Path of Exile

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Im thinking of trying a Lead Sprinkler MS Chieftain build for the race thing and saving the ele claw inquistor for next league. I was considering a deadeye, but im not sure of a good build.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anything with projectiles! I'm doing a dead spectral throw for the race. Spectral throw is one of the few good clear skills that also does good single target with a gem swap.

Caliane

I'll probably go easy peasy pathfinder lightning arrow.

Do consider if you care about such things, for the RACE. deadeye is very popular right now. pathfinder and raider have much lower precipitation numbers.
Occultist, sab notable as well.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll probably go easy peasy pathfinder lightning arrow.

Do consider if you care about such things, for the RACE. deadeye is very popular right now. pathfinder and raider have much lower precipitation numbers.
Occultist, sab notable as well.

Leveling with mirage archer in Bestiary was so nice, thinking about leveling bow again today and swapping at maps

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Wondering if it's worth doing the "race" if you are slow as shit leveling and just doing it to see what you get loot wise. Thinking.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya I was watching some streamer podcast arguing about whether they could hit lvl 100 in 48 hrs or if it would take 72. how do you even stay awake 48 hrs?

Borzak

Live in a part of the world where a $2/hour job is a good job you'd be amazed how long you can stay up on a stream.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ya I was watching some streamer podcast arguing about whether they could hit lvl 100 in 48 hrs or if it would take 72. how do you even stay awake 48 hrs?
The worst part is they often lose a ton of efficiency from staying up for stupid amounts of time and wether or not they "succeed" tends to be pretty RNG due to their lack of attention. Like at some point they're just zombie grinding and will die to random shit all the time.

Also you kinda want to only bother with the SSF race if you're on your own, since the other races are fucked due to trading bitch boys. People have other people literally just spending their whole time trading and flipping while they play, so they can fund them once they hit higher maps by just buying maps over and over and getting gear upgrades and what not.

If you play a bit off meta class in SSF and play a lot(like 18-20hours a day), you could make it to the top I'd say, but otherwise it's a waste of time, and if any of the truly hardcore people picks the same class you did, you're basically fucked.

Races aren't really worth it for your average player unless it's the shorter ones. 24hour race or lower I'd say. The 1hour races and shit were pretty fun, I'm not sure if they still do these events. These you can actively work on improving and compete at a reasonable level since they're mostly about preparation and luck, rather than having no life and a lack of care for your health.

Borzak

I haven't started yet, but I think I'm going to play it for a little while only because I wasn't playing for most the stuff in the throwback. We'll see. I'm not really expecting much but I'll see.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
If you ever think you can compete in one of the races just start one of the leagues at launch and compare your level to the level you see popping up on the notifications for first. If you can stay within 1-3 levels of them, you might have a chance if you can poopsock harder/longer.

Just doing them for the rng mtx or alt art items is a different story.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you ever think you can compete in one of the races just start one of the leagues at launch and compare your level to the level you see popping up on the notifications for first. If you can stay within 1-3 levels of them, you might have a chance if you can poopsock harder/longer.

Just doing them for the rng mtx or alt art items is a different story.

This isnt really true. The thing about a lot of these racers (see everyone but havocs and steelmages groups) is that they really suck at mapping. They dont do it efficiently and their characters are usually of the slower persuasion at it due to the initial race. While youll see guys like Raiz or DeadandDoom (if your in softcore) popping the first level and first zones for the first day or two youll never see them hitting 100 first. Steelmage's group regularly falls 10-15 levels behind on the initial playthrough and catches up, while Aila has beaten Raiz in hcssf now for 4-5 leagues in a row and he doesnt even know how to do the initial playthrough race. Hes pure mapping efficiency and hours.

If your willing to put in the time, some ridiculous 18+ hour a day shit, you can beat these guys because they dont play the end game well.

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yes, all it takes is playing 18 hours a day and you can win demi's constantly because everyone who races for them is just terrible at the game. Anybody can do it!

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I stopped playing a week ago or whatever it was. If you (or someone else) who is still playing in beastiary wants my items let me know and I can hop on tomorrow or sometime and give them to ya.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mean, for the race! I thought everyone was doing it.

I can hold on to your items/use em for ya. I got no need to sell stuff. :>

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Oh, I usually don't do the mini leagues/races or whatever. I think I did one of the 1month flashback things a long time ago but usually i'm bored by the time they come around so I wait for the next league/expansion. Gives me time to shake off the burnout and have new/interesting things added.