Path of Exile

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So is anyone else going to be doing either of the races? And what fast leveling specs are you planning on doing?

I'm thinking of trying out a pathfinder wand barrage build myself.
Summoners are generally ez, keep in mind there's going to be fuckton of extra mobs and mods, so you need something with really solid clearing speed throughout. I'm not sure if I'm going to jump in.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They do mention it doesn't work well with what they planned for 3.1, so I guess they're doing some mapping/endgame changes with that. It's a full "expansion" patch so should have some new big features I guess, and now that they just reworked all of the leveling, they can focus on reworking endgame and what not.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
They do mention it doesn't work well with what they planned for 3.1, so I guess they're doing some mapping/endgame changes with that. It's a full "expansion" patch so should have some new big features I guess, and now that they just reworked all of the leveling, they can focus on reworking endgame and what not.
TBH 3.0 content could use extra polish pass, but the focus should definitely be on endgame. I hope we see some shuffling for Atlas, since it starts to feel quite stale, maybe an extra boss

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Oh good, I get to spend 1500 chisels to unlock my atlas next league again, nice! Horizon/harbinger orbs were the best 2 orbs they put in for anyone who actually wants to unlock the fucking atlas instead of just run 800000 of the one shaped map they build for.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I guess because I'm a new player and slowly doing the storyline for the first time I'm different than most PoE players nowdays. I am not a fan of the shards, I didn't realise they were new in harbinger. I guess it's a positive I get a crap load of shards that eventually make an orb but not having a currency tab yet (waiting for a sale again) I have nearly a full tab of shards/orbs now. I kill something and I get 20 shards.

In actual big game news I'm upt to 72 and act 8 woo hoo big time lol. For the most part nothing really presents anything of a challenge except the bosses and most of them would not be a challenge if I had done them before and knew the way each one worked. Got my 2nd set of ascendancy points not sure about the 3rd set.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Shards are terrible and I'm glad they are gone. Looking forward to whatever they do with maps, the density nerf for 3.0 killed a lot of my hype for this league. Just ready for whatever is next.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I guess because I'm a new player and slowly doing the storyline for the first time I'm different than most PoE players nowdays. I am not a fan of the shards, I didn't realise they were new in harbinger. I guess it's a positive I get a crap load of shards that eventually make an orb but not having a currency tab yet (waiting for a sale again) I have nearly a full tab of shards/orbs now. I kill something and I get 20 shards.

In actual big game news I'm upt to 72 and act 8 woo hoo big time lol. For the most part nothing really presents anything of a challenge except the bosses and most of them would not be a challenge if I had done them before and knew the way each one worked. Got my 2nd set of ascendancy points not sure about the 3rd set.
Wait how are you lvl 72 in act 8 ? I think I always made it to maps before hitting 66-68 :D
You generally want to do the third lab before finishing story, since that gives you another -all res debuff, so if you are maxed now, make use of it.
Just be happy you play the game with loot filters, but I agree the shards are just useless clutter.

Last edited:

Borzak

Wait how are you lvl 72 in act 8 ? I think I always made it to maps before hitting 66-68 :D
You generally want to do the third lab before finishing story, since that gives you another -all res debuff, so if you are maxed now, make use of it.
Just be happy you play the game with loot filters, but I agree the shards are just useless clutter.

Just taking my time and doing the story. I haven't crafted anything and only bought one item so far. So pretty ghetto. Berserker Sunder with about 10k dps and 3,500 hp. I could cut a lot of time off if I followed a guide or just went straight thru.

Caliane

basic shards were part of the game always.

Alchemy shards, scroll fragments, alteration shards, transmut shards.
splinters of* from breachs.

Harbringer brought a whole new slue of them though. for the new harbringer orbs, and a few old ones. regals, exalted, chaos got shards in harbringer.

all listed here.
Currency

Borzak

I just figured you got shards at the lesser difficulty/lower level stuff as opposed to getting a full orb later on.

Also I'm a pretty bad person. At the time I play mostly non English speakers. The one thing I bought I asked if they could make change cause I only had exalted orbs and they wanted X number of chaos orbs. Apparently "make change" is not a universal phrase. I bought a 6 socket linked the way I wanted chest piece and came out way way ahead in the "make change" process.

Last edited:

Ryanz

<Banned>
Today we have launched a beta version of pathofexile.com/trade, a trade site that has similar functionality to popular community sites. We have also augmented our Online API to take into account AFK players and those in DND mode. This functionality is available for all trade sites that consume this API and should help make trade results more accurate for everyone. Read the rest of this news post for information on pathofexile.com/trade, or click here to read our Trade Manifesto if you'd like to hear more about our philosophy behind trade in Path of Exile.

A small subteam have been working on pathofexile.com/trade for a year now, with the goal of creating a slick, fast experience that supports many of the features of other community trade sites:

• Search through item listings from the Public Stash API as well as linked items in trade threads from the forum.
  • An extensive set of filters to find that perfect item.
  • Automatic support for new mods and unique items as they are found in leagues.
  • Live-searches that notify you of matching items as they are listed by other players.
  • A trade-specific blacklist to hide item listings from abusive players.
  • Available in all the languages Path of Exile supports (English, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Thai, German, French and Spanish).

The goal of this site isn't to change how trading works, but to provide more options for our players. It doesn't really matter which site you use, but it does matter that there's always one available and in your language. We also hope that additional features we add over time help reduce certain frustrations related to trade. API changes like the AFK/DND information will of course be available for external trade sites to use.

Over the last few weeks we have invited some prominent community members to test this site, and have incorporated most of their feedback into the version you see today. It's still a beta, so please let us know more feedback in this thread!

For more information about our philosophy behind trade in Path of Exile, we invite you to read the Trade Manifesto.
Posted by Bex_GGG
on Nov 2, 2017 5:52:19 PM
Grinding Gear Games

Borzak

When people talk of 1 million dps (1 meelion dps, puts pinky in corner of mouth) is that ultimate glass cannon one shot trick ponies or is there something to that?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You can hit 1M dps with a few skills quite easily. Molten Strike, Blade Vortex, Blade Flurry, Barrage. No build that centers on those build is necessarily a glass cannon but neither are they tanky.

Other skills can hit that mark too, but require more gear investment.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Glass cannon is kind of a goofy term in PoE anyways. Gear can make such an insane difference depending on the plateau you are looking to reach. From my experience playing significantly more recently, following a build you find online can really show you the difference between feasible and optimal.

Borzak

Did the 3rd ascendancy lvl 68 lab. Not a huge fan of labs. Did it on the first attempt, the boss at least till this lvl has been a case of stand there even on the traps and he goes down in 30 seconds or less. Did it before the resist reduction in act 10 like someone mentioned earlier, done with act 10 now too.

This is the build I followed.

Forum - Marauder - [3.0] [HSC] Berserker Sunder - (Starter/Budget/End Game/HC Viable) - All Boss Down (With Videos) - Path of Exile

Got the offhand sword in a drop. Might buy the primary so I can run artic armor and hatred at same time, now I have to just run artic armor all the time. I also have lvl 14 haste on the boots, not sure if that's worth using or not yet but I would need the primary axe to use it in conjunction with artic armor and such.

Borzak

And yes you're old school EQ when you still refer to life leech as life tap, even tho I was never a necro.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So is anyone else going to be doing either of the races? And what fast leveling specs are you planning on doing?

I'm thinking of trying out a pathfinder wand barrage build myself.

These races were awesome and deadly the first time, should be fun again.

Borzak

What do you do with jewels that are totally wrong for your build besides not just pick them up?