Path of Exile

Goonsquad Officer
anyone reccomend a good loot filter?

I'm in the new league with a goofy flickerstrike build plan. I suspect I'm going to have to trade for stuff to make it work :)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thanks for the advice guys, I started running T1/T2 maps and im enjoying it muh more and got 2 levels. Ran out so I'll start clearing my T3 maps now and I've got quite a few to get through.

Stretched myself too thin going for aura nodes as well as minion and duration nodes. Going to get out of auras and plough it into life instead.

I can always revisit running multiple auras later.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
After trying stormburst, gave up on it and tried dark pact. Enjoying it more, had to corpse rush kitava but been smooth going now. Bought a 6 socket 5 linked carcass jack and got vaal pact and its gotten even better. Fun skill, at 6700 life with sub par gear but at max resists and lvl77 low tier maps are a breeze now. Cant for the life of me upgrade my 37 spell damage scepter that i might just buy one.

Whats with games becoming more infeated with scumbag rmt fucks. Was trying to sell an exalt and shit was flooding with marker fixing assholes. No one does that shit unless they are rmting. Why wouls you need that much currency.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
anyone reccomend a good loot filter?

I'm in the new league with a goofy flickerstrike build plan. I suspect I'm going to have to trade for stuff to make it work :)

Neversink standard filter works well for me.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

turbo

Molten Core Raider
As i'm leveling up should i be ID'ing items before i sell? Or just mass sell shit un-iD'd and save all the currency for higher levels? Only lvl 24 i think about to wrap up ACT 2. (First character; witch); please tell me i get a bigger primary items tab? 1 tab is so limiting...bought some extra stash slots but even taking just rare/yellow is constant porting back to base.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I think I'm missing something regarding flasks

While clearing a map I have an AHK script set up to spam-activate my buff flasks and it works pretty well, I get around 100% uptime on them.

On bosses, which right now with my frostblade build are the only challenging things I'm facing, I can't do that because on most bosses I'm not recharging my flasks. So I manually activate them when needed and that's fine, but I run out of charges long before I kill them. I've found that ditching buff flasks entirely and just loading up on health flasks (with the pantheon ability of recharging health flasks) works much better on boss fights.

What do ya'll do with your flasks on boss fights?

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
As i'm leveling up should i be ID'ing items before i sell? Or just mass sell shit un-iD'd and save all the currency for higher levels? Only lvl 24 i think about to wrap up ACT 2. (First character; witch); please tell me i get a bigger primary items tab? 1 tab is so limiting...bought some extra stash slots but even taking just rare/yellow is constant porting back to base.

First, get a good loot filter that points out good items and hides the rest. Second, at your low level, focus on levelling and not stopping to ID everything because that will just slow you down. ID the stuff that you might use for your class. Good, sellable items are only going to drop when you get higher level (like 70+ when you get mapping or close to it). The exception are rings, amulets, and belts, which can roll really good mods even at low levels, so you may want to pick those up and ID those in case you hit the jackpot (which usually means triple resists that add up to 80+, with primary stats or other useful mods).

I made the same mistake with my first toon IDing everything, because that's a big part of the fun.....finding new stuff! The problem is you will find out 99% of the stuff is crap, and even if you find something you need, chances are you could have bought it on POE trade for 1 alchemy or 1 chaos. The truly expensive and highly sought after items are extremely rare and you will know it when you find it =) (Hello to you Baron helmet).

Probably the best thing to spend money in this game on is tabs, like you've done. I would invest in one quad tab to so you can sell online which will help you accumulate currency.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

While clearing a map I have an AHK script set up to spam-activate my buff flasks and it works pretty well, I get around 100% uptime on them.

On bosses, which right now with my frostblade build are the only challenging things I'm facing, I can't do that because on most bosses I'm not recharging my flasks. So I manually activate them when needed and that's fine, but I run out of charges long before I kill them. I've found that ditching buff flasks entirely and just loading up on health flasks (with the pantheon ability of recharging health flasks) works much better on boss fights.

Bosses are a DPS check, so if you are running out of flasks before the fight is over then it's a pretty good sign you need to improve your gear and/or passives.

With 3.0 they really increased boss's health bars, so it is more of a pain in the ass to kill now for sure. Like you I also use the recharging health flask minor pantheon. There is a major god that mitigates damage when you are only fighting one mob (ie a boss) that would be good to change to during boss fights.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Try to kill bosses before the couple charges are out (like 8 total seconds), once they're out just do what you can.

Also be careful with the script, I don't think they'd care since you're not pushing ladder but since it's a quasi competitive league it's technically cheating and they could ban you.

• 1Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider

Frostblades are an ass for killing bosses, not much you can do about it, but many people use extra skills. I run 4link Ancestral Warchief with culling strike for extra 20-30k dps and culling strike, Frostbite for -%cold resist and Vaal lightning Trap for +15% damage taken and once I bother to buy it, Vaal haste for extra attack speed. Oh and Whirling Blade+Fortify for the buff. T10 bosses still take a while to melt, but with smoke cloud, chill and my dodge they are mostly harmless. If they have durable adds or twinned, try to position yourself that the blades hit the boss rather than your primary hit.

• 1Like

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Thanks; just read the vendor recipe page....so at low lvls should i mass store items and turn a shit ton in trying to get some of the multiple turn in recipes at vendors or not worth the time until higher level (looked like some werent tied to item lvl but also have no clue how rare the currency they give is either). Definitely more complex haha but thats good. Wish Grim Dawn had the online aspect; but this looks like a fun game to stratch the loot itch. Been watching MU Legends but being korean.....not holding my breath so might as well fill in breaks for when i get suspended in smite with this.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Bosses are a DPS check, so if you are running out of flasks before the fight is over then it's a pretty good sign you need to improve your gear and/or passives.

With 3.0 they really increased boss's health bars, so it is more of a pain in the ass to kill now for sure. Like you I also use the recharging health flask minor pantheon. There is a major god that mitigates damage when you are only fighting one mob (ie a boss) that would be good to change to during boss fights.
So, when you say DPS check it makes me think I'm fighting them incorrectly. I mostly jump in, take my shots and jump out either before they hit me with their big attack or whatever nonsense they're attacking me with stacks too much.

Do you just facetank every boss and if you don't kill them before your flasks run out that's it?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Frostblades are an ass for killing bosses, not much you can do about it, but many people use extra skills. I run 4link Ancestral Warchief with culling strike for extra 20-30k dps and culling strike, Frostbite for -%cold resist and Vaal lightning Trap for +15% damage taken and once I bother to buy it, Vaal haste for extra attack speed. Oh and Whirling Blade+Fortify for the buff. T10 bosses still take a while to melt, but with smoke cloud, chill and my dodge they are mostly harmless. If they have durable adds or twinned, try to position yourself that the blades hit the boss rather than your primary hit.
Do people run extra skills as in, they switch out their five or six link chests for a different skill to fight bosses? Or do they just have supporting skills?

Culling strike is a good idea, I swapped that in on my ancestral protector. edit: just got my first kill of a map boss with it, I love finishing moves.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So, when you say DPS check it makes me think I'm fighting them incorrectly. I mostly jump in, take my shots and jump out either before they hit me with their big attack or whatever nonsense they're attacking me with stacks too much.

Do you just facetank every boss and if you don't kill them before your flasks run out that's it?

You facetank if you can, if not you do what you're doing. Like someone else said frostblades is a little rough for bosses but great at clearing. Unless you have an expensive build this is usually the choice you make. Faster clearing is much more efficient for league starter making money ect

Do people run extra skills as in, they switch out their five or six link chests for a different skill to fight bosses? Or do they just have supporting skills?

Culling strike is a good idea, I swapped that in on my ancestral protector.

People will gem swap but rarely item swap. Typically the gem swap is increase area effect (for clearing) to concentrated effect (for bosses).

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought they changed prophecies to where you can complete all of them in maps? Am I wrong. What do you guys do if you have to go back? Seal and destroy or just finish them real quick?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought they changed prophecies to where you can complete all of them in maps? Am I wrong. What do you guys do if you have to go back? Seal and destroy or just finish them real quick?

Depends some you can just trigger by zoning into the shitter zones and burn them. Some that I cant do anything with Ill just seal.

• 1Like