Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Dark Pact doesn't seem any better for bosses than any other skill I've watched in videos, even swapping a gem (which most skills seem to do these days). And RF looks unbearably slow to me on trash even in the ones where people have top gear. Maybe Spectral Throw has spoiled me; the trash clearing speed is almost as fast as Dark Pact--and frankly I could clear as fast as the DP videos I've watched if I too didn't care about picking up any loot--and it melts every map boss and uber Izaro in seconds with Slower Projectiles swapped. For shaped racecourse farming I don't even swap, since I can still kill all three bosses at once with GMP much faster (<10s) than one at a time.
The travel time and close-range aiming has always bothered me about ST. That instant you throw your weapon and you aren't leeching can be very lethal. Some mobs get on your sides outside of the cone, you can miss them easily. But, that aside, I don't think anyone has said ST isn't a tier 1 skill when geared and specced properly.

You might be right about RF. I'm still having doubts as to whether it IS slow, or just feels slow because you aren't doing any of the direct killing. I might just switch anyway, I miss me shatters. And that new gore herald looks fucking sweet.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm completely new to playing casters. What's some good leveling uniques? I want to use shield charge(or whirling blades is ok), so no wands.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm completely new to playing casters. What's some good leveling uniques? I want to use shield charge(or whirling blades is ok), so no wands.

Lifesprig is pretty good until you get your build going. I think there is a better wand as well but I can't remember the name of it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's what bothers me the most. Wands get really screwed when it comes to movement skills. I mean, well, basically anyone that can't use shield charge or whirling blades.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't even know what to try for an alt. Can't think of anything that would be strictly superior to ST for any particular role, at least without spending massive amounts of currency that I still don't have. More than anything I wish there was a way to equip my Bisco's Collar onto my current build and still keep resists capped and clear speed roughly the same. Seems like a tall order though, and my rare amulet isn't even that great.

Deathwing Deathwing Do the old "craft a +1 quartz scepter for leveling" trick? As long as you can dig up a decent shield it should be ok. Or just buy a rare dagger instead. I assume it's all pretty temporary anyway, since most people would switch to a TR as soon as they have 4-5 support gems worth using.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I'll just buy a TR if it comes to that. I'm just completely new to playing a caster, wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looking at your character names, you must have a lot of pent up sexual energy.

I express my sexuality through prepubescent xbox gamer tag names.

Also, my favourite part about Dark Pact is you can do literally every map mod except no leech.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That would be nice. I end up saving big pack size/super high quantity maps that have ele reflect until one of my sextants rolls players cannot take reflected damage. I'm not even sure why I can't do ele reflect, I can clear like a couple dozen packs or even harbingers with my leech vastly exceeding the amount of reflect damage I take ... and then I roll up on another one and just fall over dead for no apparent reason.

And no leech is right out too. Fortunately I haven't seen it roll on a single map this league. I was wondering if it was one of the ones that got removed from the pool.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I express my sexuality through prepubescent xbox gamer tag names.

Also, my favourite part about Dark Pact is you can do literally every map mod except no leech.

My friend has been killing it with DP. It's a pretty insane skill.

And WTF is with no regen rolling all the fucking time but I still haven't seen a no leech map. Vaal Pact considered dev meta obviously.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
My friend has been killing it with DP. It's a pretty insane skill.

And WTF is with no regen rolling all the fucking time but I still haven't seen a no leech map. Vaal Pact considered dev meta obviously.

No leach maps are crazy rare. I've seen maybe 3 or 4 out of 100s of red maps.

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
christ, lagged out while opening a box in the treasure room for obas at 94 ssf hc and died

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
my dumbest rip to date but i have sick leveling gear and a bank panel of 10t rolled maps that i intended for the 95-100 grind! REROLL TIME

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah with Dark Pact, it took me about 30 hours played and about 14 ex of gear(which isn't as much as you think since exalts are 40c) to have shaper on deathless farm status. Granted I'm very familiar and comfortable with the shaper fight and can probably do it deathless on any type of char with decent DPS. Other perks of Dark Pact:

- Pretty much designed for the Beachhead map.
- Damage is scaled from being tankier.
- There are other variations of the build that are just as good if not better, such as the Pledge/Kaom's chest, mine(Covenant/Rippling Thoughts+MoM), Carcass Jack+1h, dual apep's, crit/non-crit, totem dark pact, skele dark pact, totem skele dark pact, probably more.

Some cons:
- Smoke phase on Chimera really really really sucks with MoM.
- Bosses that don't *hit* you are pretty annoying(such as the Plaza boss). Granted with enough DPS you can out-leech her damage even without cloaked in savagery.
- Can't really level with it at all, as you don't do enough damage to outleech the 6% health cost except on very large packs.
- Life meta to the max, so shit is expensive when you're at end game gearing phase.