior in every way. I've never seen a two hander come even remotely close to being better than the combined sockets + stats that two items give.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
2handed weapons go up to 6 sockets, while 1H+shield is 3 each, so it's the same amount of sockets, but 2H can be 6linked, making it better in general if you only consider gems. Obviously shield provides a lot of defensive stats(tons of hp especially in 3.0) and 1H are faster, plus if you use 2 uniques you can get a bunch of different effects together.

You won't see 6 sockets items until 52 or so though, and 5sockets until 35 or whatever it was, so that's why you think that way for now, since 1H+shield caps the 3socket limit they have very quickly(lvl 12 I think? I forgot what the tiers were but yeah).

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
I'm pretty new to this game. Just been playing a stormburst build, which has done me pretty decently so far. Issue is at this point, I've made it to act 10 and my damage is beginning to dwindle a bit. I've never seen a 5 or 6 link chest so I'm stuck with some shitty 4 linker I've been wearing since god knows when. Tried spamming trade chat for an upgrade but a'll I've really seen is that white 6 link thing and I don't have the orbs to buy it. Am I just missing something entirely on being able to upgrade my chest? Or is it just pure RNG luck and I will get it sooner or later??

As an aside, I actually got a tell from a dev admonishing me for accidentally posting in global for a chest instead of trade chat. I mistakenly posted it in global, realized what I did then posted it in trade. 5 minutes later the dev sends me a tell about not using global for trades... like wtf. You got nothing better to do than send tells to fucking newbs over one misplaced post... like fixing your shit chat windows?! FML

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm pretty new to this game. Just been playing a stormburst build, which has done me pretty decently so far. Issue is at this point, I've made it to act 10 and my damage is beginning to dwindle a bit. I've never seen a 5 or 6 link chest so I'm stuck with some shitty 4 linker I've been wearing since god knows when. Tried spamming trade chat for an upgrade but a'll I've really seen is that white 6 link thing and I don't have the orbs to buy it. Am I just missing something entirely on being able to upgrade my chest? Or is it just pure RNG luck and I will get it sooner or later??

As an aside, I actually got a tell from a dev admonishing me for accidentally posting in global for a chest instead of trade chat. I mistakenly posted it in global, realized what I did then posted it in trade. 5 minutes later the dev sends me a tell about not using global for trades... like wtf. You got nothing better to do than send tells to fucking newbs over one misplaced post... like fixing your shit chat windows?! FML

If the chest is above level 50 you can get 6 sockets and 5L it yourself. I have a pure ES and a ES/EV 5L both up for grabs in HSC if anyone here wants for free. Please pay them forward when you're done.

How's everyone 3.0 starter build doing? Already getting the urge to reroll

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Don't spend jeweler's orbs trying to 6L a chest, it's easier to buy one instead. 5L is still going require orbs in the hundreds. And then comes the fusings...

You're best off just buying something off poe.trade.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Hmm I cleared the unique Beachead harbinger map at lvl 77 and didn't get the achievement for clearing "Harbinger area map boss" Is there something I'm missing ?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
How do you get these 6 sockets though? And 5 linking it by using one of those link changing things that drop? Those are pure RNG as well, no?

There is a bunch of different ways to link items in PoE. Depending on prices for prelinked items, fuse orbs, and the prophecy you can pick which one works best.

1) You start by 5 socketing the chest or 2h weapon - Just use Jewelers orbs to 5 socket manually, the average is less than 150
2) You can buy a guaranteed 5 Socket by spending 150 jewelers with Vorici when he's level 5 in your hideout. You can do the same with Fuse orbs you use to link, it runs 150 so 30c roughly atm.
3) You can buy this prophecy "The Jewelers Touch" which guarantees 5L search results
4) If the item is cheap enough you can just outright buy it 5L on poe.trade

Same thing goes for 6L with Vorici except its 1500 orbs per, the prophecy to 6L is much more expensive as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Did a 2nd char with the ranger/frostblade build. Clears maps like a mofo but its survive-ability is shit. Making it hard getting the 2nd ascendancy lab cleared on the 3rd boss phase ;(.

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
You're best off just buying something off poe.trade.

Didn't know this website existed. Got a new chest for a couple orbs that should hold me over till something better drops. Took a couple tells to different people but almost as easy as an ingame auction house. Thank you much.

Now I think my next biggest issue is trying to figure out what are the best stats for the type of build I'm running in order to upgrade my weapon. This is what I'm using now, I think it is pretty decent. Should I concentrate on spell damage as priority 1?
1.jpg

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you don't mind a bit of setup, you should download PoB(Path of Building) and plug your character in. It's a very good longterm investment.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Did a 2nd char with the ranger/frostblade build. Clears maps like a mofo but its survive-ability is shit. Making it hard getting the 2nd ascendancy lab cleared on the 3rd boss phase ;(.

Just take your time on the boss and use the pantheon ability that gives life flask charges if you haven't used one in a while. That worked for me at least on "progression" fights.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't know this website existed. Got a new chest for a couple orbs that should hold me over till something better drops. Took a couple tells to different people but almost as easy as an ingame auction house. Thank you much.

Now I think my next biggest issue is trying to figure out what are the best stats for the type of build I'm running in order to upgrade my weapon. This is what I'm using now, I think it is pretty decent. Should I concentrate on spell damage as priority 1?
View attachment 150986

You added flat lightning damage so I am assuming youre a wander? Whats the primary skill you are using for DPS? I can probably give you an upgraded wand pretty easily. I just swapped from wands to scepters and have very nice and free spell wands, if youre using an attack they are worthless though.

Like Deathwing mentioned Path of Building is the best to see what X (gear, support gem etc) does for your build. You can import your toon from the PoE website very easily.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
He said he was playing storm burst. Wands, scepters and daggers can all roll attack based mods as well as spell based mods. X - Y lightning/fire/cold damage to spells, critical strike chance for spells. Percentage based elemental damage applies to everything and critical strike multiplier applies to everything.

I'm also playing storm burst and still trying to figure out what works best but I think as far as wand/scepter goes spell damage and % lightning damage are the best 2 mods with high flat dmg rolls for spells and crit (if you're playing crit build) coming after on more ideal end-game stuff.

I've been using Moonsorrow unique wand since I got to 59 and it's served me pretty well so far up to t7 maps now.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
He said he was playing storm burst. Wands, scepters and daggers can all roll attack based mods as well as spell based mods. X - Y lightning/fire/cold damage to spells, critical strike chance for spells. Percentage based elemental damage applies to everything and critical strike multiplier applies to everything.

I'm also playing storm burst and still trying to figure out what works best but I think as far as wand/scepter goes spell damage and % lightning damage are the best 2 mods with high flat dmg rolls for spells and crit (if you're playing crit build) coming after on more ideal end-game stuff.

I've been using Moonsorrow unique wand since I got to 59 and it's served me pretty well so far up to t7 maps now.

Oh nice then, I have a wand for both of you if you guys want. Both are 70+ spell damage and 20% cast speed and I have 2. Ill be on after 8pm EST if you guys want to hit me up, toon name is Lock_Up_

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Charged(lightning, fuck you) Dash still going well. Damage is good. Clear speed is really good. A few big problems though(mentioned in an earlier post):

1) Certain bosses are really hard due to the fact that single target DPS is you doing very short channels over and over again. Meaning you have to be practically on top of the boss.
2) The skill itself is pretty weird and counter-intuitive. To maximize single target DPS, you want as little move speed as possible, and as mentioned earlier spamming the spell over short distances. There is no real charging. Or moving fast. You have the same amount of attacks per cast if you channel for 0.5 seconds or 2 seconds. The faster your move speed, the less amount of attacks you do, but the faster you reach the maximum distance cap in order to get your 100% more damage. But mathematically, a full charge does less because the lower amount of attacks means there's less overlap on any single target since the attacks are more spread out over a greater distance. Without move speed, getting to max distance takes a good 3 seconds or more. With move speed, you don't do enough attacks. Yeah. Dumb.
3) For some reason, you get only 0.1% damage in 19 levels of the gem. That's literally <0.01% per gem level. Like really?

Still, made it to tier 13, done uber lab, atziri. All cake walks.