Path of Exile

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Out of nowhere the game started to crash constantly today, one hardlock where I had to power down the PC via the on/off button. Really odd, not getting high gpu temperatures or anything like it and I played the previous league without a single crash (although I didn't play at the start of it).
And just now the servers seem to be dying, my buddy shows as offline (even though he isn't) and if he tries to invite me it says I'm in another league. Also had a mini rollback after upgrading a 4l helmet to a good rare (only to crash 20 seconds later) which blows.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Well I guess that hotfix had a reverse effect on me, I started playing after it was applied and now I keep crashing.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
This is only my 3rd league from the start, I don't remember this many hotfixes for the others.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
This time it's hotfixes and not "oops, it broke the server" They are even restartless. Still 2 crashes since the league start.

After blowing through about 50 maps, this league really feels like non-factor. The fact that you are dependant on capturing the random red/yellow ones to do anything with beast crafting, the rest is for shits and giggles. Besides, actually clicking on the mob in question when there's Michael Bay going off all over your screen is generally more challenging the the mobs itself. There's a reason why Monster Hunter's beasts are so fucking huge, catching an ant in real time is significantly more annoying.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I haven't played seriously in a while so I might be wrong with some stuff. First while nice to plan ahead, it's good to have an idea of what your build should look like at 85/90 rather than 100, since most people won't go to 100 anyway.

You seem to have too many accuracy nodes and not enough life nodes. You're generally better off getting accuracy on gear than on nodes, although some of them are also decent with side stats. Life at 5k in your "final" build is extremely low for a lvl 100 char, even with block cap(which you're technicaly not unless you stack it by blocking first), aim for 6k+ instead I'd say. Too many uniques is probably the issue. You don't have a way to generate frenzy charges but take additional charges. While Outmatch and Outlasts can generate frenzy charges, as far as I know shield throw is only offhand damage, so it'd only generate endurance. I guess in theory you could say Whirling Blades with culling to get some but sounds clunky as shit. You might want to use Poacher's Mark as a result instead of Vuln, it'd fix 2 different problems, it reduces evasion(so acts as more accuracy) and gives frenzy charges, plus it gives life/mana on hit, which you don't have for sustain. You probably want that in a Blasphemy link so you don't actually have to cast the curse, empower 3 isn't realistic either it's expensive as shit. Talking about reserves, something like Heral of Ash would probably be solid too since shield throw does a lot of phys so you'd get a fair bit of additional damage, or Hatred instead if you can run it mana wise. Might also want considering pathing to leech nodes, if not you definitely want more leech on your gear.

The main concern really is I'm not sure how viable the crit path is for shield throw, at least with this ascendency/pathing. I think it might be worth just cutting most of the crit nodes and scaling proj damage instead and not relying on crits. You spend a lot of ressources, both on the tree and on gear, to attain a relatively "low" 40% crit chance which seems a bit of a waste. Large part of the problem is there's no good crit nodes for shield throw on the tree, since the good ones are weapon specific. It also has a low base crit chance, so you'd probably want some ES on your shield, but then you lose a lot of your base damage. It's also worth considering going the Bleeding way as Glad instead by dropping outmatch and outlast and violent retaliation.

First thing I looked at was an endurance charge/bleed setup, but it seemed like it was way low dps. I forget which unique it was, but swapping it in lowered the crit% but upped the DPS by a lot. Counterintuitive to me too, but I was just following PoB :p

I'll look at your other suggestions to see what it does. Playing around with SST in game, it seems pretty good so far. I've been playing sunder chars up to now, and SST seems like a nice change of pace without being too different of a playstyle.

In an unrelated note, I'm not sure if people are aware of this (probably are), but I've found that when you try to trap a mob, you don't have to wait for the trap to break or not. If the trap is active on it and you continue to damage and then kill it, you get credit for the capture. In other words, the mob doesn't have to live, it just has to die with the trap active on it. Makes things a lot simpler that when you get it really low life, trap it, then just kill it.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ok, after a few revisions, how about:
It's interesting, swapping ascendancies between gladiator, champion, deadeye, and ascendant, you don't really change a lot. It's basically, do I want spell block and some better phys reduction, or another 50-100K dps? Interestingly, if you sacrifice the spellblock, Champion has stupid dps when you taunt something and have adrenaline. Also, this shows single target, if you put in chain or fork into the six-link, I think it works better for clearing obviously, but it's something I want to play with in game once I get there. I'm super casual so I doubt I'll ever get anywhere close to the end game with this build anyway :p It's just fun to theorycraft

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Some streamers are mentioning they improved net mechanics but I can't find any posts detailing how. Anyone know about this?

New mystery box sucks.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
What is everybody playing this season?

I have been running the hiero totem build to get currency. Running frostbolt totems and occasionally swapping to GC for a boss.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No way, that Sin+Innocence set is so baller.
I never count on buying enough boxes to combine 2 full sets, let alone 1. Mystery boxes should have a fair amount of MTX that standout by themselves. This one doesn't have enough.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
SR Totems + RF Hierophant, So far it's been stomping everything even without the last 2 ascendancy points. Balefire is great.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Been playing a Deadeye wander. Missing the 20% freeze from pathfinder, but it's been better otherwise. Wish crit wasn't per activation.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
people REALLY overlook that 20% ailments on pathfinder.
I'm still in A10, so I'm hoping once I'm up and mapping, my power charge generation is ok. That's all it's been affecting, functionally. The other thing I miss is just full screen shatter clears in one shot. Still might go back to pathfinder. How expensive is it to reroll ascendancies?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
What is everybody playing this season?

I have been running the hiero totem build to get currency. Running frostbolt totems and occasionally swapping to GC for a boss.

I'm playing Molten Strike Jugg w/ Oni on softcore currently to test how it'll play out on hardcore. I died twice while while getting to maps (granted my gear is pretty shit since I am ssf) so I don't know if I'm going to play it now or try a summoner build. It is fun though and my DPS is crazy good even with the shit gear.

I never count on buying enough boxes to combine 2 full sets, let alone 1. Mystery boxes should have a fair amount of MTX that standout by themselves. This one doesn't have enough.

I got innocence and sin pet + sin wings and 2 laurel head garbos out of 5 boxes from points I had sitting left over from when I bought tabs. I like the combined wings, but there is no way I'm risking dropping $100+ after watching some streamers open 50+ boxes and not get everything.

Caliane

I'm still in A10, so I'm hoping once I'm up and mapping, my power charge generation is ok. That's all it's been affecting, functionally. The other thing I miss is just full screen shatter clears in one shot. Still might go back to pathfinder. How expensive is it to reroll ascendancies?
5 points per ascendancy point.