Path of Exile

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I plan on waiting for the ascendancy changes before I decide what to play. Pretty bored of raider / slayer / inquisitor.

2 socket un-ID'd abyss uniques, the cheapest I've seen is 4ex.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ive been actually enjoying Grim Dawn when PoE league was winding down and I got bored. Its a good game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Starting to plan out builds for next league. Trying to pick between:
  • Reave/BF Scion(Slayer/Ranger)
  • QoTF Wander Pathfinder
  • Barrage/LA Slayer
I played the first character up through red tier map this league, but didn't invest much because it was late in the league and other characters had already done most of the atlas. I just played the last two up to maps in the last few days. I was trying out the Barrage/LA slayer just to see if it held anything over the wander and I'm having trouble finding anything. Maybe I haven't stressed it enough for the slayer leech and stun immunity to come into play, but that's about all I could think of. LA just feels like a worse KB(which, I realize is kind of a dumb thing to say). It often leaves stragglers and I really like being able to wall bang with KB.

I liked the flask uptime and charge generation on the pathfinder a lot more than I expected. I was really surprised I could keep a Vinktar's up 100%.

What are other people planning on doing?

Is it time for the 'Wait for the damn patch notes' replies already? Even moreso this league than others since we have no idea what to expect from the Ascendancy changes.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Thanks to shaper/elder items, you can play the most retarded build and make it blow up everything eventually.

I think I'll do Arc Mines anyway.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Stupid question: why does no one use Tornado Shot in a point blank manner? I know about aiming the primary projectiles to immediately behind the target. But if you get right up in melee range, the spread of primary projectiles cluster really close together. This seems like it would vastly improve the chances of your secondary projectiles hitting the target.

So, stupid question because I just haven't noticed people playing this way? Or stupid because that will still pale in comparison to barrage?

Not as stupid question: will lower level curses overwrite higher level ones? If you have a level 8 assassin's mark on hit on your ring and a level 10 enfeeble CWDT setup, how do they interact on the target?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Curses are overwritten based on application order only, the most recent one overwrites any previous curses.

For Tornado I would say it's probably because it's a lot safer shooting at stuff from afar than at point blank, even if you design for it. But I guess why not if you make a tanky archer, sure.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sure, but you have to get pretty close for barrage to be effective too. That, and pending any 3.2 changes, slayer is the best archer class anyway.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Sure, but you have to get pretty close for barrage to be effective too. That, and pending any 3.2 changes, slayer is the best archer class anyway.
You murder everything that moves from afar, so why waste time moving close ? You just pick up any relevant drops afterwards. Bosses generally have timing windows where you can get close and lay it in, on top of that you know exactly where the loot will drop.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Eh I've seen chin sol stuff or point black tornado shot builds otherwise. It's very doable.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I think it's mostly because when you get up close and personal nothing is going to compete with barrage no matter what you try to do. That skill just scales way too ridiculously compared to almost anything else.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You murder everything that moves from afar, so why waste time moving close ? You just pick up any relevant drops afterwards. Bosses generally have timing windows where you can get close and lay it in, on top of that you know exactly where the loot will drop.
Sorry, I was making the assumption that this would be for killing bosses.

Nirgon Nirgon I did think of weapon swapping to chin sol for bosses. The knockback would be annoying, but I'm relatively certain that most bosses that matter are immune to knockback anyway.

zombiewizardhawk zombiewizardhawk That is perhaps true. The mystery here is calculating how many of your projectile hit the target for both skills. To that end, I have no idea. For what it's worth, at 10 proj for TS and 11 proj for barrage, assuming all projectiles hit, they're pretty close in dps. But the overall purpose of my inquiry is to use Tornado Shot, especially with the helm enchant, to clear and single target. This frees up usage for the chest slot for Kaom's Heart, which synergizes quite well with slayer. Is there another ascendancy that comes close to slayer for bow builds? I would consider pathfinder except bow builds get many sources of +proj, so the benefit of +50% flask effect on a Dying Sun is much less.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Personally I find dealing with bosses to be easier when they are shoved constantly into a corner with the usual high dps applied.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Personally I find dealing with bosses to be easier when they are shoved constantly into a corner with the usual high dps applied.
The invulnerability phases are that much more annoying though, Lava Lake/Belfry are just a pain to deal with, even the easier ones like Tahsin at the end of Siege or Tower boss is a bit silly.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Can I get an invite back to the guild. Not sure why I was kicked or whatever. Logged in one day and I was out. Thinking of about doing a last minute regret deal and working on another build.

Any ideas on what I could regret and make from a gladiator/duelist.

BorzakToo

Edit-thanks

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Deathwing Deathwing 10 hits from tshot would require 5 proj that all have a secondary also hit. I've never really played t-shot (I used to do lightning arrow but it's been a long long time since i played a bow build) so maybe that's not too difficult (gmp or lmp + 2 from quiver/whatever else can give them). Not sure how the spread on the secondaries is as far as hitting with all of them.

I could see the damage being comparable, probably even better on tshot if you can actually get 10 hits on a single target. 10 hits at around 75-85ish base damage (less multipliers from lmp or gmp) vs 8 hits at 61% or 10 at whatever 61% with 16% less becomes. How do you get 11 on barrage? 1+3 from gem, 2 from enchant, 2 from lmp, 2 from dying sun + __?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Hadn't really looked at challenges at all. Just when I got one I got one. Went from 18 to 24 pretty quick. Guessing that's about all I will do. To hit 36 looks like a major undertaking.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Hadn't really looked at challenges at all. Just when I got one I got one. Went from 18 to 24 pretty quick. Guessing that's about all I will do. To hit 36 looks like a major undertaking.
To give you an idea, I don't think I missed a league in the last 2 years, but the only time I got 36 was in Perandus, because I bought them. Rest of the time I burnt out after 24.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Deathwing Deathwing 10 hits from tshot would require 5 proj that all have a secondary also hit. I've never really played t-shot (I used to do lightning arrow but it's been a long long time since i played a bow build) so maybe that's not too difficult (gmp or lmp + 2 from quiver/whatever else can give them). Not sure how the spread on the secondaries is as far as hitting with all of them.

I could see the damage being comparable, probably even better on tshot if you can actually get 10 hits on a single target. 10 hits at around 75-85ish base damage (less multipliers from lmp or gmp) vs 8 hits at 61% or 10 at whatever 61% with 16% less becomes. How do you get 11 on barrage? 1+3 from gem, 2 from enchant, 2 from lmp, 2 from dying sun + __?

1 from helm enchant, 2 from Dying Sun, 2 from quiver, 1 from bow, 1 from scion deadeye. I ended up deciding not to take that last one though.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Dug out my ancient account and I have no fucking idea what is going on. Decided to clean out inventories and my stash except for skills and orbs etc. What is a good, lazymode character/build right now? Not looking for some hardcore stuff later on, just something to play through the game to get back into it.
Anything that can reduce the frantic clicking is a bonus (fuck you carpal tunnel).