Path of Exile

Caliane

spell cascade should effect volatile dead.
And, desecrate, if I am reading them correctly. cascaded desecrate should create 9 bodies. (necro=15. helm enchant more. however, cascade+desecrate+trap+clustertrap, should also be a crazy 36 bodies.. per throw, on trap CD.)
Spell cascade volatile dead should pop 9 bodies at once, at level 1.

spells I think spell cascade will effect.
bladefall, cold snap, dact pact, firestorm, flameblast?, frsot bomb, frost wall, glacial cascade, ice nova?, lightning warp, orb of storms, storm call, vortex?

I cant tell if trap/mines will work.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm doing my detonate dead/fire crit build again next big new season, whether its great or not

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
spell cascade should effect volatile dead.
And, desecrate, if I am reading them correctly. cascaded desecrate should create 9 bodies. (necro=15. helm enchant more. however, cascade+desecrate+trap+clustertrap, should also be a crazy 36 bodies.. per throw, on trap CD.)
Spell cascade volatile dead should pop 9 bodies at once, at level 1.

bladefall, cold snap, dact pact, firestorm, flameblast?, frsot bomb, frost wall, glacial cascade, ice nova?, lightning warp, orb of storms, storm call, vortex?

Well traps already work with desecrate and detonate dead, there was a build like that before they made detonate not reflect damage since otherwise you'd kill yourself. I think that's going to be the issue with selfcast, the explosions do less than detonate, but it's still a lot of damage on reflects, especially if you're using cascade to detonate a bunch of corpses at once.

That's why I mentionned traps before, I think trappers will be safer for this. Maybe self cast with elementalist for the reduced reflect dmg. With no vaal pact though shit looks rippy as fuck if you do say Beyond or whatever other mods with high density and potential spawning mobs.

Cascade definitely looks like it'll have some interesting uses though, the penalties look harsh but if you can get overlapping circles, it's pretty potent and it increase the effective aoe of stuff quite a lot.

Caliane

yeah. the lack of "immune to reflect", is conspicuous.

These skills dont seem to gain anything from necro, so I would go elementalist for fire DR, and 50% reflect reduc anyway.
Ash frost and storm was noted as being only 3 passives in 3.1, instead of 4. that 10% reflect reduction, would be a bit more attainable.

lack of immune to reflect, and change to ash frost and storm could hint at changes to reflect in general.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Targetted aoes, so no dark pact, glacial cascade, ice nova or vortex.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Any suggestions for a build I might can practice/get an idea on for the next league. I know a lot is in the air but I'm still learning the different classes of biulds and such. I did a beserker VP Sunder build to 92 and got just over 1/2 half way on the mapping.

Anyway looking for something a little more caster oriented and possibly some more movement or AOE based. The bonuses of the beserker/VP/Sunder build was I face tanked everything. I watched several streams where a lot of dancing around on bosses and was totally different from what I had done. I did notice some of them took a little longer to kill a boss but would clear trash much faster.

Not a fan of the minion builds however.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you want a safe bet Id try an Essence Drain caster. Its been powerful every league for a while now, safe from reflect going forward, good vs bosses, etc.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah Essence Drain and Scorching Ray are both pretty decent atm, SR takes a little while before it takes off. Dark Pact is strong too with the berseker leech.

Borzak

I'm going to look into the essense drain. Heard a few things about it, and seen some streams listed doing ED. What ascendancy is good for that or class? Sorry noob question but the forums are separated into class discussions. Witch?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm going to look into the essense drain. Heard a few things about it, and seen some streams listed doing ED. What ascendancy is good for that or class? Sorry noob question but the forums are separated into class discussions. Witch?

2 options. Witch Occultist is better for bossing while a Shadow Trickster is probably the better bet for map clearing.

Occultists reduce enemy chaos resistance which will be a big boost to damage while tricksters get attack speed and frenzy charges from the ascendancy which makes movement skills easy to use.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Essence Drain and Scorching Ray are both pretty decent atm, SR takes a little while before it takes off. Dark Pact is strong too with the berseker leech.
I wouldn't recommend berserker self cast DP with what they're doing to VP next league. It's quite painful leveling up and is still a non-insignificant downside(oops, just cast 2+ times onto no targets, there goes 12-24% of my life!) after getting VP and enough damage to offset the 6% life cost. Is the VP change going to completely kill self cast DP?

Borzak

Yeah I did berserker VP sunder this time around as a new player. Worked out really well and was relatively cheap and easy to play. I think I have a total of 2 ex invested in my gear and do well. Just looking for something with a different approach. The biggest drawback I had to the zerker/vp was kill everything pretty quickly and go "oh look that's nice it's all dead" then realise I had nothing to leech off of and die to whatever seconds after everything else died lol, before I hit the flask.

Gonna look at some builds and maybe do a quick practice. I "think" going up might go quicker this time since I ran all the quest and followed the story the first time. Gonna look at Trickster, I saw a stream of someone running a trickster that looked nice, but he didn't have his build info public.

Thanks. And oh yeah died at 92 today at 93%. Sucks.

Also the name Borzak must mean something in Russian. I used that name on my zerker. 100% of my sales have been to people who chat back in Russian other than the copy/paste whisper to buy the item. I'll say "thank you" or whatever and get several lines of Russian. Odd. Apparently they are wanting to have a conversation in Russian or whatever. I would say possible RMT lol cause I've sold some stuff way way over priced and have recently put stuff up for sale incredibly high to see if it would sell, and have sold them to Russian speakers.

Also strongbox had half dozen or more gems that were between levels 15 and 20. I'm not really sure what one would do with them. If you needed that gem seems like you would have leveled them up as you went. Maybe I'm missing something.

Last edited:

Ryanz

<Banned>
2Mq53f2Pwm4T-keDRl-mt2sdS72KhKMQxvxiQagqwps.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Which supporter pack did you buy this time, Ryanz?

Killing time between races, tried some S12 in D3, couldn't do it. Is it really just that it's hard to get into a game that has no dev support behind it? Also found myself thinking combat wasn't as "meaty" as it is in PoE. Screen shakes and thumps for crits, shatters(god, love me some shatters), clearing screens. I think I'm done with D3.

Borzak

I played D3, but after a while you kind of tire of ohh soandso skill went up 2% this season and another down 2% and now they seem like they are rotating around from the past. So builds from 2 years ago are new. Meh.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
D3 was really fun for a long time but it just feels like an arcade game now or something along those lines. I'm playing it until the Mayhem race on Friday and it just feels so uninvolved.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Which supporter pack did you buy this time, Ryanz?

Killing time between races, tried some S12 in D3, couldn't do it. Is it really just that it's hard to get into a game that has no dev support behind it? Also found myself thinking combat wasn't as "meaty" as it is in PoE. Screen shakes and thumps for crits, shatters(god, love me some shatters), clearing screens. I think I'm done with D3.

Haha -- I think I remember making a "Hey check PoE out inbetween D3 seasons" post in the D3 thread a few years ago and you blasted me with "if we wanted to play that shit game then we would be."

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Haha -- I think I remember making a "Hey check PoE out inbetween D3 seasons" post in the D3 thread a few years ago and you blasted me with "if we wanted to play that shit game then we would be."
While I do not doubt I said that, I don't specifically remember it either!

It's harder to see once you're past the hurdle, but PoE's new player experience was very clunky. Still kinda is.