Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
A lot of the new uniques are pretty cool, reminds me of Grim Dawn gear which give skills and stuff instead of just changing some things passively. Really liking this new design direction.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Can someone link me to a ranged build that i can work with. I hate the building in this game and dont need anything super optimal, just something to enjoy the game for a bit. I generally like ranged, bow type, but mage works fine too. Dislike pets.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My frenzy and power charges aren't showing up around my head. I thought it was just this character but went and looked at my harbinger character and him neither. They changed something in the patch I assume but I don't know what to switch so that it shows up. I can turn on/off flask icons but that doesn't apply to power/frenzy charges.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Damn. I have not had this much fun playing a game in years! I spent an hour just LOOKING at the passive tree and writing down a path that I THINK would be great. Knowing that I am wrong, because I will never get a piece of gear(s) to make the whole thing work.

Silly question. What lvl do you start seeing 6S/6L gear? Also, someone throw some 40+ unique swords in the bank! Or axes.
My strategy is to use 4L until you get to the blood aqueduct. Great zone for exp, usually 150M/hr, and it drops humility cards. Farming that zone until the exp drops off at 72 should get nearly a tabula. A good starter build should be able go with a statless chest for a while.

Last edited:

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The new scorching ray scepter is the tits, it's only like a few chaos and absolutely obliterates anything in early maps.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
got a poet's pen to drop. still trying to figure out how i can make use of this.

Edit - didn’t realiZe there was an internal cooldown on the trigger.

Seems like good use for this would be to put an empower gem in it with whatever else damage spell? At lvl 100 that would be a lot of +levels

Last edited:

Caliane

got a poet's pen to drop. still trying to figure out how i can make use of this.

Edit - didn’t realiZe there was an internal cooldown on the trigger.

Seems like good use for this would be to put an empower gem in it with whatever else damage spell? At lvl 100 that would be a lot of +levels
Pretty sure a conc effect, etc would be more powerful then double empower.
DW is def the way to go with that wand, I think. one alone, probably isnt great.

brutality+lmp+unearth.
Detonate dead+spellcascade+ele focus
frenzy+coh+lifeleech+whatevs..

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's a short clip on reddit showing barrage with desecrate and volatile dead and I think cascade too. It seems to generate a stupid amount of flying balls of death at the same time.

Don't know how viable it is but looked nice enough.

Caliane

giphy.gif

Shield throw still in the works.. 10th unannounced gem was a SUPPORT. so not this.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So after bumrushing to 77 I think I can share some thoughts on 3.1/abyss:

The new atlas mechanics are awesome, the new rares seem to be pretty scarce though, I got only 1 shaper rare out of 4 maps I could run so far. I'm sure people will have it down to science soon enough though, but until then you have this beautiful sense of wonder and exploration. The abyss mechanic is nice, but honestly when there's like 3-4 in a map, it starts to feel like a chore, especially once they go to 4 holes or spawn the mini dungeon. And then you run into a breach which is done in a minute including looting ... The new abyss items are nice, but all of them have the breach ring syndrome - so much random shit that I'm not entirely sure is necessarily better than the items previously. Sure, once you have all the resists and look to squeeze the last bit of dps from your gear, they will come in handy, but defensive stats are simply more useful when you start hitting maps. With the amount of slots available these days, the one jewel that comes with the belt is like a piss in the ocean. Then again, I'm playing scorching ray, so flat damage is kinda useless to me.

The new maps are absolutely gorgeous, I think my favorite ones that I ran so far are City square and Haunted mansion. The lack of harbinger orbs is sad, but I guess they want you to trade a bit, otherwise 3.1 rocks !

This is probably the first time no part of the game feels unpolished or lacking. Sure they could add voiceovers to a5-10 and so on, but otherwise everything feels fleshed out.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How do people usually tune their CWDT level? I go for level 1 if I want the supported spell cast as soon/often as possible, which seems rare. Otherwise, I mostly set it to whatever a savage hit is for character at the time.

Also, why isn't CWDT + Vaal Grace more common?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, it depends on the gems you're using it with. Savage hit is what I used for barb last league with it casting bladefall/vortex/enfeeble.

For the new CwDT -> Blood Rage -> Immortal Call / Arakaali cheese I went with 2/8/4. You want that combo going off all the time.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
How do people usually tune their CWDT level? I go for level 1 if I want the supported spell cast as soon/often as possible, which seems rare. Otherwise, I mostly set it to whatever a savage hit is for character at the time.

Also, why isn't CWDT + Vaal Grace more common?
You can trigger vaal skills ?

Anyway, I generally set it to whatever level is roughly 40% of my HP, you want it to go off when you can top yourself with a flask, not when you hit 10%, since the next hit will probably kill you flask or not. Sometimes I put a golem into my CwDT setup, because recasting is a pain and the bonuses don't scale all that much.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, it depends on the gems you're using it with. Savage hit is what I used for barb last league with it casting bladefall/vortex/enfeeble.

For the new CwDT -> Blood Rage -> Immortal Call / Arakaali cheese I went with 2/8/4. You want that combo going off all the time.
Why the blood rage in that scenario?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Arakaali pantheon has a buff that gives you more life recovery when you take a degen recently, and blood rage degen is a cheap and easy way to constantly trigger it