Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I can't win today. Restarted client after the hotfix. Character rolled back to twilight strands laying down like start a new character rollback.

Get it sorted out?

The last hotpatch that was supposed to be for CPU usage seemed to fix most my issues. I don't know if they had other stuff in the patch or if that was the issue.
Out of nowhere the game started to crash constantly today, one hardlock where I had to power down the PC via the on/off button. Really odd, not getting high gpu temperatures or anything like it and I played the previous league without a single crash (although I didn't play at the start of it).
And just now the servers seem to be dying, my buddy shows as offline (even though he isn't) and if he tries to invite me it says I'm in another league. Also had a mini rollback after upgrading a 4l helmet to a good rare (only to crash 20 seconds later) which blows.

Get it sorted out?

The CPU usage hotfix seemed to fix most the issues I was having. Not sure if that was the issue or there was other stuff in the patch.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Downed Uber Atziri got the helm which I wanted for new Trickster Asc, this is my defense in my H/O without any buffs or flasks on day 3 gear. Movement speed 93% also unbuffed, so still a ways to grow with QoTF new cap.

upload_2018-3-5_18-32-34.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Server down I think, 4k people ahead of me in queue. Lot of issues with the European servers from what I read earlier. Now US maybe.

Borzak

Recomend a build. Ice shot/barrage ranger is bleh at most. Not liking it at all.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
You ever played wild strike? I think it's one of the most fun skills in the game.

I played wild strike last league and it's great, but I quit because melee click really seems to fuck up my hand. So this league I made a Glacial Hammer Champ and it's exceeding my expectations for powerlevel, but ooofff, my hand may make me reroll.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Do you try to individually click for every attack instead of just holding down RMB to attack?

Also for whoever was asking about scion pairing with slayer, I did zerker last league and it's probably even better this league with the rage stuff assuming you just want damage out of your ascendency (stun immune with 25 rage too!).

Borzak

You ever played wild strike? I think it's one of the most fun skills in the game.

Might try that. First build that came up was a raider with almost the exact skill tree that I have already within a few points. Close enough to try anyway.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Do you try to individually click for every attack instead of just holding down RMB to attack?

Also for whoever was asking about scion pairing with slayer, I did zerker last league and it's probably even better this league with the rage stuff assuming you just want damage out of your ascendency (stun immune with 25 rage too!).
That was me. I'm not liking KB as much as I remember, thinking of rerolling already. Just not sure what to pair on with slayer on my scion for a 1H reave/blade flurry or wild strike build. I usually go with ranger for easy frenzy generation on bosses and Onslaught. But considering the recent Scion changes, ranger seems quite weak now. Considering Inquisitor now.

Indeed a fun skill, despite that annoying sound effect for the fire blast. The chain lightning for wild strike seems to bounce faster than the arc spell.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
How to spawn Uber Elder -

Get all 15 memory frags Kill shaper guardians and shaper
Get Shaper's Key after killing shaper and go to templar's lab for the elder orb
Get elder influence on all guardians and shaper, Kill elder guardians
Open shaper's realm and you can fight uber elder

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
My friend started a couple days ago and last night asked me if exalts were worth anything. He's gotten 2 already and is only L48. I ended up selling them for him and buying the gear for his build that he wanted. Needless to say he's happy and loving the game.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone found a way to safely "abuse" Champion's Adrenaline? I was considering doing a Slayer/Ascendant with wild strike and Oni-Goroshi. I usually think slayer leech is required for any boss killing melee build, but maybe not if your ascendancy has some built in defences like Champion.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can't really permanently keep it without annoying shit or being low life, but if it's like to fight a boss where 20secs is enough, you can weapon swap with blood magic+arctic armour or something similar(totem+herald and such, can fine tune depending on your reserved aura and shit) to proc it then start the fight. You could technically refresh it mid fight but it seems like a nice way to rip randomly.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So I started thinking today it might be better if I swap poachers mark out and replace it with elemental weakness for my oro flicker char. Not sure how good it would be. That would make my 3 auras assassin's mark, flammability and ele weakness. Maybe i'll plug it into PoB tomorrow and see what it says. Not sure what any other decent curse options would be and probably won't have be able to run grace along with 2 curses even if I got my hands on 2 level 4 enlightens (maybe that would reduce them enough).

Caliane

tri curse oros? did you link your build?

yeah, dunno. Curses are strong. but weak vs bosses. Is this an occultist? templar?
poachers is for the HIT% in a flicker build. the frenzy on kill, doesnt mean much. The life/mana on hit is actually solid though. flicker does tend to like both.

tempchains/enfeeble are always solid options. probably better survival then grace.

Funny the buffed herald of ash, still woulnt work for you.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
tempchains/enfeeble are always solid options. probably better survival then grace.

No probably about it, temp chains + enfeeble should provide much greater defense than Grace against anything that's not the Shaper. First level 90 in hardcore was because of temp chains + enfeeble.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It's a trickster. Gear was just a rough mock up... hinekoras are pricey though so at least that will be different, the rest i just kind of put filler stuff.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How much chaos/hour do people usually farm? Trying to determine if I should farm up an Oni or run maps on an undergeared character and hope I get enough currency drops for it.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
If I don't particularly care about killing uber anything until late in the league when I can afford my end game gear is the best way to complete the atlas from buying maps? I've never pushed higher than yellow maps previously and I was mostly winging it.