Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Kaom's is somewhat pricy, but it's still a hell of a lot cheaper than any of the 6L uniques. I love the build I'm playing and think it's easily the strongest one I've played in PoE to date, but I still wish I'd gone with a build that used a 6S Ngamahu and a Kaom. I'd have both of them now for far less currency than I've dumped into my Belly (which only just hit 5L for the first time after 500 fuses).
Jesus, next time buy 2, 5L one with Jeweller's touch, which is like 30-35c and throw fuses at the other. Maybe you will hit jackpot and be set for the rest of the league, or you will end up dirt poor, but at least you have the 5L

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'd have both of them now for far less currency than I've dumped into my Belly (which only just hit 5L for the first time after 500 fuses).

Couldn't you use Vorici's 5-Link Socket Recipe for 150 fusings? Vorici, Master Assassin

6L is 1,500 fusings, but honestly it might be worth paying that and save your sanity and/or rage quitting (sorta reminds of Black Desert crafting...)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Meh, I'm using the 5L now and I don't like it compared to 6L corrupted rare with life on it or even the TR I was using before that. People who say the 6th gem is a "luxury" are on fucking crack imo. I've never played a build where socketing that last support wasn't a massive dps increase.

I've got Mathil-HP but it's fine for yellows/most reds and uber lab is trivial enough. Edit: Actually I'd probably keep using the 5L Belly until I break it for lab, just because Izaro melts in a couple of seconds and my only worry is getting one-shot before I can even get Fortify up.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Couldn't you use Vorici's 5-Link Socket Recipe for 150 fusings? Vorici, Master Assassin

6L is 1,500 fusings, but honestly it might be worth paying that and save your sanity and/or rage quitting (sorta reminds of Black Desert crafting...)

It is almost always cheaper to not pay the crafting price. Its just sometimes you get unlucky.

Vorph

Yeah I think the Vorici prices are consistently about 50% more than the 'average' RNG, which imo is excessive on GGG's part to an extremely retarded degree. Sometimes the 5L prophecy can be worth using, but it's only good if you have a unsocketed/linked item and you're ok ending up with 5S5L rather than 6S5L.

And to be clear in my case, I was never shooting for the 5L to begin with. It was just a mention of how terrible my luck was that not only haven't I 6L'ed it, it was 500 fuses before I even saw my first 5L. At this point I guess you'd say I'm pot-committed, which as someone who never gambles I find very annoying to find myself saying. Selling the 5L and buying a new 40% Belly to start over with wouldn't even do me any good because the prices on it are so messed up now (or at least they were last night when I checked).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Wand builds don't need mirror tier rares at all, or anything near it, any more than you need a mirror tier bow to play a bow char.

Regal'd a 3t1 ammy a few mins ago and not sure if I should be sad or happy. T1 spell damage, t1 %fire damage, t1 %cold damage.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some people are happy having a build that can do maps....or bosses, I'm only happy if I can do both extremely well or I feel like I'm wasting my time trying to improve it.

I'm going to have to path of building up a life based phys wander and see what I can do.

Probably the worst choice I could make but maybe worth the headache.

Start off using bows and switch to wands eventually, I have an obliteration wand so that's a good start to work from.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Forum - Witch - [3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF - Path of Exile

Teach a noob how to fish~

I want to go firestorm/necro build like found in the bottom part of the link approve. Few questions
1) Gear wise that he shows, not sure if thats dated or not, any other critical items you would suggest trying to keep an eye out for that would improve on his list?
2) He has Cybil's paw, does the hp on attack apply to spells as well or just melee abilities? Does minion's attacks count as your own for that? If you just went 2 X scourage would you get double the minion buffs or not?
3) Is this a good viable end game build?

Vorph

You mean Days of Sacrifice IV? It's not, just someone showing how easy it is to manipulate the poe.ninja price of something.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When a Kaoms drops in your map that you invited one of your buddies too and goes to that buddy. Feelsfuckingrageman

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This isn't the first time in this league it's happened. Same thing, but with Baron Helm 2 days ago.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Just an fyi to the newer ppl. When you jeweler or fuse your item make it's 20% quality. There is an increased chance of socketing and linking when your item is 20% quality.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm about 200 jewellers deep on my debeon's dirge now, it's 5socketed 35ish times but it refuses to get 6. Feelsbadman.

Also, wtf did they do to sulphur waste boss. 93% extra lightning dmg on the map and he 1shot me (5100 hps) and then I got a guy from 820 and he got 1shot too (6500 life). Seems a bit silly to me that a T13 boss is 1shotting 6500 hps with only 1 damage mod on the map considering you can roll like 5 on the same map and it's not like he uses a huge telegraphed move like vaal smash or dominus smash that you can dodge.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Has anyone else's performance been shit on with 3.0? My FPS swings between 100+ to 30ish when I map or is that how it's always been?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know but ever since the latest patch when I close the game I get thrown like 100 exceptions that I have to hold enter through.