Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I only run shaped strand and shore and my bonus is at 91%. I completed every T1-T10, skipped all but one T11, skipped all T12, skipped all T13 except 1, skipped all T14, did all of the T15's, Guardians, and Shaper.

Tuco Tuco the more maps you complete the "bonus objective" on it raises the % counter in the center of your atlas. Then when maps drop for you that % bonus makes it so that the map that just dropped has that % chance to drop 1 tier higher than it would have.

Which maps did you specifically run? I'm guessing you have to buy the ones you want since you skip the 12s. I've never optimized my atlas before but I'm going to this time. I've been running quad sextants on Primordial Pools and it feels amazing. No idea if it is optimal but whatever.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
These guys used to be in my guild and do this almost every league. The economy right now is fucked until the chaos ratio settles back towards normal.

I think its extra fucked due to the nutso population and influx of nubs with 3.0 and popular streamers taking a liking to the game. May be a lot longer than usual for the economy to settle.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Which maps did you specifically run? I'm guessing you have to buy the ones you want since you skip the 12s. I've never optimized my atlas before but I'm going to this time. I've been running quad sextants on Primordial Pools and it feels amazing. No idea if it is optimal but whatever.

When I skip T12's and T14's its because if you don't have ANYTHING in those tiers completed it will default one tier down when a map drops in those tiers. For example I don't do anything T12, so if I am killing in Shaped Shore and it decides to drop a T12 map since I don't have any active / completed the game will then go a tier down to T11 and drop a Shaped Strand.

Right now I'm trying Racecourse for 93-94 and will keep writing down my xp/hr. Shaped Strand felt fine and was just about the same XP / HR running only breach zana mod and sextants. Shaped Shore is also totally fine, that will be what I run past 94.

Kiroy Kiroy What sucks is that they each make about 2-6 mirrors in the first week and then flip everything into chaos. They basically double their money buying mirrors at 60-75ex week 1 and then now they are going to double it again with the chaos hoarding. It sucks because the whole economy runs on chaos pretty much and ratio's are like if they were 80:1ex. For sure the chaos sinks are good this league too like Zana mods are also causing a vacuum, breach at Zana 8 is so good. Not to mention the life meta and crafting uses chaos orbs from like Elreon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man every time I think I have a grasp on this game I learn like 10 new things. I've been playing since beta.

First time hitting 90 though. I always play HC and always die before this point and never bother rerolling. Last death was due to lag and it killed HC for me. After playing this go around with the lag I'm glad I did SC this time.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man every time I think I have a grasp on this game I learn like 10 new things. I've been playing since beta.

First time hitting 90 though. I always play HC and always die before this point and never bother rerolling. Last death was due to lag and it killed HC for me. After playing this go around with the lag I'm glad I did SC this time.

Same here man, playing since beta and I'm learning everyday. I have never even touched pet classes nor do I understand them at all.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Same here man, playing since beta and I'm learning everyday. I have never even touched pet classes nor do I understand them at all.

I did barrons srs in the 3.0 beta. Hated it. First and last pet class ill ever play.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I'm up to 82 on my Frostbolt Quad-Totem Hierophant. Gear is not even close to optimized, but I got some of the main pieces I need to clear Tier 7-8 maps pretty quickly, but honestly running around like a idiot while your totems are doing the work and some map bosses are a pain in the ass as its just more running around. Very unsatisfying game play at least to me. I'm thinking of dropping Ancestral Bond so I can actually cast some spells (mainly to kill bosses quicker). Any suggestions on a skill that will synergise decently without too much respeccing?

Anything I'm thinking of trying (with my intermediate at best knowledge of the game) seems pretty shoe horned and I'm probably better off running 4 totems (w/ the multi-totem DPS loss) from a pure DPS perspective.

The tree I have for the most part follows this guide:

Passive Skill Tree - Path of Exile

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So I'm up to 82 on my Frostbolt Quad-Totem Hierophant. Gear is not even close to optimized, but I got some of the main pieces I need to clear Tier 7-8 maps pretty quickly, but honestly running around like a idiot while your totems are doing the work and some map bosses are a pain in the ass as its just more running around. Very unsatisfying game play at least to me. I'm thinking of dropping Ancestral Bond so I can actually cast some spells (mainly to kill bosses quicker). Any suggestions on a skill that will synergise decently without too much respeccing?

Anything I'm thinking of trying (with my intermediate at best knowledge of the game) seems pretty shoe horned and I'm probably better off running 4 totems (w/ the multi-totem DPS loss) from a pure DPS perspective.

The tree I have for the most part follows this guide:

Passive Skill Tree - Path of Exile
Roll a new character, Hierophant peaks around 80-85 and anything you can do, other ascendancies can do better.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone ever play a herald autobomber build? I don't think I'll reroll this league but maybe for next league.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm having a bitch of a time with map sustain. Pretty much since the beginning, but Korrupt Korrupt giving me like 50 of them made it less noticeable of a problem for ~8 extra levels. Basically I do high yellows and low reds and the drops I'm getting are like 90% shit 3-5 levels below what I'm doing. I'm about to the point where I can't sustain anything above T7 (I'm L88 now and not even gaining a level a night with no deaths).

My atlas is at like 60% currently, but afaik that's not even the problem since it's just for determining whether an equal level drop bumps up to a +1 or not. I could fill it out quite a bit more, just haven't gotten around to it since buying 1 map at a time is an unholy pain in the ass.

Not sure what else to do though; I run them all rare but not 20%. I don't bother alt-regaling or scouring to look for ideal mods, I just run what an alch gives me as long as it's not Temporal Chains, because fuck that shit, even ele reflect is less annoying. I've barely shaped anything because I'm still clinging to the dream that I might someday be able to set up at least one sextant block around Racecourse or Dunes. That shouldn't matter though, right? I should still get just as many Tx drops, but they'll just be normal maps?

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Roll a new character, Hierophant peaks around 80-85 and anything you can do, other ascendancies can do better.

Ugh...honestly, this validated what I'm starting to feel.

Now what to play...never even came close to Guardians/Shaper (true end game stuff) so might find a build to hopefully experience this content. At least I have a little currency saved up.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
299 chaos now...

49ee78e565e241b9e6d3653e4aa2dad7.jpg

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How should I be crafting the implicit armors (like the gloves with %damage done). I usually just slam em with an alch and toss if they are bad.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Don't use alch, use orb of binding. They're cheaper (I assume because they can't be used on maps) and they auto-4L the item. Even the ones I make that turn out to be junk still sell for a chaos or two.

Or if you're really into gambling, use essences (zeal on gloves, etc.).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm having a bitch of a time with map sustain. Pretty much since the beginning, but Korrupt Korrupt giving me like 50 of them made it less noticeable of a problem for ~8 extra levels. Basically I do high yellows and low reds and the drops I'm getting are like 90% shit 3-5 levels below what I'm doing. I'm about to the point where I can't sustain anything above T7 (I'm L88 now and not even gaining a level a night with no deaths).

My atlas is at like 60% currently, but afaik that's not even the problem since it's just for determining whether an equal level drop bumps up to a +1 or not. I could fill it out quite a bit more, just haven't gotten around to it since buying 1 map at a time is an unholy pain in the ass.

Not sure what else to do though; I run them all rare but not 20%. I don't bother alt-regaling or scouring to look for ideal mods, I just run what an alch gives me as long as it's not Temporal Chains, because fuck that shit, even ele reflect is less annoying. I've barely shaped anything because I'm still clinging to the dream that I might someday be able to set up at least one sextant block around Racecourse or Dunes. That shouldn't matter though, right? I should still get just as many Tx drops, but they'll just be normal maps?
Really it's just RNG. The first day or two in maps, I went up to t7, then got shit drops and was stuck running t3 (!) for a while. Eventually Zana and some trades smoothed it out, but yellows are always alch&go. Reds are worth chiseling and possibly rerolling with chaos or running a zana mod.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm to run or not to run a Crit/Vuln/ExtraLightning in T11. That is the question. 2 bubs from 91 which also nets me a new jewel socket. Can't reroll because of corrupted.

So far that's the only map mod combination that scares me as SR/RF. Even no regen I just load up on mana/health flasks and use scorching ray. -resists are barely noticeable. I'm just worried about one shot city mods and this is like the trifecta go fuck yourself mod roll. Temp chains is annoying but easily doable. I once had temp chains and frozen grounds and that was hell on earth.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

I'm kinda worried about this happening to me. I really hope I can keep rolling red maps without having to spend tons of currency maxing them out.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Hmm to run or not to run a Crit/Vuln/ExtraLightning in T11. That is the question. 2 bubs from 91 which also nets me a new jewel socket. Can't reroll because of corrupted.

So far that's the only map mod combination that scares me as SR/RF. Even no regen I just load up on mana/health flasks and use scorching ray. -resists are barely noticeable. I'm just worried about one shot city mods and this is like the trifecta go fuck yourself mod roll. Temp chains is annoying but easily doable. I once had temp chains and frozen grounds and that was hell on earth.

Personally when I get close to levelling I play it safe. If I were you I would run easy maps until you hit 91. Then when you hit 91, take on hard content where you don't mind dying, like your T11 map, uber lab, etc. No worse feeling than getting close to a level only to die and lose hours and hours worth of effort, especially once you get to the post-90 levels.