Path of Exile

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Y'all didn't have a macro for that already?
Sure, but a per-skill toggle for it is even better.

Edit: Actually, it's per-hotkey, so you could actually bind a skill to two different keys if you wanted, with one standing still and the other moving to range.

Also, "Movement skills will not lock onto the target and always move the player in the direction of your cursor." That's good by itself, but if this also means that retarded ass skills like Flame Dash now fire even when the cursor is outside their effective range then halle-fucking-lujah.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Chinese money already doin work!

white-chinese-lucky-cat-coin-bank-4.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
so its kinda cool you'll have incursions in every zone starting from the beginning of the game. what do you think is the best way to utilize the incursions the first 30-40 levels then, tha t could help with the leveling process? maybe spec out the temple to maximize unique item yields?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well your first runs will probably picking random shit because the info won't be out there for a little while. Honestly I don't think it'll be super userful while leveling, you'll probably pick the least annoying shit to get some free loot and get the fuck out. Currency/gems I think is what you'd look for, leveling gear isn't really worth it. It'll start becoming more relevant once you hit 60-70+ or whatever and the loot can actually be good. At least that's what I think.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
yea true. i was just thinking if there is a way to customize what kind of uniques will drop (no idea if there is), if you could boost your chances of getting a popular low level unique like poet'spen

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well your first runs will probably picking random shit because the info won't be out there for a little while. Honestly I don't think it'll be super userful while leveling, you'll probably pick the least annoying shit to get some free loot and get the fuck out. Currency/gems I think is what you'd look for, leveling gear isn't really worth it. It'll start becoming more relevant once you hit 60-70+ or whatever and the loot can actually be good. At least that's what I think.

I think some of the loot is designed to level with.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Just picked this game up, though I think I had way back when it was first on kickstarter or early access or whatever.
Any decent guides on what to do and what everything means?

Caliane

The skill revamp everyone was waiting for!

Forum - Announcements - Skill Revamp - Elemental Hit - Path of Exile

Numbers will tell because in terms of AoE mechanics, I don't think this offers anything unique. I would say *maybe* for bow characters, giving them a KBesque playstyle. Maybe this will the skill to use if you want to do tons of elemental damage?
Aoe mechanics should be a godsend. its still namelock by default. however that is largely meaningless with anc call/mutltistrike, and volley/lmp/gmp.

Damage scaling is the issue now. Still adds flat elemental. now deals no other damage... not chaos or phys either.. so, conversion is basically required. really screws with heralds and auras too. as well as general added damage.
Attack speed and crit are primary scaling.
Works with EE! great, but thats in a very specific part of the tree..

stormcloud/tempest?
haste
lit golem
elementalist?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
In that article there's a video about vaal skills and they mention something that I think is new? When they're talking about arc and vaal arc, they're talking about the reworked vaal arc that they mentionned before, but they also say "we thought it wasn't enough so we made it so vaal arc gives you a buff for some time that makes your normal arc also fork" which is cool but then he adds "we really liked that and thought that was how arc was supposed to work, so instead we just added it to the base skill". Maybe I missed it before and thta's not new, but that'd mean even the basic arc is going to get a free fork. I assume it forks only once, or maybe scales with gem lvl(0 > 1 at 10 > 2 at 20).

That should make arc like way way better against large density maps and shit like beyond/breach/whatever. This should come on top of making arc do more damage per remaining chain on single target(so it also doesn't suck dicks for bosses). And then you have vaal arc for when you want shit to really fucking die(and it still applies a high shock effect so good against bosses too like a lightning trap). They also said they still want vaal arc to have a lingering effect, but they haven't decided what yet.

Video also shows off Vaal coldsnap with the new coldsnap they revealed a few days ago(works with frenzy charges instead of power charges now plus other stuff).

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Aoe mechanics should be a godsend. its still namelock by default. however that is largely meaningless with anc call/mutltistrike, and volley/lmp/gmp.

Damage scaling is the issue now. Still adds flat elemental. now deals no other damage... not chaos or phys either.. so, conversion is basically required. really screws with heralds and auras too. as well as general added damage.

stormcloud/tempest?
haste
lit golem
elementalist?
AOE wise, I don't think it's much different than a skill like Sunder, or some single target skills with melee splash attached.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thats really good soul costs are being lowered so much and that damaging bosses generates souls now.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

stormcloud/tempest?
haste
lit golem
elementalist?

I thought we were expecting an EE nerf due to all the RF/Orb of Storms shenanigans.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I thought we were expecting an EE nerf due to all the RF/Orb of Storms shenanigans.
They said they want to nerf it but last time they talked about it they also said they didn't know if they were gonna nerf it this patch because they weren't sure how to nerf it. I think they could potentially nerf it by making it damage based, so for example applying very small hits of an element doesn't give as much resist reduction or only gives damage reduction for x damage. In which case ele hit would still be good, but still like orb of storm or lvl 1 ball lightning or whatever wouldn't really buff shit. The intent of the keystone is alternating similar power spells for bigger damage so I don't think they'd nerf that.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
They said they want to nerf it but last time they talked about it they also said they didn't know if they were gonna nerf it this patch because they weren't sure how to nerf it. I think they could potentially nerf it by making it damage based, so for example applying very small hits of an element doesn't give as much resist reduction or only gives damage reduction for x damage. In which case ele hit would still be good, but still like orb of storm or lvl 1 ball lightning or whatever wouldn't really buff shit. The intent of the keystone is alternating similar power spells for bigger damage so I don't think they'd nerf that.

Well, if they don't nerf it, does anyone have a good life based RF templar build that can switch to LLRF at higher gear levels?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, if they don't nerf it, does anyone have a good life based RF templar build that can switch to LLRF at higher gear levels?

Going to be hard right now since theyre changing key nodes for RF, once they release the notes and tree it should be east. Its going to be very strong this next league. The version of occultist thats super popular now, guardian, and trickster all have different methods and mechanics to make them work. I preffered the Trickster which was the highest DPS because the playstyle is very comfortable compared to Occultist. You basically need empower + 21 purity of fire and a rise of the phoenix shield with some regen nodes on tree. You are always positive regen as a trickster even standing which is why i prefer that playstyle, I dont want to have to flask or worry about the degen with RF.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user