Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I need The Baron helmet for my necromancer build but the price is absolutely insane, it's hundreds of chaos orbs and I have about 10... other uniques for the build cost 1 max.

I'm getting upto about tier 10 maps at lv75 and my dps is great but I'm dying to aoe, that's the only item that'll sort it out...

What do I do? I'm a total noob at maps and don't know to get good items to drop. I need some expert advice!

Tier 10 maps at level 75 is part of the problem. I'm level 85 and i'm not even on tier 10 maps yet.

As far as chaos recipe (unid especially but also probably id'd version) you probably do make more than you do by identifying everything and vendoring bad stuff/selling good stuff but finding loot is 50% of the point of this style of game IMO, with the other 50% being running around killing tons of monsters.

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Game is a shitshow right now with the network/server issues.
Also, fuck the xp loss in maps. Seriously wtf were they thinking?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got one shit by uber izaro at 1 percent. 20% phys reduc with 6k health. Running fortify and basalt although I don't think the flask was up. Suggestions? It was the wind slash move. Maybe need more health?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
XP loss has been around forever and while I didn't read all the patch notes it doesn't really seem like they increased the penalty. I remember the good ole days in closed beta when one death would mean hours and hours of exp lost (and that was at low 80s char level).

For uber izaro: don't get hit by his big moves (sunder type move, big smash, wind slash, a huge pile of overlapped explosions). Not sure what build you're using but I don't think many builds are meant for face tanking him without retarded amounts of overgearing for it. Depending on what buffs he had, taste of hate can help with phys mitigation, not sure anything really helps when he has ele dmg buffs or the charges buff crits.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Just got one shit by uber izaro at 1 percent. 20% phys reduc with 6k health. Running fortify and basalt although I don't think the flask was up. Suggestions? It was the wind slash move. Maybe need more health?
What mods/effects did he have ?
I just got oneshot at the end because I was an idiot and stood in the aoe of the increased damage trap while Izaro jumped on me. It was down, but it popped up just when he was about to land. 75% dodge (had impenetrable shrine up) took a vacation, just ... splat.

Also the new lab is a lot of fun, the perma shrines are awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Izaro can crit even with his room wide slash, its a really terrible design decision on a move that can off screen you. Either have to dodge the wind slash or gamble on it one shotting you regardless of life pool / defense.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone need yellow or some red maps to get going? I'm already into strands / shores until 100 so I have a ton of yellow and a good amount of red maps I can help people with. Totally free if anyone wants some to get going just hit me up in game.
You still have extra maps available? Been having bad luck getting +1's so I'm just about out of yellows at 84.

Chris

Potato del Grande
OK so exp loss is hitting me hard at lv75, I've stopped levelling. Stopped rushing maps (I got upto T11) and dropped down to T5/6 but still getting too many deaths. Tried Cast on Damage + Immortal Call which seems to work but it's not enough, there an amulet item which will give me loads of endurance charges but it's another 160 Chaos item.

Any pointers on what maps I should be doing right now? I've got nearly max resists but like 3000 Health and Energy Sheild, I'll need some levels to pick up more life nodes.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
OK so exp loss is hitting me hard at lv75, I've stopped levelling. Stopped rushing maps (I got upto T11) and dropped down to T5/6 but still getting too many deaths. Tried Cast on Damage + Immortal Call which seems to work but it's not enough, there an amulet item which will give me loads of endurance charges but it's another 160 Chaos item.

Any pointers on what maps I should be doing right now? I've got nearly max resists but like 3000 Health and Energy Sheild, I'll need some levels to pick up more life nodes.

Max resists, get life, get mitigation. At your level you'll be getting great xp in t2-6 maps still, use those to level safely and then early / mid 80s switch to t6-10. When you're doing those just fine w/o dying hit up the t11 plus again.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
At 75 you should still be doing T1 maps for 100% xp. Enjoy Jungle Valley while it lasts and don't waste your high tier maps until you have to use them to get 90+% xp.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You still have extra maps available? Been having bad luck getting +1's so I'm just about out of yellows at 84.

Yeah man I just saw this I can throw you like 20 red and yellows to get you going again np. I'll be on after 9ish est.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hit 80 today. That's where I was at when I played in 2013. Back then I was looking at the map and trade system and gave the game a solid pass, with the intent to play it again when it smoothed out.

Now that I'm at 80 and starting mapping, I'm pretty pumped about what comes next.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider

Link to build?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Uber lab down twice and atziri. Got flask. Too bad it's needed to shit. This is the farthest I've gotten

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Atziri flask is pretty good for a lot of builds, it's just not expensive because it's a common drop. I'm tempted to give a go and doing an uber lab on my char but I dunno, I have zero confidence in actually succeeding with my build. I really want to make storm burst work but i'm pretty sure it will be garbage until I have 30 exalts worth of gear, and even then it'll be garbage compared to 30exalts of gear on a different skill.

Edit: Lol trying to google for threads about people doing guardians with storm burst and some guy says he did them all comfortably on a 5link with his storm burst berserker, links to his char profile and his char is a 6link dark pact setup... ???.jpg

Last edited:

Caliane

I'm getting bored with charged dash pretty quick.
I think mathil posted a vid recently, describing it as mentally taxing, more or less. Which is true. the constant timing and aiming of it.