Path of Exile

Caliane

This is my 3.3 planned build atm.

Ive been bouncing around on which skill exactly to focus on. Any fire spell could work. firetrap even.
I tested quickly in standard. triherald Orb of storm was clearing maps with ease alone, even without 3.3 buffs incoming..
+fire damage to spells is of course super useful for orb of storms ignite. I've also considered other options here for applying curse, and burning. But, testing, orb did the job just fine, so probably wont try others.

3.3 changes should only make it stronger.
plan A was crit. but, I reconsidered, after being annoyed how many points were invested in crit. particularly when considering trap options.
Then I considered how much % chance to shock/ignite, etc I had without crit. 20% shock/ignite 30% freeze with hypothermia baseline... then 5-15% crit chance in a noncrit build with powercharges, and THEN elementalist confluxes. So, I def didnt need crit to apply ailments, and going EO freed up a ton of points.

Last edited:

Caliane

Also, Elemental hit.

I think I was misreading it. And underestimating it a bit from it.
"each attack with this skill will choose an element at random, and will only be able to deal damage of that element."

this does NOT say, "this attack will choose an element at random, and only deal that damage."
The key difference, Ele hit adds ALL three elements onto every attack. then reduces the damage dealt by 2 of them by 100%.

So, cold to fire/avatar of fire, and can't choose lit or cold seem like the way to go with it.
pyre, call of the brotherhood

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So what's looking meta for incursion? I know a lot of people gonna be trying out things but where are the tryhards gonna be?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Whatever gets buffed the most in the actual patch notes. Usually Wed. for the updated tree and Thurs. for the notes, IIRC.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm planning on starting arc elementalist and transitioning into poet's pen arc/lightning warp + arc/ball lightning on weapon swap for single target. The buffs to arc look pretty good. And as long as the buffs to Infernal Blow aren't complete shit, an Infernal Blow Jugg for bossing achievements.

Caliane

The Vaal skill thing is pretty badass too.

Vaal spectral throw... ST is a consistently kick ass skill. getting to run Vaal ST for "free" with your main links is going to elevate it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The Vaal skill thing is pretty badass too.

Vaal spectral throw... ST is a consistently kick ass skill. getting to run Vaal ST for "free" with your main links is going to elevate it.
Isn't vaal ST kinda meh though, unless they're reworking it? Like it's the paladin D2 hammer skill right, expanding circle of floating weapons and shit. I feel for ST you'd rather get a good single target skill rather than have to switch to shitty slow projectile and hug the bosses' dicks to do good damage.

Anyway on meta builds I assume for clearing maps and shit, fire based elem is going to be meta I'd say, whatever skill does it best but with all the unnerfing to proliferation as a mechanic, and stronger ignite nodes, you'll just shoot shit once and move on as they burn. Stuff like fireball with treshold jewel was already fairly decent at clearing so combined with vaal fireball to clear out shit that's close to you and prolif ignites finishing everything it's probably going to clear super fast, I'd assume. At least that's the one I'd consider.

Arc has potential though and might end up being better late with a lvl 20gem for max chain and depending on how vaal arc ends up being.

For bosses/lab it's still gonna be the same thing as currently. Maybe a trapper build will end up being OP as fuck and kill bosses in 10secs with 10chaos worth of gear(it used to do that a bunch back with double dipping bladefall mines/traps or whatever it was) but otherwise that probably won't change.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Challenge rewards video out.

Do not want. I actually liked the new supporter packs unlike a lot of you and almost bought the High Council one before Tencent happened, but the rewards are awful.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
The portal is pretty sweet.

If molten strike doesnt get nerfed too hard, I may go that direction. Otherwise, I might be back to trusted ol' burning spectres or I might try out melee skeletons or zombies.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Good to see you don't need GMP for it, all these skill reworks feel like I'll be shut inside all summer.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Once you have enough damage, wand clear skill becomes irrelevant. At least this gives you power charges

edit: you don't even need GMP! Deadeye with chain is gonna love this thing.
double edit: it also comes with Vaal power siphon!