Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Forgot to mention. You can buy a lot of the gear isntead of having it drop. Go to PoE Goods and search for gear. A lot of low lvl stuff will be 1 alchemy orb or whatever. Click the whisper this player and it puts it on your clipboard. Go to game and in chat paste it. It will whisper to that player what you want. Then after some time (sometimes not) they will invite you to their party. Accept invite. Right click their portrait, travel to hideout. They'll find the item and start a trade, accept, and look at the item and hit accept after you put the currency in the trade window. Waypoint out. Pretty easy assuming they are not afk, or otherwise busy and don't respond.

Make sure you search with a max lvl and your stats at a minimum to be sure you can use it. The rest depends on what you are looking for.

And vendor recipes. You can vendor 3 small life flask to get a medium, 3 mediums to get a large, same for mana ones and other stuff. 3 tier 1 maps to get a tier 2, 3 tier 2's to get a tier 3. Put them up in the sell window and it will show you what you get, just to make sure before hitting accept.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I used this build once and loved it.
EE's version of that using Molten Strike for boss killing is easily the best build I've ever played. Something like 140-150 balls per second for around 60-65M Shaper dps once it's all maxed out.

I'm actually pretty disappointed that I wasted the build on a season with such a shitty gimmick as Harbinger. Now I'm torn between playing it again and maybe getting bored earlier than usual, or switching to a different build and maybe giving up because it cannot remotely compare to Ngamahu's strength. Guess I'll just start with a shit-gear uberlab runner and flip a coin or something once I see how much currency I have after the first week.

• 1Solidarity

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Game has a quite a few "cheap" boss fights. Forced damage unless you have a certain amount of speed. I am forced to take a skill gem like blink lets say just to survive...drives me crazy. Especially at low levels. That Sin fight and the fire totem guy are just corny. I really don't want to waste the little resources/money I have on an early/mid game fight.

Good god the randomness of the loot is asinine also. I have literally gotten ZERO items that I would use toward a build I would want. I'm forced to build around the good items that have dropped. Again, wasting resources if I want to change said item that I won't use long enough in leveling seems meh. Collecting items/gear with the intention of building a second character that I would want to play seems how this will go for me. Is there a central location that people trade from? An auction house?

Couple questions.

• Support gems effect everything on an item as long as it's connected in some way? OR does it need to be DIRECTLY connected to the gem I want supported?
  • Let's call them support trigger gems. A gem that says if I take damage, it will trigger a spell? It tells me what it WON'T trigger. But can it trigger a mele ability or a curse? So much happening on screen, I can't tell.
  • How the FUCK do I get the mini map up in the right hand corner? It's full overlay or nothing with tab.
  • Should I be looking at stats or gem slots/connections on gear? I have a few white items that suck ass stat wise with 5/6 connected slots.
  • Are there elemental resist gems, or am I looking for those stats on gear?
  • Are there entire skill tree resets available? I have those 1 point thingys...but I'm balls deep in some trees those are useless.
  • I'm level 50. When do I see orange drops? Or am I still in that purple/yellow phase of the game?
  • Can I equip the same skill gem on different slotted gear, and have a different support gem for that skill? So a leap gem in my head and a leap gem in my boots. One gem with stun support, another with lets say health siphon for enemies hit.

Thanks in advance.
Alright, there have been enough helpful people here, so I'll be the smug ass.

The only cheap boss fight really is the last Kitava fight, the rest can be easily played around, the first time you go in, you will probably get your ass handed to you, but the game gives you enough tools that eventually you will be able to run through the story blindfolded. There are enough things to max out your resists like auras and bismuth flasks when it really matters, the rest of the time you can generally dance around the attacks. Same goes for movement, I can't imagine doing the story without 2x quicksilver flasks. As far as items go, you want offense on your weapon and defense everywhere else, at least when leveling and literally every build levels with +life/resists these days. So you are just looking at the wrong stats. White shit with good links deserves to be alched, sometimes you will get trash, but your skills are the primary source of your damage, along with your weapon, so you need to weigh them carefully.

I also have a feeling you didn't ascend, because ascended classes up your damage output by a solid margin.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Alright, there have been enough helpful people here, so I'll be the smug ass.
Aaaand you need to be smug because? Outside my silly ass map question, the rest of them are legit. This game has a very steep learning curve if you are new to it. Christ I still have no idea what materials are valuable to other players yet.

The only cheap boss fight really is the last Kitava fight, the rest can be easily played around, the first time you go in, you will probably get your ass handed to you, but the game gives you enough tools that eventually you will be able to run through the story blindfolded.
That would be great, if I you know, ran faster than molasses. I CLEARLY see the mechanic, but my boots were made for walking. PLUS, WTF wants to run around for 20 minutes to kill a damn mid level boss?

There are enough things to max out your resists like auras and bismuth flasks when it really matters, the rest of the time you can generally dance around the attacks. Same goes for movement, I can't imagine doing the story without 2x quicksilver flasks.
Playing 1 day. Just getting thru the story. WTF are quicksilver flasks.

As far as items go, you want offense on your weapon and defense everywhere else, at least when leveling and literally every build levels with +life/resists these days. So you are just looking at the wrong stats.
This is the type of good info I needed. Clearly I am looking at the wrong stats.

White shit with good links deserves to be alched, sometimes you will get trash, but your skills are the primary source of your damage, along with your weapon, so you need to weigh them carefully.
Again, good info. I figured this, but was not sure, since I didn't have many alchemy gems and did not want to waste them on early gear.

I also have a feeling you didn't ascend, because ascended classes up your damage output by a solid margin.
Nope...clearly did not. How do I do this?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You ascend by doing all the trials of ascendancy in the various act zones. There's a plaque in the act 3 city that lists where they're at. Once you do them all you can run the labyrinth and when you kill the boss you can pick one of the 3 ascendancies for you class.

Also, download path of building, this will let you play with the skill tree, uniques/items, skill gem set ups, etc

Quicksilver flasks are flasks that increase your movespeed by x% for 4-5 seconds per use. Also, boots can roll movement speed as a bonus, from 5 to 30%. So for boots, movespeed is pretty much a required roll for a "good" pair of boots, I'd take movespeed over resists in most cases.

Caliane

yeah, the game is so stacked with systems at this point, its very hard to get a handle of whats important, as a new player. And a great many, are often a bit archaic and not upfront on things.

you'll be amazed how trivial those "cheap" bosses become as you get better, and more knowledgeable.

Movespeed is generally not desired to dodge attacks, same with movement skills. its desired just becuase OMG its sooo sloooooow without it. more exp/hour..
Blink arrow I think is the only one to actually dodge attacks.

new player/league priorities. 20% or better movespeed boots. and yes, better other stats are rarely better, then good old movespeed boots, until possibly specialization later.
quicksilver flask as noted. tidal island quest at the very start. then act 2 den? lets you get quicksilvers as quest rewards.
Life on all armors. resists next. try to cap resists before act4 end. be sure to up them again post act5 resist loss.
ideal SOCKETS, over good stats on gear. do not waste fusings. chromatics are ok to use. Do be aware of the socket color biases. (socket color is weighted to the stat requirements of items. str=red, dex=green, int=blue. ES items, with high int req, will more likely get blue sockets) this sockets vs stats transitions as you go. in maps, and with a warchest of fusing/chromatics. good stats becomes more important, unless we are talking 5 or 6 LINKS.
Alch and chaos while leveling very sparingly. no more then 5 till 75.

If, you are going to use the AH you can throw out some of that advice, and just buy BIS items...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I'll start over NP. Hook me up son!
aight I'm working nights this weekend and I get home around 4am cst. I'm sure you'll be sleeping by then but I usually stay up for an hour or two before going to sleep. If I don't see you online in the morning I'll catch up with you after I wake up. I can hook you up with an exalt two worth of gear to get you started. I got so much shit in my stashes it's not even funny.

• 1Solidarity

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You ascend by doing all the trials of ascendancy in the various act zones. There's a plaque in the act 3 city that lists where they're at. Once you do them all you can run the labyrinth and when you kill the boss you can pick one of the 3 ascendancies for you class.

Also, download path of building, this will let you play with the skill tree, uniques/items, skill gem set ups, etc

Quicksilver flasks are flasks that increase your movespeed by x% for 4-5 seconds per use. Also, boots can roll movement speed as a bonus, from 5 to 30%. So for boots, movespeed is pretty much a required roll for a "good" pair of boots, I'd take movespeed over resists in most cases.

Thank you.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Thank you.
I can carry you through all the labs including uberlab to get your ascendancy points. My cyclone build makes them trivial.

Also here is another Ngamahu cyclone build you can try. Very detailed and inexpensive to do most if not all of end game content. Think this will be much better than the other one I linked. You only require 1 piece of gear which is the axe that I have for you. You can use this build farm to get gear for other builds.

Forum - Duelist - [3.0 Updated] For Slayer - Ngamahu Cyclone Build (Very Cheap. Easy Uber Lab Full Key Runs) - Path of Exile

Last edited:

Borzak

That special feeling when you take a 3 socket 159 int required item and look up the chances to get 3 red. Instead of artisan crafting it for 120 chromo you try 3 chromatic orbs cause you have them inventory - and get it lol. Now I'll be walking around with the unlucky on me the rest of the league.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any ideas on how much this would go for(on standard)?

screenshot-0011.jpg

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
100ex, maybe even double judging by a glance at poe.trade. I'd start at 300 and see when somebody bites.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If I'm not mistaken all types of explosions stack, its only if the skill destroys or consumes a corpse will it prevent a bleed/shatter explosion.

Borzak

Really liking the trickster ED/MoM. The only dead I desparately need to work in my technique. The face tanking from the zerker is not good obviously. I don't know why but like a moth to a flame I can't stop wanting to face tank.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I really hope Abyss can come close to Breach. Mayhem's been quite fun farming open maps with breaches. Getting a breaches map and a zana mission that is breached as well is like half hour of fun monster slogging. I'd forgotten just how packed those fuckers can be.

And on that note, while not an uber screen clearer, Alkaizer's cleave gladiator is quite well rounded. Probably my first character where I've been able to stand in Esh balls, and this is without VP. Still got to fill out unique flasks and uber lab(block 100% to spell block) and I'm only at 4.5k hp, so there's still quite a bit of tankiness to go. Quite glad I found a character that can survive VP meta without VP before they nerfed removed it. Still, hoping they rebalance around removing VP.