Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I wanted to play a bow/piercing build for no other reason I haven't played one. Dunno enough about them to know if it looks good yet or not.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Well then, loaded up PoB to play around with a possible build and it's not calcing discharge damage properly in the slightest lol. The upside is I found out that brinerot flag gives 2 power charges when you use a warcry so I figure that and enduring cry should at least let me get lower level map bosses done if I do it.

Nvm I went into config and checked all the charge boxes and it started showing the real numbers.

Edit: Eh, doesn't look horrible (with current elemntalist ascendencies not new ones so not 100% accurate). 150k avg discharge vs standard boss with max endurance/power charges up, 364k average on non boss with all 3 charges.

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm guessing they're talking about the extra damage as chaos damage node which does seem pretty busted and by pretty busted I mean it had to be a retard who designed that node.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
10% chance to get 200% of your physical as extra chaos damage for that attack. 20% more average.
15% chance to get 100% of your physical as extra chaos damage for that attack. 15% more average.
20% chance to get 50% of your physical as extra chaos damage for that attack. 10% more average.

Yeah, sounds pretty good.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How does different types of "gained" stack? If I have a bunch of elemental gained from a shaper sceptre, does this effectively stack additively? If it ends up being multiplicative, I still don't think that's out of line compared to Aspect of Carnage. The downside here is hilarious overkill sometimes, and AoC means you take more damage.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you have 100 physical damage, and you gain 40% of it as extra damage of whatever, you'll do 140 total damage.

If you have 5 different 40% of it as extra damage sources, you'll do 300 total damage = 100 of your phys + (40 x 5)

If you have full elemental conversion(and everything else is identical to the last scenario I made), you'll also do 300 damage, but none of it will be physical. The extra damage still counts your physical pre-converted.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
On the other hand that Trickster node has little synergy with anything else on the tree, unless your gear is conductive to just charging around the map spamming EK to clear whole screens, it doesn't feel that great.

Wait apparently people on reddit claim it multiplies with any conversions... that can't be right ?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
10% chance to get 200% of your physical as extra chaos damage for that attack. 20% more average.
15% chance to get 100% of your physical as extra chaos damage for that attack. 15% more average.
20% chance to get 50% of your physical as extra chaos damage for that attack. 10% more average.

Yeah, sounds pretty good.
It's "non-chaos damage"

It's fucking broken.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
On the other hand that Trickster node has little synergy with anything else on the tree, unless your gear is conductive to just charging around the map spamming EK to clear whole screens, it doesn't feel that great.

Wait apparently people on reddit claim it multiplies with any conversions... that can't be right ?
It seems to be the case atm due to poor coding, I assume they'll fix that since it was on reddit a while ago and this would push it way further but we'll see. It's not supposed to add damage several times but currently it does yeah, if you convert damage to various types and then have an item that adds those various types as additional, it'll add for every type of damage.

Even if they fix it though it's a disgustingly strong node in power, and the rest doesn't need synergy because it's defensive stuff mostly. You can get all the damage you need for 2points and then have 6points to get some really strong defensive nodes and be ok.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's somewhat more poweful than AoC, but I think everyone's overreacting. It'll likely get tuned just like Chieftain already was, but it's not going to break anything.

Caliane

Never played a trickster, what's the broken parts of those changes?
the two really crazy ones are harness the void 2 point invest.
and escape artist. 4point invest.

Without double dipping, harness the void is 45% average more damage, every hit.

Escape artist.
+5 Eva rating per 1 max energy shield on helm.
+1 max ES per 6 eva rating on body armor.
Cannot be stunned if you havent been hit recently.
8% reduced damger if you havent been hit recently.

Eva and ES pair wonderfully. Exactly for that reason. avoid getting hit, your ES stays topped off, or avoiding getting hit, lets your ES Recover.

Hyrri's Ire
2903 EVA. 483 ES from that.

Queen of the Forest
2163eva 360 ES on Qotf.

Cospri's Will

Cherrubim's Maleficence
1216ar/1516eva for a respectable 253 ES.

EVa/es hybrids are pretty crazy as well.
The Restless Ward
1306eva/362es for 1306eva/580es.

helms dont stand out as much imho. no es helm is that amazing.
ebers is 205 ES. crown of eyes 205.
x5 giving 1025 EVA.
(armor/es helms actually are better... malachais vision is 193ar/297es, and thus nearly 1500eva)

heretics veil would go from 436eva/218es, to 1526eva/218es.
Vertex is 828eva/304 base, for 2348eva/304es.

compare to occultists 250 ES, or old shade forms 250ES/500 eva.

The 2 pointer BEFORE escape artist, ghost dance, is pretty good in its own right.
20% more chance to evade while on full ES.
10% chance to dodge attacks AND SPELLS while you have full ES.
10% inc move speed while you have ES.
(seriously, hyrri's is bonkers for Trickster)

Last edited:

Caliane

oh, and in regards to the double dipping.
I was not aware of this, and is this what is happening?

Normally, elemental conversion.
100phys damage. with lets say 40% phys gained as fire damage. and, 40% converted to cold.

Calcs happen at once.
100 phys damage is converted to cold 60phys/40 cold.
40% of phys gained as fire applies to all of the physical damage
The 60 base unconverted, as well as the 40 converted.
60phys,40cold, 40fire

100phys damage. with lets say 40% phys gained as fire damage. and, 40% converted to cold.
20% inc phys. and 20% inc cold.
that 40 cold is treated as both phys AND cold for purposes of increased cold and phys damage.
that 60 phys would have 20% inc damage, and the 40 cold would have 40% inc damage.
72phys,56cold.
the 40% phys gained as fire, applies to both phys and convert phys/cold. but not the extra 20% cold.
72phys=28.8, and 48=19.2
72phys,56cold,48fire

There is no double dipping there.
non-chaos damage converted is double dipping?

Chaos damage gained, apparently grabs values separately, not at once.
so, 15% of non-chaos damage gained as chaos.
100 phys with 20% inc for 120phys for 24chaos
56cold from the 40% conversion and 20% inc cold, for 11.2 chaos
48 fire from the phys gained as fire, for 9.6
72phys,56cold,48fire,44.8 chaos.
the converted phys in this case, is being counted repeatedly.

Last edited:

Caliane

Another silly thing, people might be overlooking with elementalist.

It occurs to me, people questioning the herald of ash on mastermind of discord..
the nodes up to it are faster ATTACK, and cast. all elemental damage...
you can make a fire attack elementalist pretty easy. tri golem, or even elemental LEECH.

Tectonic strike? molten strike? shield slam? elementalist

The Scourge +golems
????

Chernobog's Pillar
Vulconus

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How do people planning on playing trickster intend to sustain on boss fights? Or is trickster generally a mapping-only character?

The new ascendancy does seem nice but I can't figure out a build that incorporate life sustain and es sustain on bosses. I guess high amounts of LoH and Ghost Reaver?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Trickster always seemed to be a mapping class.

Necro changes out, mostly good for minion related stuff. Mistress of Sacrifice nerfed to only 50% of offering effect on you, kinda needed I guess due to being to easy cap block/spell block.