Path of Exile

Caliane

50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently

Blood rage is physical damage over time.
Immortal call is immune to physical damage.

"recovery" is all forms of regen in this game.
life leech is recovery. life regen is recovery. ES recharge is recovery. ES regen is recovery. life potions are recovery.
This occurs AFTER life leech cap btw.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That triggers when you stop taking damage. Oh, it says when you stop taking damage over time specifically...nevermind. Yeah, I'd probably run that if I didn't like endurance charges. Or need the all res from them.

Blood Rage doesn't need to be in the CWDT setup though?

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
its a physical dot, arkaali gives you +50% life recovery when you stop taking dot damage, which triggers in that set up. Works on life regen, bone offering block, probably leech too.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Got my end game weapons...20c for both and I gave them my old weapons. I'm broke now, but hey.

sword.jpg

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm not entirely sure any unique weapons are safe in the age of shaper/elder rares. The only exceptions are like Ngamahu/Whispering Ice or Cospri's.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
See if this works...

I'm going for a dual wield tanky build. Thus far it's working fine, but I've started to notice that I am now getting 1 shot once per level it seems. Usually not on a boss, just some random shit and I have zero idea why. Is there a combat log anywhere?

Please look at my tree/build and critique. I ONLY use cleave and cyclone. (My helmet and chest setup). Can someone look at the gem setup in my boots and see if that makes sense? What would you change? That gem in my inventory is it worth working my way to a gem slot for? Has anyone found any Abyss belts worth using. The gems I have are so bleh, I rather keep the one I have for the 10% damage increase.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...Name=BrahmaDogAlpha&characterName=Brahma_Bull

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
PSA for those who are retarded like me. I just started mapping (L 71) and ran a T2 Arid Lake. So I wanted to max enrage the Roa, ok great, done this countless times before in other leagues. So I got the boss literally to no health and the fucking thing would not die! I'm like WTF and I even died a couple of times (it seems to hit a buttload more than before) running around since my mechanic was now thrown off. So I just started the kite the damn thing and the Shaper cut scene popped up and sure as shit, after that ended, the Moa died.

Not sure if this is a bug or not and if it's always been like this, but needless to say I was extremely triggered...

Caliane

are you making your own build?

set your privacy settings so we can see your characters.
link like that only shows your passive tree.

or, path of building.
Forum - Gameplay Help and Discussion - Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.61] 3.0 Builds and new supports! - Path of Exile

An offline planner. Lets you import your character, as well as link it to pastebin. so we can see everything. items, skills, passives, etc.
for planning, you can do just about anything as well. create items, plan passives, items, links, etc.

There are some oddities in your build.
RT and swords. Swords have accuracy and crit as innate passives. Usually you go crit with swords.
left side of the tree and swords can be a bit Iffy, there are crit nodes there.
Especially if you are going dual wield. those passives are over on ranger side.

Bleeding is a bit underpowered.

hp and stacking Defense.
Defenses should be layered.
fortify, enfeeble, endurying cry/end charges, arctic armor, armor/eva, stibnite/basalt, dodge, regen, leech.
HP is generally a focus in the passive tree.

Here is my sword based Icecrash scion currently.

Here is the scion "plan". do note all skillpoints from level 100 is unrealistic. And most items are stock preset rare generated. not specialized for actual preferences.

over 200% inc life is desired early in mapping. That should be a priority over damage by the start of maps. As well of course max resists.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Looked at the guide Kiroy posted. Cyclone for clearing...cleave for bosses? It works very well actually.
Oh, you're playing EE's lab farmer? I've never played that build, so I'll leave the recommendations to someone else. Cyclone and Cleave just seems a bit redundant since they're both AE clear skills.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
EE's lab farmer Jugg is cleave only. And the build's weakness is lack of dps because cleave isn't a particularly effective boss killer at all. He chose it because of the jewels that give Fortify on hit without having to link it. It's extremely safe due to fortify getting buffed by dual Ichimonji and all the other layers of defense in there, but it's never going to set any speed records.

This is why I always tell new people to follow an established build to the letter. You learn a lot more of PoE by seeing it done right rather than experimenting with stuff that's just going to lead to frustration as you have to start over.

Caliane

ok, looking at that EE build.

That build is highly build on buffing Fortify buff. fority is a buff, so is buffed by ichimoji.
Cleave threshold jewel gives fortify on hit. making an effective 7l with cleave innately.
Overwhelming Odds

Getting that, and rampart should go a long way in making you unkillable. That and a bit more life.

you can use cyclone. but you are going to want to have fortify slotted in cyclone with that.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
ok, looking at that EE build.

That build is highly build on buffing Fortify buff. fority is a buff, so is buffed by ichimoji.
Cleave threshold jewel gives fortify on hit. making an effective 7l with cleave innately.
Overwhelming Odds

Getting that, and rampart should go a long way in making you unkillable. That and a bit more life.

you can use cyclone. but you are going to want to have fortify slotted in cyclone with that.

Ok will do. Thank you guys.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
are you making your own build?

set your privacy settings so we can see your characters.
link like that only shows your passive tree.

or, path of building.
Forum - Gameplay Help and Discussion - Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.61] 3.0 Builds and new supports! - Path of Exile

An offline planner. Lets you import your character, as well as link it to pastebin. so we can see everything. items, skills, passives, etc.
for planning, you can do just about anything as well. create items, plan passives, items, links, etc.

There are some oddities in your build.
RT and swords. Swords have accuracy and crit as innate passives. Usually you go crit with swords.
left side of the tree and swords can be a bit Iffy, there are crit nodes there.
Especially if you are going dual wield. those passives are over on ranger side.

Bleeding is a bit underpowered.

hp and stacking Defense.
Defenses should be layered.
fortify, enfeeble, endurying cry/end charges, arctic armor, armor/eva, stibnite/basalt, dodge, regen, leech.
HP is generally a focus in the passive tree.

Here is my sword based Icecrash scion currently.

Here is the scion "plan". do note all skillpoints from level 100 is unrealistic. And most items are stock preset rare generated. not specialized for actual preferences.

over 200% inc life is desired early in mapping. That should be a priority over damage by the start of maps. As well of course max resists.

Have a look now.

Caliane

ok yeah.
Cleave is your main skill, giving you fortify. if you dont like cleave, and prefer cyclone, you can swap to that. but will need "foritfy" support linked in cyclone.
Your total life is low. I see 2166 at level 62.
My scion is 3579 at 68 for example.
Then, you have negative resists. Endurance charges do give elemental resists, but that should not be relied upon.

bated breath can't be part of the build can it? abyss belts are CRAZY, so get a triple elemental resist belt asap. ideally, it will have life as well. grab any heavy, or leather belt RARES and look for life and triple resists. With abyss going on, those belts are likely even better.

Craft resists on every item you can, via master benches.
Gangs momentum are nice boots. but I dont see what they are doing for you exactly, with phsycial/bleed. swap them out as well for 25% move speed, life and triple resists. (move speed priority)

Use an augment orb on your life flask.
Use a transmute on your quicksilver, and alterations to get it good.
Use transmutes on yuour quartz flask. you want "immune to frozen" on this.

Helm should have life and resists as well.
Armor should have at least life. But, given a 5l. its ok for now.

Survival skills isnt great. im sure youve found an abyss jewel that is better. Id say look for flat life, and hp regen, then +phys damage with swords.

only 25% mana reserved atm. the guide listed purity of ice and lit. those would help with your resists. (actually, is that why gangs? for its 57% fire resist?)

double check the guide as well. make sure you are following it.

it mentions witchfire brew flask. iirc, that was swapped to Despair, not vulnerability. so, ignore that part. still some dot, but its chaos focused now. poison, not bleed.

Last edited:

Caliane

Elder items are just totally broken. end game builds/balance is totally fucked.
how do you even make a build, with shit like this existing?
This thing totally shits on any spell caster dagger/wand/shield for physical spells.

GSlyw5d.png

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
ok yeah.
Cleave is your main skill, giving you fortify. if you dont like cleave, and prefer cyclone, you can swap to that. but will need "foritfy" support linked in cyclone.
Your total life is low. I see 2166 at level 62.
My scion is 3579 at 68 for example.
Then, you have negative resists. Endurance charges do give elemental resists, but that should not be relied upon.

Not sure how the endurance charges work, nor do I see them on my screen at all.

bated breath can't be part of the build can it? abyss belts are CRAZY, so get a triple elemental resist belt asap. ideally, it will have life as well. grab any heavy, or leather belt RARES and look for life and triple resists. With abyss going on, those belts are likely even better.

I can do that. I was just looking at the DPS the belt I have offered.

Craft resists on every item you can, via master benches.

No idea how to do this. Will look up

Gangs momentum are nice boots. but I dont see what they are doing for you exactly, with phsycial/bleed. swap them out as well for 25% move speed, life and triple resists. (move speed priority)

Will do. Soon as I see some. I needed some resists.

Use an augment orb on your life flask.

What am I looking to add?

Use a transmute on your quicksilver, and alterations to get it good.

Same as above.

Use transmutes on yuour quartz flask. you want "immune to frozen" on this.

OK.

Helm should have life and resists as well.

OK

Armor should have at least life. But, given a 5l. its ok for now.

Can I reroll the stats or just look for better?

Survival skills isnt great. im sure youve found an abyss jewel that is better. Id say look for flat life, and hp regen, then +phys damage with swords.

OK.

only 25% mana reserved atm. the guide listed purity of ice and lit. those would help with your resists. (actually, is that why gangs? for its 57% fire resist?)

Yup

double check the guide as well. make sure you are following it.

I definately did not follow the guild 100%. I kinda went with what I needed at the time for passive a lot of times. Assuming I can regret them later when I have some orbs.

it mentions witchfire brew flask. iirc, that was swapped to Despair, not vulnerability. so, ignore that part. still some dot, but its chaos focused now. poison, not bleed.

Not sure what you mean here. I'm pushing out chaos damage and not bleed?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm suuuuper slow. Problem (not really a problem) is every few levels I look at all the gear I picked up and sell or equip them if I can. It's fun but it's super slow and no reason to do it all. I should just get to mapping asap and be done with it. Last league I started mapping with a unique I picked up around lvl 20 lol.

Picked up a staff with more support added than I have in my whole build. I think on reddit they said 9 link. Crazy. But all lvl 1 supports.