Path of Exile

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Original DD was so much damage, the ignites were insane from it even without the proliferation. If they make the skill relevant again as a boss killer that would be awesome. Was my second favorite iteration of a skill behind the old Cast on Crit.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Forum - Announcements - The Abyss Challenge League - Path of Exile

Abyss league announcement.

Jewels are not corrupted. can be chaos's presumably.
not sure on abyss sockets on gear, and skill gem interactions.

Challenges and Rewards
The Abyss League includes a set of 40 new challenges. When you complete 12 challenges, you receive the Abyss Helmet skin. At 24, you receive the Abyss Wings. When you complete your 36th challenge, you receive the Abyss Portal effect. These microtransactions are exclusively available in the Abyss League.

From the 19th challenge onwards and for every third challenge after that, you receive pieces of an Abyss Totem Pole decoration to display in your hideout. The Totem Pole permanently showcases how many of the Abyss challenges you completed during this league.
Challenge rewards sound nice. helmet for 12. wings for 24. portal for 36.

No mention of abyss supporter packs.

edit: bex replied on abyss packs.
bex_ggg said:
We haven't set a date for the Abyss League Packs yet. They won't be available before this weekend. However, any points packs you purchase since we launched the War for the Atlas Packs can also be used in an upgrade to the Abyss Supporter Packs. That means, if you purchase points now (or for the Black Friday Sale) you can use them to upgrade to your Abyss packs. The other usual upgrade rules still apply.

Last edited:

Ryanz

<Banned>
I know people are wanting Abyss to be Breack 2.0 but my concern is that once you activate an Abyss crack how badly is that going to make you go off course while grinding in maps. What if you activate it and it starts cracking backwards from where you've already cleared mobs? I guess I have to see how the mechanics for it work.

Caliane

I know people are wanting Abyss to be Breack 2.0 but my concern is that once you activate an Abyss crack how badly is that going to make you go off course while grinding in maps. What if you activate it and it starts cracking backwards from where you've already cleared mobs? I guess I have to see how the mechanics for it work.
oh, no. I think we all agree, its going to be a pain in the ass. Backtracking. Waiting for the mobs to spawn like those stupid "stream of monsters" strongboxes.

Caliane

Best use for that 5l ring is for a COH setup I think. particularly occultist.
orb of storms, coh+3 curses. otherwise an occultist with 3 or 4 curses, needs 5 or 6l staff, in addition to chest. 5l ring lets you use dagger/shield, or wands.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Liking the trickster ED/MoM so far. Finished act 10. So far things seem to happen much slower than the zerker VP. Since I got MoM "oh look I'm at no health" or almost no health and have time to flask and such. The zerker was good, till it wasn't good and it went not good instantly.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
btw re our conversations about pushing people towards running a varaitey of maps. I think these atlas changes are friggen brilliant for that aspect of it.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Is there a newbie guide anyone recommends? Any builds for people who love sword/board?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7GqFLebBU8inlrcqTZFXtIwP362XrdNe

Pretty good series.

Keep an eye on these youtubes:

Mathil
ZiggyD
Zizarian
Alkaizer

Almost all of em will put together a pre league video of the best 'starter' (newb) builds shortly before the league starts (dec 8).

1h / shield duelist gladiator using sunder would probably be the best bet for 'sword and board' for a new player. Boss kill speed is a little lacking but it's crazy defensive. There's a couple good guides for this specific build in the duelist forum. Reading through builds and watching the build videos (almost all good builds will have accompany videos) are the best way to get an idea of what you may want to play.

Typically everyone makes a starting 'cheap' newb character to farm up currency and once they have some moneys reroll a more specialized build.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
YOU my friend are a god among men. Thanks.

NP love helping players into a game like this. It's really not as bad as it seems when you first jump in but you'll definitely have a sense of being overwhelmed, just ignore it and enjoy the process. Once the league starts drop your game name in here for a guild invite. Always active chat after league start with people helping each other out ect. Probably dead right now but will be popping dec 8th.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
NP love helping players into a game like this. It's really not as bad as it seems when you first jump in but you'll definitely have a sense of being overwhelmed, just ignore it and enjoy the process. Once the league starts drop your game name in here for a guild invite. Always active chat after league start with people helping each other out ect. Probably dead right now but will be popping dec 8th.

Yeah it's normally like 20-40 people on 24/7 for the first few weeks and the gear changes quick so there are always upgrades and groups!