Path of Exile

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Judging by how Zanas maps are the same layouts but different tiers, i doubt migrating the maps would cause any trouble.

I don't mean changing the actual map levels is an issue - should be trivial. I mean the Atlas of Worlds itself - the placements, tiers, and connections. They migrate that to standard, and if league and an entirely different layout, they would have to figure out how to approach that. And with this being the internet, you can bet that people would be unhappy with the solution, no matter what they decide. I guess they don't want to deal with that, because a new atlas layout for each league would be great (if you disregard standard).

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I don't mean changing the actual map levels is an issue - should be trivial. I mean the Atlas of Worlds itself - the placements, tiers, and connections. They migrate that to standard, and if league and an entirely different layout, they would have to figure out how to approach that. And with this being the internet, you can bet that people would be unhappy with the solution, no matter what they decide. I guess they don't want to deal with that, because a new atlas layout for each league would be great (if you disregard standard).
Eh, fuck standard.

You can reroll it at the end of every league or at the beginning for everybody, but the maps as items stay the same. t15 map won't be suddenly t1, so it's only affected by sextants. Maybe only reshuffle maps within each tier so you don't end up with t1 core or something, but otherwise I fail to see any downsides.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I still like my scaling a bonus (up or down) iir/iiq based on global maps ran statistics idea, so you're always chasing the maps with a bonus.

People would probably rage though.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I still like my scaling a bonus (up or down) iir/iiq based on global maps ran statistics idea, so you're always chasing the maps with a bonus.

People would probably rage though.
That feels way too nebulous, especially when you are mostly after xp/h after 90. People would run zero drop maps if it gave the most xp and choosing between loot and xp is stupid, as shown by every game that gave you useful MF gear, D3 went through that phase ages ago.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
That feels way too nebulous, especially when you are mostly after xp/h after 90. People would run zero drop maps if it gave the most xp and choosing between loot and xp is stupid, as shown by every game that gave you useful MF gear, D3 went through that phase ages ago.

ya i hear ya. I guess just leave it and who cares, people can play how they want. I almost always unlock my whole atlas cause I like playing like that better, but it does suck when the flow of maps edges towards getting all shit red maps, which happens.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What about IIR/IIQ for opening chests in Lab? Worth getting a set?

Also I've never noticed how bad price fixing in this game is. How do you guys identify price fixing? How would you solve it?

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hard to solve. I'm currently trying to get as many exalts as I can, cause its hopefully going to go back to its usual price of 80+ at some point in the league. No idea if its going to work, but so far the price has stabilized between 38-40 chaos per which is what I am buying them for. I'll at least be not losing money doing this.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Eh, fuck standard.

I agree, but that's not gonna be the stance GGG takes on it. Standard is probably the reason they havent shuffled around the Atlas in the past - I hope they found a way to do it with that upcoming winter expansion.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
What about IIR/IIQ for opening chests in Lab? Worth getting a set?

Also I've never noticed how bad price fixing in this game is. How do you guys identify price fixing? How would you solve it?

Nope, I believe IIR/IIQ only affects mob drops.

Price fixing is a side effect of how much easier it is to play the market instead of hoping for drops, since everything is tradeable. All the people clamoring for trading improvements fail to realize it will only get worse if trading gets easier.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know a guide of how to use Path of Builing? Mainly on how to create custom rare items to compare DPS?

Caliane

Click items.
Craft item.

you can now select prefix and suffix, from the list.
after that, you can use the slider to adjust rolls. Or, go up to "EDIT" and manually enter in numbers.

The system is a basic text parse. So, you can use EDIT to actually add things not normal. extra mods, mods not typically gained from items. Example, when the frostblades unique jewel was teased, I wanted to test its effects on my dps. So, I edited my rings to add. "Damage Penetrates 15% Cold Resistance"
PoB reads and understands that string.

You can also do this, to add items from in game, etc. ctrl+c an item in game, "create custome" and ctrl+v in pob.

• 1Like

Caliane

You mean I hover over the item in my inventory and ctrl+c it?
yup.
or, in chat.

If its YOUR item, you can use the import function. which allows you to enter your account name, scan your characters. Then, select and import the entire character's skills, items, etc.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can also copy/paste from poeapp.com/poe.trade too if you want to see if something is actually an upgrade. Poeapp has a button, but you have to change rares back to rare because PoB imports them
as unique for some reason, and with poe.trade I guess you just select the item text. Not 100% sure, don't really use .trade anymore.

It amazes me how many claws people put up, even into the 15+ex range, that are dogshit compared to the one I bought for 2c. It's like--FFS people, even a 200 edps jump doesn't mean a damn thing if I've got to drop off the well-rolled IAS/CHD/CHC I have now.

Edit: You should also get AutoHotKey and PoE Trade Macro so you get extra benefits from ctrl-c (and ctrl-d / ctrl-alt-d). It was just updated to work even better in the last day or two.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Thanks guys for the help, it's an awesome program. I can play with it all day theory crafting. It also saves me tons of orbs trying to figure out which is the best combination.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Hard to solve. I'm currently trying to get as many exalts as I can, cause its hopefully going to go back to its usual price of 80+ at some point in the league. No idea if its going to work, but so far the price has stabilized between 38-40 chaos per which is what I am buying them for. I'll at least be not losing money doing this.

I think they'll stay around 38-40 for the vast majority of the league. I found 2 more the other day so i'm sitting on 4 atm, considering doing that triple blind amulet slam heheh.

You still need vaal temple? I finally hit one today, will be back from work around 11-11:30pm est.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone really familiar with various Cyclone builds? I want an alt to mess with for a while before I go back to the grind to 100, and I'm not sure if I'll like it or not so I'd like to start cheap and use Ngamahu's Flame with 6L Cyclone in my Belly. If it's fun, I'm hoping that the same skill tree can be used if I buy Atziri's Disfavour and Kaom's Heart since the core of it is still fire-based Cyclone.

Big question I guess would be which class/spec to choose. I'm leaning toward Slayer after looking at some characters on poebuilds.io, since I've never really played a Duelist at all before.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Anyone really familiar with various Cyclone builds? I want an alt to mess with for a while before I go back to the grind to 100, and I'm not sure if I'll like it or not so I'd like to start cheap and use Ngamahu's Flame with 6L Cyclone in my Belly. If it's fun, I'm hoping that the same skill tree can be used if I buy Atziri's Disfavour and Kaom's Heart since the core of it is still fire-based Cyclone.

Big question I guess would be which class/spec to choose. I'm leaning toward Slayer after looking at some characters on poebuilds.io, since I've never really played a Duelist at all before.
Mathil's old Ngamahu+Xoph's Flame cycloner still seems to be unbelievably strong. You can't really run a Kaom's with it though, unless you settle for 4l Cyclone. I believe he made it on Raider, since stat effect immunity is really nice and the movement speed bonuses make your clearspeed crazy.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

This is my current project, take a look and see if you see anything I can improve on point / gear wise. I am using a writhing jar flask to proc the Slayer %more damage after recently killing from the worms it tosses out, only thing that isn't in that pastebin. I want to test %shock jewels to see how well it works with the Shaper 2h as well once I hit 90 tonight. Crimson Dance seems to be worth it also, going to probably grab that keystone next and see how it feels.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lag or FPS or whatever the fuck I don't know. But this league is by far the worst I've ever experienced. I've never experienced it quite like this since the days of desync. Anyone been having the same problems? I'd like to know if it's me. I usually play out of Texas but lately I've been switching to DC back and forth. Doesn't really seem to help much. People tell me to go to Dx9 but I really don't want to do that.