Path of Exile

Caliane

Endurance charges.
Endurance charge
It will be a little orange ball rotating around your character.
your build is based on them. But, actually, you do not have a means to generate them yet. your juggernaut ascendancy will eventually. but atm, you dont have one. making those +1 end charge passives totally useless to you atm.
Get Enduring cry skill gem. Use that periodically before battle to keep the charges up. it also heals you on use. after you get unflinching in juggernaut, you can drop end cry.
warlords mark, I see you have in an weapon swap, also allows end charge gain on kill.

crafting benches is a whole deal. yeah, look it up.

life flask. seething or bubbling prefix. instant recovery. suffix.. up to you.
you want one of the utility flasks to have immune to frozen, another to have immune to bleeding. (possibly immune to curses as well)

yes, you can use chaos orbs on your chest.

the guide recommends witchfire brew. witchfire brew was changed in 3.1. it previously, gave vulnerability, which buffed all damage over time. it was changed to give the new curse, despair. which is dot and chaos damage.
Bleeds are physical, so witchfire brew is not part of the build in 3.1. the creator notes this in the comment section. he says use vengeance curse on hit+vulnerability.

Ancestral warchief, life gain on hit, cast on melee kill, and enfeeble. I just noticed this. that.. doesnt work.
The warchief is getting the life gain on hit. but.. why? no real point of that.
cast on melee kill+enfeeble does not work for the warchief.
cast on melee kill in general has no value for you. it will not activate on damage over time kills.. aka your bleeds. it will not activate on minion kills, the warchief.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Poet's Pen looks like fun but I can't see how to slot it into a KB/Barrage build. I don't want to do any of those corpse related builds because they look inherently slower at mapping. One cast from a pen to make corpses, then one more to utilize them.

Caliane

the reason we suggest the new corpse skills with poets pen, is because you wouldn't be doing one cast, then one more cast to use them.
The poet's pen are global cast on attack.
you run Frenzy/kb/barrage on a 6l, and the poets pen will be spamming the spells socketed in them, while you attack with frenzy/barrage/kb.

you could of course do this with other spells as well.
also, barrage has no real advantage here either, frenzy makes more sense. KB/powersiphon also options.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
From the youtube videos I've seen, they always require a second attack to utilize the corpses generated by the first. I want something that complements KB on the first cast. I guess barrage is less picky since that's usually a sustained situation anyway.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So following Engineering Eternity's Ngamahu’s Ball Toss Berserker for the most part. Any thoughts on swapping in Ancestral Call? What would I take out? Molten Strike - Multistrike - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Concentrated Effect - Elemental Focus - Fire Penetration.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You wouldn't, unless you're banking on that likely-bugged state staying around for molten strike. I mean, I guess it's just a gem slot, so go for it anyway. Probably fire pen?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
MF is pretty much eclipsed by any build that simply kills things fast. At most you'd want to slap on a Bisco, but given the new rarity and value of it that's pretty out of reach. It's especially bad for lab because you don't actually want to kill anything in lab other than the bare minimum needed to keep your leech rolling before you go through traps.

I'd recommend a sunder build if you want a lab-running starter. The one I linked a page or two back is working great for me, albeit modified for Vaal Pact and Arakaali cheese.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
MF builds are alright IF you play in a group and you have some sort of culling strike mechanism. If you run with 3-4 people doing all the DPS and you just finish every Boss/Rare off with culls you can net crazy amounts of Uniques and rares. My friends used to just do it with 2 people and they'd do it on a boss with high map rarity and it'd literally be 40+ rares from just the boss and 2-3 uniques. Every time.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can kinda do MF summoner stuff too. The main issue is it's terrible for hardcore, but other than a few slots that require specific uniques to improve your killspeed, most of the other slots for summoners are like life/resists, so you can replace some/all of them with MF gear. Iirc you don't even need to cull anymore since MF applies to you minions since a few years ago(originally iirc it didn't apply but they fixed that like for release or one of the early expansions). You'll randomly die here and there with the low hp but it otherwise shouldn't affect your clearspeed that much, although obviously being a summoner means your clear speed isn't the fastest to begin with.

Vorph

Killing more shit faster has the same effect and dps scales far more effectively than IIQ/IIR. Especially with Bisco's now out of reach of most people.

Edit: Also, the Lab layout generator can eat a dick. Three fucking days in a row, gold door room one in merciless.

Last edited:

Ryanz

<Banned>
Installing right now. I have only ever done Forum - Ranger - [3.1] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+) - Path of Exile in the past. Like literally only ever done that build and got it to 87 last league that I did which was Breach maybe? Prior to 3.0 for sure.

Is it still not a great build for labbing?

I honestly haven't heard of people playing caustic arrow for like a few leagues. If that's the only build you've ever done, than I'd suggest trying to find something different to play to give yourself some variety. But that's just me, if you just want something familiar to get you to end game than go with what you know, but I'm not sure caustic arrow is the best option.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Can anyone recommend a decent build for someone who hasn't played this much? Gonna have some time off and thinking of giving this a go.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I honestly haven't heard of people playing caustic arrow for like a few leagues. If that's the only build you've ever done, than I'd suggest trying to find something different to play to give yourself some variety. But that's just me, if you just want something familiar to get you to end game than go with what you know, but I'm not sure caustic arrow is the best option.
Yeah I didn't stack the MF side of it, I like the game play of the build just creating clouds of death around me is why I did it. It cleared fast enough for me but not great for labbing for sure.

I pulled up Vorph Vorph 's suggested build and will give that a shot.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I started using tab 15 in the guild stash to put in my extra maps. Feel free to use em / add maps back.

Vorph

One caveat, you're going to need a decent drop or some merciless lab farming to be able to proceed with that build.

Carnage Heart was 10c, then 25c when I bought mine, and now 25c only gets you shit rolls with a decent one being about 45c. BoR will set you back about 10-15c but it's dropping fast so you might get a near-perfect one for 10c by the time you can equip it. The weapon is basically nothing, same with Atziri boots. Flasks aren't too bad; jar will be 1c or less, Rumi's maybe 5c, but Lion's Roar is 20-25c and going up still. Gloves/belt/rings need to cover almost all of your resists so searching for them with decent life rolls is a bit annoying. It's still not bad for a starter, but I did have to run a lot of live searches on poeapp.com over the weekend to get everything for it.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Yeah I didn't stack the MF side of it, I like the game play of the build just creating clouds of death around me is why I did it. It cleared fast enough for me but not great for labbing for sure.

I'm not sure what build Vorph linked but I looked up 3.1 and sunder (which is the "melee" meta build right now [and also last league]) and this guy claims the build linked here is cheap and viable to end game. Check it out if you want, he goes into great depth on pretty much everything about the build and how to level it: Forum - Duelist - [3.1] League Starter WoE Sunder Slayer / U-Lab Speed Crusher / Mapper / High Damage Mitigation - Path of Exile

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I'm not sure what build Vorph linked but I looked up 3.1 and sunder (which is the "melee" meta build right now [and also last league]) and this guy claims the build linked here is cheap and viable to end game. Check it out if you want, he goes into great depth on pretty much everything about the build and how to level it: Forum - Duelist - [3.1] League Starter WoE Sunder Slayer / U-Lab Speed Crusher / Mapper / High Damage Mitigation - Path of Exile
That's the one I am building around.

• 1Solidarity

khalid

Unelected Mod
Good day. Got a kaom's running lab for my 2% life regen enchant on boots, sold it for a shavs + various other gear for switching to lowlife in a few days. At the end of the night, threw my 75 fuses at it to try and get a 5link, hit a 6link.

Still don't have the currency to switch to lowlife yet though, so I'm a RF/Scorching ray life build with a shavs!

• 1Like