Path of Exile

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Any build guides that don't include a Path of Building link I tend to yawn about. I read his guide and totally understand the whole "this ain't no build that PoB can calculate correctly" but JFC is you're spending hours to make videos and animations for the forum post just make a fucking PoB link.

/rant

* I reserve the right to call myself a dumbass if I missed the POB link in his thread.

Edit: Why is he not using gripped gloves?
His profile is public so it's really easy to get a PoB link.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
will be running an uber lab soon, need to just domy last trial , hopefully shows up in a map soon.
I have a buncha offerings so put ur name here if u want to join me when i run it, will friend you. Loot will be perm alloc most likely

Side question - anyonehave a good loot filter i can cut paste?

I am looking for one that shows all yellows + any 5/6links and 6 sockets. Also all currency and white jewelry

Nola

Trakanon Raider
will be running an uber lab soon, need to just domy last trial , hopefully shows up in a map soon.
I have a buncha offerings so put ur name here if u want to join me when i run it, will friend you. Loot will be perm alloc most likely

Side question - anyonehave a good loot filter i can cut paste?

I am looking for one that shows all yellows + any 5/6links and 6 sockets. Also all currency and white jewelry
Your one stop loot filter site. You can edit any loot filter to your liking.

FilterBlast: Get Your Path of Exile Item Filter

Last edited:

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
New content schedule.
Forum - Announcements - Upcoming Content Schedule - Path of Exile
We're currently nine weeks into the Harbinger Challenge League and this may have you wondering how long you have left to complete your challenges and what's happening from now until our next expansion launches. Our plans and dates are coming into alignment so we wanted to keep you in the loop about what to expect for the rest of 2017.

Our next expansion (Content Update 3.1.0) will likely launch on Friday December 1st (PST). This is a full-sized Path of Exile content expansion that will also be accompanied by a new challenge league. There won't be a Beta for this expansion as it's roughly the same size as other recent expansions like Ascendancy and Atlas of Worlds. We plan to release the Xbox One version of this expansion as close to the PC one as possible (likely one week after).

You can expect the full announcement of the 3.1.0 expansion around three weeks before its release which means that yes, teasers will start in the coming weeks! A hint for those of you in the know: the challenge league name can be found on that familiar list ;)

This means that the new league and expansion are still 8 weeks away, but don't fret, there will be plenty to do in the meantime! The Harbinger League will end seven weeks from now at Nov 27, 2017 3:00 PM (This is displayed in your local time). This makes it a bit longer than our typical thirteen-week challenge league, but we will be returning to our standard length with the launch of the next league.

If you've already finished your challenges and you're looking for something to tide you over until the launch, we will be running some events in the last month of the Harbinger league. We haven't locked these in yet, but at this point it's looking likely to be a series of one-to-two week events.

We'll be announcing these events next week!

Posted by Bex_GGG
on Oct 8, 2017 9:05:39 PM
Grinding Gear Games

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
So decided to try out PoE, though I sitll want to call it Plane of Earth.

Anyway any tips for a beginner? I started it and ran around for a while. I got several "quest" that say go here, but no idea where here is. I got to lvl 8 or whatever they call it just wandering around. The world map has a bunch of round little circles on it and some have ? in it but no idea how to get there. Also any thing in settings to turn on the name of where you are? I went from area after area just killing crap but never knew what area I was in after I zoned in.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hit tab to toggle area name, it'll be in the top right. The game is fairly linear so just going from zone to zone is really all you need to do to progress. Most side areas just have a quest for a passive point or rare/flask. Even though the zones are procedural generated they have patterns that you'll recognize over time.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Visit the PoE forums:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum

The game is pretty overwhelming for new players, you can easily find yourself stuck and unable to progress if you just randomly fill out the skill tree. There a lot of good information in there. There is no "best build", go with whatever playstyle you like. Don't worry about re-speccing or starting over, it's fairly painless and easy.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So decided to try out PoE, though I sitll want to call it Plane of Earth.

Anyway any tips for a beginner? I started it and ran around for a while. I got several "quest" that say go here, but no idea where here is. I got to lvl 8 or whatever they call it just wandering around. The world map has a bunch of round little circles on it and some have ? in it but no idea how to get there. Also any thing in settings to turn on the name of where you are? I went from area after area just killing crap but never knew what area I was in after I zoned in.

10 part series for beginners. Find builds on the class forums.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Went thru all the settings and for some reason my map you turn on with TAB was set to max invisiblity. I kept hitting tab and no map ever showed lol. That was the biggest issue, getting around with nothing but the minimap. Fixed now.

Borzak

Leave it to me to find the bugs lol. Tried my first labryth run and somehow I got stuck on top of one of spinning blade deals using leap and I just went around and around the path with the blade. Down one way and back over and over and I couldn't get off. I did a town portal but the portal stayed in one spot and I tried to click it as I went by it, no luck. I wish I had been recording it. To add insult to injury I kept bleeding. I finally quit flasking to heal up so I would die and get out.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Yeah I really didn't expect to finish it since it was my first one, but things went pretty well. But it was pretty entertaining watching yourself go around the track of the blade down and back. At first I thought it was just part of the lab deal, but nope.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Labyrinth is really easy these days, you should be able to oneshot it easily on normal, as long as you don't completely ignore gear/stats/skills

Borzak

Yeah I don't have build other than click here and there as I go and whatever loot I pick up. Figured I'd go along till I learned some stuff and then do a real character and focus. Picked a maraurder because I figured it would be easier to start with, maybe not but most of these type of games the pure melee guy is usually the easiest to start with. The video series Chimney posted was pretty good for a total beginner.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think path is the exception to melee being easier. In all other arpg's I always went melee and absolutely hated casters. This is the first game I preferred caster over melee. It's also a smoother advancing process as you're not tied to finding a good melee weapon.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Borzak if u are on harbinger soft core let me know. Am relatively noob myself but am 87 now and have a ton of gear and superior quality gems If u need any.
Just cleared uber lab with izaro fully buffed only cuz I don't know what I'm doing and now realiZe I can debuff him. Glad I got my asendancy points but sucks knowing I have to chain run that to get the helm enchant I want.
Fighting him is still kinda scary for me, atleast on uber labs. One mess up on a mechanic and I can get one or two shot and the offering is wasted.

I'm semi checked out tho since this league is already kinda bloated and I got a late start. Looking forward to rushing in the next league, maybe I can beat my 5 yr exalted drought

Borzak

Thanks for the offer. I am on Harbinger but I'm just messing around with it. I looked up some builds and am going to work that way and just mess around to get a feel for the next "seas" or whatever they call it with PoE.

How does trade work on PoE trade? I found how to sort, find an item. But how does the actual trade go?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
When you find the item you want, just click the "whisper" link from the person you want to buy it from and it will copy an in-game whisper text that you past into your chat box.