Path of Exile

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Problem is some players will hit the lotto re their atlas
You either reshuffle it every league and it stays the same for everybody, or you add something like tempests to the map which give you rotating bonuses. Turmoil's rotating leagues were pretty awesome if you weren't careful, Harbingers are a snoozefest comparably.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't see how that solves the problem, just unlock until you find the maps at the level that are best for grinding out, and reshape.

I think you and I see the problem in a different way. Shaping strats will always be a thing just because there will never be a balance in layouts. Right now for money making ,etc, your better off not shaping but as far as xp goes shaping will always be better. If you randomize the atlas you at least arnt putting the xp farmers on the same maps league in and league out.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
First sword ever!

screenshot-0007.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I dare not ask this on poe.reddit or help me on the official forums: how does the "hall of grandmasters" map work? If I'm closing in on those 3-pack NPCs they machinegun arcspam or whatever they masscast me from three screens away. Tried pizzasticks, tried SRS spamming, nada. I can not even get remotely close to some of these teams. I managed to kill some but never even emptied a whole wing.

Anyone experienced?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dare not ask this on poe.reddit or help me on the official forums: how does the "hall of grandmasters" map work? If I'm closing in on those 3-pack NPCs they machinegun arcspam or whatever they masscast me from three screens away. Tried pizzasticks, tried SRS spamming, nada. I can not even get remotely close to some of these teams. I managed to kill some but never even emptied a whole wing.

Anyone experienced?

Hall of Grandmasters follow the PvP ruleset (youll have to google it, i have no experience with it) with masters that were specifically designed by supporters to be ridiculous. By the end of all the chains, youll be running into packs of grandmasters like that. Only characters that can really do it are ones with cheesy ways or skills that havnt seen a lot of pvp balance yet.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

Anyone experienced?

Get gud ya fucking noob.

Last time I did the map was with srs but you almost have to build a build for just that map or buy a end kill. Pretty sure they still add a new exile like every patch since they were so behind for the past like 2 years.

Explosive arrow used to be really fucking great for that map.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Dont think they would be able to do it for each player. It would only be league to league.

I haven't touched standard for years, but I assume that would cause issues with migrating stuff. I do like the idea, but implementation of an approach they deem fair to all users, new and old, might be difficult.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hall of Grandmasters follow the PvP ruleset (youll have to google it, i have no experience with it) with masters that were specifically designed by supporters to be ridiculous. By the end of all the chains, youll be running into packs of grandmasters like that. Only characters that can really do it are ones with cheesy ways or skills that havnt seen a lot of pvp balance yet.

The main one that causes issues for most people is the Dyness tank exile, its got some insane regen and block. If youre looking for something that does HoGM easily you can use earthquake.

Trolled by a Grandmaster. What even is this guy? • r/pathofexile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Been theorycrafting with my dark pact build as I level up. MoM seems to be popular, but for this type of build, wouldn't a blasphemy and temp chains or enfeeble get you more effective HP?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got a T15 Beachhead by using a Harbinger's Orb on a T13 High Gardens map. I didn't even know that was possible, I thought I was going to have to Harbinger it twice and then spam Horizons hoping for the unique. Something to do with the fact that I haven't bothered completing any T12-T16 maps yet?

Last edited:

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been theorycrafting with my dark pact build as I level up. MoM seems to be popular, but for this type of build, wouldn't a blasphemy and temp chains or enfeeble get you more effective HP?
I apply curses via curse on hit rather than blasphemy, so I can run both enfeeble and MoM if I need to. Most of the time though I use assassin's mark because more DPS means more leech for the times you aren't savagely hit, which is when you are at the highest risk of dying. You'll notice this the most on high end bosses without many adds.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I got a T15 Beachhead by using a Harbinger's Orb on a T13 High Gardens map. I didn't even know that was possible, I thought I was going to have to Harbinger it twice and then spam Horizons hoping for the unique. Something to do with the fact that I haven't bothered completing any T12-T16 maps yet?

No. White maps of any tier have a chance to make the t5 version, yellow maps for t10 and red maps for t15. Last Mathil video I watched he was guessing it was somewhere around 1 in 10, Jonkimble seems to get them 1 in 2 and I haven't gotten a single one yet in who knows how many harbinger orbs since I haven't counted but it's been at least 20.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I apply curses via curse on hit rather than blasphemy, so I can run both enfeeble and MoM if I need to. Most of the time though I use assassin's mark because more DPS means more leech for the times you aren't savagely hit, which is when you are at the highest risk of dying. You'll notice this the most on high end bosses without many adds.
I've never been a huge fan of those types of setups. Encounter the boss and hit Vaal Haste, Vaal Lightning Trap, Wither Totem, Orb of Storms, etc. All the while the boss is pushing your shit in while you aren't leeching. Obviously, wither totem is too powerful to not use. But beyond that, I've found that doing anything that doesn't directly replenish your life or can be done from at least a half screen away, is asking to be gibbed.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

Same exact thing happened to me last night. I used a Harb orb on a T12 map and ended up with the Beachhead unique. I haven't done any research on it, but I'm assuming it's difficult, since it's a T15 unique map? Figure I'd tackle it once I'm up to T14/15 on the atlas (currently finishing up T13 maps).

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I was watching Pohx play, and the rate he identifies if something is bad or not and vendor is insane. Is he just looking to see if the item has life? I mean that's what I do, and I feel I'm pretty quick, but the life is always in a random spot and I can never really pinpoint it as fast as I'd like (at least not to the point this guy was doing it). I'm wondering if he is just looking at the items prefix and suffix names. How does that work exactly for determining what the names are going to be? Is it always the highest tier of prefix and suffix? If you have 2 T1 rolls what then determines it. Pretty weird shit to ask I know.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've never been a huge fan of those types of setups. Encounter the boss and hit Vaal Haste, Vaal Lightning Trap, Wither Totem, Orb of Storms, etc. All the while the boss is pushing your shit in while you aren't leeching. Obviously, wither totem is too powerful to not use. But beyond that, I've found that doing anything that doesn't directly replenish your life or can be done from at least a half screen away, is asking to be gibbed.

My curse on hit is linked to storm cascade, which I proc with whirling blades. So the boss will have the curse on before his attack animations even start. If you need time to set more stuff up, pop flasks. Never been gibbed in these type of situations ever. By putting curses via on hit instead of blasphemy, you can leave enough mana unreserved to have MoM be useful. And I'm whirling blades all the time so bosses will have 99% curse up time. EHP with curse + MoM > just curse or MoM.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't touched standard for years, but I assume that would cause issues with migrating stuff. I do like the idea, but implementation of an approach they deem fair to all users, new and old, might be difficult.

Judging by how Zanas maps are the same layouts but different tiers, i doubt migrating the maps would cause any trouble.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Could use some recommendations on my DP character.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Deathwing6

I realize he's a bit low level and still wearing a TR. But, I'm still a bit dismayed that with 1% leech and VP, my life still plummets when single target attacking a boss. I don't have many dps upgrades left: flat chaos damage wheels and maybe replacing brightbeak. But beyond that, I'm not see what else will improve my dps enough to break even on the health cost of DP. In fact, that will get worse as increased HP adds more to the cost than DPS.

I stuck my guy in PoB, leveled him to 90 and did the upgrades I mentioned above. Also replaced my TR with a 5L carcass jack. Without a wither totem, just barely breaking even on health to leach. This seems really silly. Am I forced to take MoM just to reduce the health costs of self casting DP until my DPS is nutso?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jonkimble Jonkimble Got a sword myself last night and think I'm going to roll all physical cyclone with the new physical gem + maim + brutality. Are you doing something with the sword for end game or just flipping?

RIP Nugi too saw he died at 98, that stings so bad poor guy