Path of Exile

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Stygian belts gonna be a gold mine.

Yeah especially the 84+ ilvl ones. So will the jewels which are OP as fuck. But thats fine IMO, they will be like 100X more rare than they were in this league so IMO its OK. The jewels and belts were dropping like fucking candy all league long. Some zones even had like 3 abyss in them all dropping at least one jewel and one belt.

I never played around with the light poacher, but from what I heard it was OP as fuck. But I did have the 2 jewel gloves and the 2 jewel belt I used on one build and while yes, you could fit 4 more jewels, it was kind of balanced out in that you had to struggle as fuck to get your resistances capped, sometimes with shit items that you would preferred something else in that slot.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well the power creep is real in this game alredy. 6L is fucking trivial now to get. Shit, now as a lv7 you can get the oni without leaving the first zone which will carry your ass to maps without one dmg node spent. Probably farm up a tabula there too before you get oni.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I am surprised they kept abyss.
So am I, maybe because the mechanic is kinda disruptive to your classic speedclearing experience, which I don't think they like very much. And they believe they tweaked the rewards enough to keep the power creep in check, but honestly having abyss jewels and stygian vises in every next league is kind of a bore. If it's not dropping enough, you can always craft them. But on the other hand, taking them out would be rather jarring...

At this point it's basically like putting them on Zana, but at least you'd have to choose between other mods.

It's also narrowing any space they might have in the future, since I don't think they will ever take them away if not now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well the power creep is real in this game alredy. 6L is fucking trivial now to get. Shit, now as a lv7 you can get the oni without leaving the first zone which will carry your ass to maps without one dmg node spent. Probably farm up a tabula there too before you get oni.
How is a 6L more trivial to get now?

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
While stygian belts will be in the base game, they stated that they will only drop from abyss depths, meaning there is no elder/shaped versions of stygian belts. This will give reason to use other belt types late game.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How is a 6L more trivial to get now?

Trivial now compared to what it used to be. Now 20 quality increases chances of links which greatly increased the chances of 6L, but he probably means you can get 6L on gloves/helms/etc from shaper/elder gear.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Trivial now compared to what it used to be. Now 20 quality increases chances of links which greatly increased the chances of 6L, but he probably means you can get 6L on gloves/helms/etc from shaper/elder gear.
Eh ? 20 qual upped the chance since forever. The shaper gear is rare enough that unless you get lucky yourself, the price is more than comparable to a 6 link.

Also belt is the typical defensive/resists slot, where the shaper gear does give a lot more dps, but not many builds count on it, and as far as defensive stats go, normal stygian vises are still going to be the shit.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I need reinvite to the guild. I can't remember if you need account name or character name.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

I know what you mean and I don't know what changed. It could be because the game has exploded exponentially since beta and the population + the fallout of people quitting from the population puts more 6L's into the economy. I think I got my first 6L almost 2 years after starting to play counting the beta.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Starting to plan out builds for next league. Trying to pick between:
  • Reave/BF Scion(Slayer/Ranger)
  • QoTF Wander Pathfinder
  • Barrage/LA Slayer
I played the first character up through red tier map this league, but didn't invest much because it was late in the league and other characters had already done most of the atlas. I just played the last two up to maps in the last few days. I was trying out the Barrage/LA slayer just to see if it held anything over the wander and I'm having trouble finding anything. Maybe I haven't stressed it enough for the slayer leech and stun immunity to come into play, but that's about all I could think of. LA just feels like a worse KB(which, I realize is kind of a dumb thing to say). It often leaves stragglers and I really like being able to wall bang with KB.

I liked the flask uptime and charge generation on the pathfinder a lot more than I expected. I was really surprised I could keep a Vinktar's up 100%.

What are other people planning on doing?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im doing scion necro for sure. Probably the most OP thing I ever played in PoE. But ill be looking out for the patch notes and see if they nerf any of the spectres, which make those builds OP as fuck.

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I know what you mean and I don't know what changed. It could be because the game has exploded exponentially since beta and the population + the fallout of people quitting from the population puts more 6L's into the economy. I think I got my first 6L almost 2 years after starting to play counting the beta.

More players, more mobs (back in the beta days piety runs and merc docks were the end-game) div cards, prophecies, zana, sextants, strongboxes, quality not going away (super small impact, IMO), more people being 'good' at the game compared to being 'noobs' in beta/whenever they started.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, but each fusing you used ate the quality, so you'd have to keep using blacksmith stones/armor scraps to get that extra chance. Now you don't.
Yeah, that was changed almost 2 years ago.

Weirdly enough, this is the league where I also got my first non-corrupted 6L armor to drop after playing since forever.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
More players, more mobs (back in the beta days piety runs and merc docks were the end-game) div cards, prophecies, zana, sextants, strongboxes, quality not going away (super small impact, IMO), more people being 'good' at the game compared to being 'noobs' in beta/whenever they started.

Yeah for real man, I remember doing easy maps and public groups taking 10-20 minutes. People would have a heart attack now if you went that slow.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I see the cheapest un-IDed 2-socket Abyss unique is 7.5 ex, is that the 'normal' average? Is it fair to assume it'll only go up as the league winds down as fewer come into the game and there are more last minute Challenge do-ers?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I see the cheapest un-IDed 2-socket Abyss unique is 7.5 ex, is that the 'normal' average? Is it fair to assume it'll only go up as the league winds down as fewer come into the game and there are more last minute Challenge do-ers?
Probably the market responded to these items going core but much scarcer.