Path of Exile

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Super newb question, is there a way to "target" a unique item at lower levels? I just hit 16/17 and want Facebreakers but don't even have 1c and I assume that any Facebreakers I could buy would be much higher level anyway. I just wanna see if I enjoy it before I grind out the rest of the levels on this char or hop to another build.

I've got you covered tonight if you want a free pair, hit me up after like 9est @ Lock_Up_

You can target uniques though, I actually chanced an Atziri's Foible at level 10 this league. Unless you're chancing something very high end though it isn't worth it. Generally every league people will chance leather belts for headhunters which sell for 70-100ex or they'll chance sorcerer boots since Skyforths sell for 40-50ex.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Tuco Tuco also make sure and pick up all quality gems (any quality) and all quality flasks over say 10%. You can sell em in groups for to vender for glassblowers bobbles and gemcutters prisms so you can quality your own shit

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm extremely underwhelmed by the expansion. I don't know exactly what I was expecting but I'm not even at maps yet and it is a chore to log myself in and play.
The new acts can feel somewhat padded, since the new maps are humongous and as far as power curve goes, it's still the same. I'm pretty happy I blew through them in a day, since doing it piecemeal would be a horrible chore.

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Is there a forum guild? Just picked this up on Sunday... hadn't played since like 2013 or something. Up to lvl 55 act 7. Plan to play most of the weekend when it's not during TI7.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The new acts can feel somewhat padded, since the new maps are humongous and as far as power curve goes, it's still the same. I'm pretty happy I blew through them in a day, since doing it piecemeal would be a horrible chore.

They took the worst parts of the acts out of the first playthrough but them just took those bad zones and put them back in on the second playthrough. And like you said the zones are huge. It is worse than playing through A1-4 3 times right now imo. It also feels like to get the +skill point quests you need to slog through a completely unrelated zone who's only purpose to exist is to have the quest.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've got you covered tonight if you want a free pair, hit me up after like 9est @ Lock_Up_

You can target uniques though, I actually chanced an Atziri's Foible at level 10 this league. Unless you're chancing something very high end though it isn't worth it. Generally every league people will chance leather belts for headhunters which sell for 70-100ex or they'll chance sorcerer boots since Skyforths sell for 40-50ex.

I figured if I'm going to be super casual I can waste resources in the super casual way but my gaming instincts definitely fight it :p I'll send you a message whenever I make it on, probably be later though. Thanks

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Is there a forum guild? Just picked this up on Sunday... hadn't played since like 2013 or something. Up to lvl 55 act 7. Plan to play most of the weekend when it's not during TI7.

Just post your account name and someone will invite you. Tons of people on now

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco Tuco also make sure and pick up all quality gems (any quality) and all quality flasks over say 10%. You can sell em in groups for to vender for glassblowers bobbles and gemcutters prisms so you can quality your own shit
Thanks.

I just studied:
Vendor recipe system

Does anyone save unidentified rares? Seems like it'd be tough to avoid identifying all those items.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I need The Baron helmet for my necromancer build but the price is absolutely insane, it's hundreds of chaos orbs and I have about 10... other uniques for the build cost 1 max.

I'm getting upto about tier 10 maps at lv75 and my dps is great but I'm dying to aoe, that's the only item that'll sort it out...

What do I do? I'm a total noob at maps and don't know to get good items to drop. I need some expert advice!

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Thanks.

I just studied:
Vendor recipe system

Does anyone save unidentified rares? Seems like it'd be tough to avoid identifying all those items.
You are generally limited by your rings and amulets, which are also the most profitable slots, so unless it's very late into the league, you ID at least those. In theory you can forgo IDing stuff and just pick up items to fill up your chaos recipe and only pick up currency while maintaining your clearspeed, but I like figuring out if I just hit the jackpot or not. And once you get into red maps, you start finding some high level bases which can be almost gamebreaking if well rolled, so not IDing those is criminal in my opinion.

Chris Chris go run endgame lab for money. Otherwise just level and try to shore up your defenses in other slots, you picked a bad league starter since everybody and their mother is playing summoner.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I need The Baron helmet for my necromancer build but the price is absolutely insane, it's hundreds of chaos orbs and I have about 10... other uniques for the build cost 1 max.

I'm getting upto about tier 10 maps at lv75 and my dps is great but I'm dying to aoe, that's the only item that'll sort it out...

What do I do? I'm a total noob at maps and don't know to get good items to drop. I need some expert advice!
You can do most maps without the baron, using the same build. It just gives you a bunch more damage and stuff but it's not an essential build enabling unique, just a very powerful boost for the high end content(T14 and Shaper and what not).

Apparently it's a mix of getting priced fixed and being rarers than it was before that makes it so expensive, plus the current popularity especially with a few streamers playing summoners.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Some more extra tips for making currency:

I currently only have 3 tier 11/12's done on the Atlas: Excavation, Vault, and Shaped Spider forest. That means(for the most part) any T11/T12 that's dropped will be one of those three. Excavation sells for about 2-3c(but to be honest, I left this completed because I don't have the currency to uncomplete it). Vault sells for 4-5c. Shaped Spider Forest sells for 4c. An average run for me will net me 2-3 of these maps. So I can always sell one map per run(roughly, sometimes you get lucky and get 6, sometimes you don't get any. But it's fairly consistently most of the time).

For the chaos/regal vendor recipes, I identify only rares that would be potential upgrades for my current gear. Shitty base types(like coral amulets, paua rings, etc) I leave unID'd and use in my recipe.

For efficiency sake, I normally pre-roll my maps(usually between 3 and 10) and leave them in one tab. Then any loot I get I would just ctrl+click into another tab. Once I finish running all the maps then I would screw around with the loot yadda yadda. But the less time you spend messing around with loot, the more time you can spend farming. I've done up to 10 maps in 30 minutes, which I would consider pretty good.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider

Well the Baron won't stop you from dying to AOE, it's just a damage boost so if you feel your damage is fine it's not something you need to worry about until endgame mapping. I was running the same build but the price of Baron turned me off for now so I'm running that sunder build I linked earlier.

As far as dieing though, I found running a Decoy totem helps immensely with keeping shit away from you. Just be liberal with it, keep up your offering buff and just be mobile. SRS with all the duration nodes last long enough that you can cast a few, step away from stuff then cast a few more, etc.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Some more extra tips for making currency:

I currently only have 3 tier 11/12's done on the Atlas: Excavation, Vault, and Shaped Spider forest. That means(for the most part) any T11/T12 that's dropped will be one of those three. Excavation sells for about 2-3c(but to be honest, I left this completed because I don't have the currency to uncomplete it). Vault sells for 4-5c. Shaped Spider Forest sells for 4c. An average run for me will net me 2-3 of these maps. So I can always sell one map per run(roughly, sometimes you get lucky and get 6, sometimes you don't get any. But it's fairly consistently most of the time).

For the chaos/regal vendor recipes, I identify only rares that would be potential upgrades for my current gear. Shitty base types(like coral amulets, paua rings, etc) I leave unID'd and use in my recipe.

For efficiency sake, I normally pre-roll my maps(usually between 3 and 10) and leave them in one tab. Then any loot I get I would just ctrl+click into another tab. Once I finish running all the maps then I would screw around with the loot yadda yadda. But the less time you spend messing around with loot, the more time you can spend farming. I've done up to 10 maps in 30 minutes, which I would consider pretty good.
Vaal the shitty bases with good rolls, if you hit +1 curse, congrats on your exalt.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't find it much of a time sink at all. The bottleneck is always rings, especially since there's a few bases you'll probably want to ID. Everything else I drop enough of each into a quad tab to cover the rings I have and at the end of the night I can usually make an extra 20-30c. Everything I get that is past the ring bottleneck just gets ID'ed and vendored normally, or never picked up at all.

I've done the ID-everything side of it and for every item worth 15+c there's hundreds and hundreds of shitty ones. Doing the math, the 2c recipe wins hands down. I used to separate it into chaos and regal, but that is definitely a waste of time. Got burnt on it in Breach league too when regals dropped from ~1.2c down to 0.9c, so now I intentionally sabotage the recipe to make it generate only chaos.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Vaal the shitty bases with good rolls, if you hit +1 curse, congrats on your exalt.

I do this only once I'm fairly rich. If you're sitting with 20 chaos and change to your name it isn't really worth it since you most likely don't have many vaals to spare. But later on, it is definitely a great way to get randomly rich.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Been pumped all week to PoE out this weekend, but getitng DC'd everytime I zone =( Lots of people seem affected.

#firstworldproblems