Path of Exile

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dug out my ancient account and I have no fucking idea what is going on. Decided to clean out inventories and my stash except for skills and orbs etc. What is a good, lazymode character/build right now? Not looking for some hardcore stuff later on, just something to play through the game to get back into it.
Anything that can reduce the frantic clicking is a bonus (fuck you carpal tunnel).

Look up just about any Sunder build. When you get to lvl 38 and past daresso and kaom in act 4, equip a multistrike. It will make sunder fire 3 times per cast and auto aim for you. Should help with the clicking.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So...I kinda don't get the purpose of poison in the game atm. Or, I guess, any degen at all. RF kinda serves a "lazy" niche. But what does killing stuff slower get you? Shouldn't a degen build, once fully ramped, do the most damage?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd be surprised if it wasn't, tbh, Viper Strike is ridiculous. Poison is still really powerful, it's just hard to play with currently.

Caliane

Path of building ruined it.

Someone at ggg didnt quite understand, "increased duration" increased poison damage, over a very long time. And, pob's readout just gave you a readout, of max dps, not how long it took you to build up to it. So, poison with increased duration(temp chains, etc), that took 24seconds of standing in place dpsing to do 1million-5million dps, sounded like it was doing 1million dps to them.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
And 24 seconds is like a lifetime in this game, where some entire maps are cleared in that timeframe, lul.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Raiz did a caustic arrow build on HC, had to use weapon swap for single target, and this was after spending 1500+ chaos on this character. Cleared really well though.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
And 24 seconds is like a lifetime in this game, where some entire maps are cleared in that timeframe, lul.

I feel like the 6 seconds to get full amount on blade flurry is too long. I can't imagine 24 seconds.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I feel like the 6 seconds to get full amount on blade flurry is too long. I can't imagine 24 seconds.
I want to say BF's ramp up time is scaled by attack speed. But I know that feeling, playing the BF ramp and release game, no matter how long it takes, isn't fun. People only use BF because it's great single target, not because it's fun.

Path of building ruined it.

Someone at ggg didnt quite understand, "increased duration" increased poison damage, over a very long time. And, pob's readout just gave you a readout, of max dps, not how long it took you to build up to it. So, poison with increased duration(temp chains, etc), that took 24seconds of standing in place dpsing to do 1million-5million dps, sounded like it was doing 1million dps to them.

I made that same mistake. Theorycrafted up a quill rain poison build, put poison duration everywhere because the deeps! Got to Blood Aqueduct, which is my zone for feeling a build come together, and man did it suck. Pumping tons of arrows into packs, having to Blink Arrow over packs as they were dieing just to get an acceptable(150M/hour) clear speed, walking back if shit dropped(oh, I'm playing flicker strike now?), just felt bleh. A lot of people are making that same mistake, most quill rain poison builds suggest Scion(ranger/deadeye and occultist) or Ranger.

I retheorycrafted a much higher dps build with Assassin and half the poison duration. I avoid that stat if possible. I'm still expecting it to be noticeably slower on mapping, but hopefully less so such that the intended build playstyle(arrows everywhere) can shine through.

Borzak

Whoever left the Rive Terror Claw in the stash thanks, trying it out. Slight increase in DPS in the main hand but no pets. We'll see. The chance to flee on hit I'm sure is annoying so we'll see.

Edit-tried it a pair of t-14 maps. Nothing really lives long enough to worry with flee unless it works on bosses which it didn't this time. Just trying out stuff for no particular reason. Brings my chance to bleed up to 75% with gratious violence. Hmm could make it 100% with ascendancy change. Might try that.

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Big news coming in 6 hours'ish. Largest league ever, borders on expansion per the devs. I've heard rumors a new "Uber" type encounter was possibly being added, might be an Uber Elder?

Borzak

Odd one that has bugged me for a while. If I get a whisper from someone it shows up but no sound. But if I'm alt tabbed out to something else looking at something I'll get the sound. Any ideas?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Pretty sure that's just hard-coded into the game so that you can tell when people whisper you while you're tabbed out (since if you have the game window open you will presumably see the text pop up in your chat window).

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, it's a separate sound setting iirc, there's definitely options to select for tabbed-out behavior, just look through all the options (might be under UI).