Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Doing the Templar Heiro mass cold orb thing, and I found out that spamming those orbs 1 at a time is way more damage than trying to hit anything. Up to level 12... So noob. But seeing as I've never done any of the story before it's been pretty fun.

So what do I do with all the blues? I've gotten way more than I have scrolls of wisdom to identify them all, and so I've just been stashing everything. I know blues are like crap or whatever, but I wasn't sure what the normal "upgrade" path is. Also, is there an easy way to see if an item is more damage, or more armor than what you're wearing? I hold alt, and you can compare, but it doesn't actually give you the numbers? Used to D3 with this, where it tells you exactly if it's an upgrade or not.

I don't know. We just got the alt deal tell you what tiers and tier range. But nothing to tell you if it's an upgrade or not. If you use the PoE trade macro and hit ctrl C it will give you some info on an item which used to be the way before the ALT specifics was added just recently.

I do know early on it's a pita to turn in stuff with 3 sockets of all colors when you are colorblind. You just vendor trash them all or take the time to place a gem in each socket, yeah nope. Also sucks trying to find them on vendors.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Mathil vid summed it up pretty nicely. Common recipes aren't rewarding and the fun recipes are way too rare. Par for the course for GGG though.

I mean... does anyone actually expect them to make a common recipe that is "rewarding"? From the one video I watched Mathil was getting all pissy because he'd craft a rare sword at the altar and it didn't hand him a 5t1 sword. Not sure what 'fun' recipes are super rare since I just started mapping. Breachstones weren't exactly common in Breach league... I put in hundreds of hours that one and didn't get enough Chayula shards through the entire league to do Chayula breachstone one single time. Not once in the entire league. Are there any 'super rare' recipes that I won't be seeing if I put a couple hundred hours into this league? I'm going to guess not.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Doing the Templar Heiro mass cold orb thing, and I found out that spamming those orbs 1 at a time is way more damage than trying to hit anything. Up to level 12... So noob. But seeing as I've never done any of the story before it's been pretty fun.

So what do I do with all the blues? I've gotten way more than I have scrolls of wisdom to identify them all, and so I've just been stashing everything. I know blues are like crap or whatever, but I wasn't sure what the normal "upgrade" path is. Also, is there an easy way to see if an item is more damage, or more armor than what you're wearing? I hold alt, and you can compare, but it doesn't actually give you the numbers? Used to D3 with this, where it tells you exactly if it's an upgrade or not.
Ignore the blue unless they have the links and sockets for your skill or you have a white in the slot. Rares are just better and you get a plenty of them. Directly comparing items is much harder since you can't account for gem slots/links and PoE likes to give items stats that are not directly comparable, like +lvl to gems, damage taken as element, projectile speed etc.

As a rule of thumb while leveling, resists and life is top priority everywhere but your weapon.

zombiewizardhawk zombiewizardhawk The reason beastcrafting feels shitty is that you have to actively engage with the mechanic, then zone somewhere completely differrent and the reward is more often than not vendor trash. So, yeah.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
How I thought beastcrafting would work:
Craft a random rare = beast1
Craft a rare weapon = beast1+ beast2
Craft a rare high end weapon base = beast1 +beast2 +beast3
Craft a rare high end weapon with guaranteed high roll phys damage = beast1 +beast2 +beast3 +uberbeast1ofhighrollphysdamage

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ignore the blue unless they have the links and sockets for your skill or you have a white in the slot. Rares are just better and you get a plenty of them. Directly comparing items is much harder since you can't account for gem slots/links and PoE likes to give items stats that are not directly comparable, like +lvl to gems, damage taken as element, projectile speed etc.

As a rule of thumb while leveling, resists and life is top priority everywhere but your weapon.

zombiewizardhawk zombiewizardhawk The reason beastcrafting feels shitty is that you have to actively engage with the mechanic, then zone somewhere completely differrent and the reward is more often than not vendor trash. So, yeah.
Alright, and what do I do with extra blues? Sell them or is there a deconstruct/disenchant feature?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
When I first opened the beastcraft menu I assumed you put the base you wanted to craft into the middle slot (so rare sword with crit and you put a sword base in the middle and went and it rolled that sword). I think that would be a better way to do it.

As far as vendor trash goes, that's the nature of the game. I don't even want to try guessing how many chaos worth of shrieking/deafening essence and rare essenses (hysteria etc.) i've thrown onto items and gotten vendor trash.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So this is the build I'm following: Forum - Templar - [3.2] Lifting's Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter! - Path of Exile

And I had a gem in my helm apparently, that let me cast a cold orb at things, and it was AoE, and doing cool damage. I had no idea that I got skills from gems/augments I put into my gear. Because I upgraded my helm, and lost the gem, and now I don't have that skill anymore? Now I got a new one, Frost Bomb, and it's not nearly as cool. Kinda blows, as I don't have any other skills? I could go buy a gem or something I guess, but now I have to slog through the game with this shitty skill until I get a new augment/gem/whatever that gets me something else?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So this is the build I'm following: Forum - Templar - [3.2] Lifting's Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter! - Path of Exile

And I had a gem in my helm apparently, that let me cast a cold orb at things, and it was AoE, and doing cool damage. I had no idea that I got skills from gems/augments I put into my gear. Because I upgraded my helm, and lost the gem, and now I don't have that skill anymore? Now I got a new one, Frost Bomb, and it's not nearly as cool. Kinda blows, as I don't have any other skills? I could go buy a gem or something I guess, but now I have to slog through the game with this shitty skill until I get a new augment/gem/whatever that gets me something else?

Poetrade search for level of gem you had or something close. Also look into a loot filter. Also follow that builds leveling tips, the skills that make that build awesome is level 50+

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider

Your skills are those gems you can take out or socket into any item with appropriate slots. Normally if you try to sell item with gems in it, a warning pops up. Magic items are vendor trash, don't even bother picking them up. You can get new gems from quests and vendors after you do appropriate quests in each act, they are even leveled a bit, so you can just buy new ones. Neesa/Yeena/Clarissa to beging with and in A6 you can buy all of them from Lily.

Caliane

the only time magic items are not to be ignored totally, is level 1-10ish. or, if the magic item is a flask, or if the magic item, is a key crafting base. (opal rings, steel rings, crystal belts, gripped/spike gloves, etc.)

Skills and skill gems are independent of gear. you can put them IN, and pull them out of gear at any time. There is a key gameplay element of micromanagement, in trying to balance the COLORS of sockets on gear, as well as the number of sockets on gear, with the Skill gems, and support gems linked to them..

Quests reward skill, and support gems. After unlocking a set of gems via quests, you can talk to the npc vendor, and select the second tab, and buy those skillgems, as well as others.
Nessa, Yenna, Clarrissa, vanja/petrarus,lani. Then in act 6+, Lilly has all vendor accessible skillgems. (there are a few that are drop only.)
Class does effect which skillgems you get via quest, or vendor, until Lilly in act 6.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So I loath buying maps and this new map drop rate last league and this league is killing me. Seems somehow worse this league. I don't really care that beastiary is meh cause I love the base game in general but if I can't even break into and sustain red maps on my own wtf is the point?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it's bad, I'll probably finish up this spectre summoner I've been playing and call it early this league.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So I loath buying maps and this new map drop rate last league and this league is killing me. Seems somehow worse this league. I don't really care that beastiary is meh cause I love the base game in general but if I can't even break into and sustain red maps on my own wtf is the point?
I think the map drop change made it a bit better, on top of zana leveling much faster and giving you yellow maps ASAP, but yeah, I'm howering around 10-15 alch orbs with my patented "alch'n'go" playstyle. Generally I had 30-50...

I think the big thing is that this mechanic really doesn't give any extra loot beyond the odd legendary beast. They really need to make capturing boost drops or something, right now you aren't rewarded at any step of the way, beyond maybe getting a nice craft once every 10+ maps, which is bad.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Last night went to buy a weapon and most were lvl 68. There were 3 down to lvl 58, but all un identified. It was clear they had negative lvl requirements. I got ready to buy one and went to the hideout. Guy said just a minute. Turns out he was ID'ing (he had all 3 of them) and deciding which was the shitty one to sell lol.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't had any issues with my atlas this league(unlike Abyss league yeesh). Currently 141/157. The nerfed drop rate of encroaching darkness really sucks for getting your unique maps done though.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Couple of the guys I was playing with bailed on me. I need some peeps to play with, ya'll should friend me in game so I can have some peeps to play with. Steam name is jeydax, ign is Obijuandkenobi.