Path of Exile

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Supposedly Sin is already weebed up, as is the Sin and Innocence armor set. I don't see it myself.
Sin is weebed up Silk, who was already a Yaoi icon.

E: And if that sentence makes sense to you, we both need to go outside more.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sin is weebed up Silk, who was already a Yaoi icon.

E: And if that sentence makes sense to you, we both need to go outside more.
I only know these terms as to how they relate to hentai, so Yaoi is one obviously to steer clear. But still, how does that apply to Silk? He's obsessed with spiders.

That said, I don't listen to any of the dialogue in PoE.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I don't like this at all. We'll see how it plays out, but I don't really see the positive side (steady cash influx) outweighting the negative (beholden to their Chinese overlords). I would not mind if Chris drops the hammer in 3 months and has the entire company quit, reform as a new company and make a new arpg that applies all the lessons they learned from PoE. I assume they could bankroll it whatever they made from this sale.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Non-compete clauses are pretty standard for a deal like this, and I doubt there's any restrictions on that in NZ. I'd be ok if Chris just retired though. Maybe they could pass the reins on to someone who doesn't worship at the altar of D2 quite so much.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Non-compete clauses are pretty standard for a deal like this, and I doubt there's any restrictions on that in NZ. I'd be ok if Chris just retired though. Maybe they could pass the reins on to someone who doesn't worship at the altar of D2 quite so much.

You shut your whore mouth about D2.

Kidding, but besides the outdated visuals and menus what is the problem with the D2 focus? I though most people thought that was the correct direction to go.

Vorph

I just think there's quite a few things justified over the years by saying, "well, D2 did it that way..." and it's mostly the stuff that makes playing the game SSF impractical to me. I prefer my ARPGs without all that awesome "player interaction".

To be honest D2 never did much for me, at least not I heard about Eastern Sun. I was way too busy with EQ to do any more than play through the story a couple times when it was new.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I just think there's quite a few things justified over the years by saying, "well, D2 did it that way..." and it's mostly the stuff that makes playing the game SSF impractical to me. I prefer my ARPGs without all that awesome "player interaction".

To be honest D2 never did much for me, at least not I heard about Eastern Sun. I was way too busy with EQ to do any more than play through the story a couple times when it was new.

I thought D2 was boring as fuck.

LiquidDeath

I can't imagine how you could like PoE and think D2 was boring as fuck. In fact, there was stuff about D2 that would certainly benefit PoE (targeted unique farming) and especially would help SSF. I understand all complaints about the grind. It is funny that I consider D2 far less grindy because targeted farming really smoothed out the curve from end of leveling to truly super end-game capable. PoE really stagnates for the middle of the road players (like me) at the point where you aren't strong enough to run t10+ maps efficiently to gear up for bosses. At that point it is just farming currency to purchase upgrades or hoping to get lucky. Targeted unique farming would give purpose to the grinding and could allow for a smooth path towards finding or crafting your own upgrades to go for bosses. Of course, that would mean they would need to make crafting viable and not the huge flaming pile of RNG shit it is currently.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I loved D1, D2, D3 and love Path of Exile also. D2 was for sure a grind like Path of Exile is at levels 97-99, that shit was no joke then and its still no joke in PoE for me at least.

When one tiny mistake can cost you an entire day of XP it drains any will of playing I have out of me. Im really hard headed I guess and just one death at 96+ is usually enough for me to wig out and start playing alt characters in a league.

LiquidDeath

The 100 grind doesn't bother me because the incremental power increase from 95 to 100 is negligible. In D2 those points mattered far more. I can see the hate for the grind, but I just have no desire to hit 100 and there are no real in-game reasons to do it, so I don't sweat it. I have a serious problem with bosses being gated behind a power level that is not realistically obtainable in SSF and is only available through trading when the tools exist for them to make it still grindy, but ultimately available. The streamers and 15 hour a day players are always going to trivialize the content in the long run so I don't think it's a good idea to keep them as the ideal base to design towards.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The 100 grind doesn't bother me because the incremental power increase from 95 to 100 is negligible. In D2 those points mattered far more. I can see the hate for the grind, but I just have no desire to hit 100 and there are no real in-game reasons to do it, so I don't sweat it. I have a serious problem with bosses being gated behind a power level that is not realistically obtainable in SSF and is only available through trading when the tools exist for them to make it still grindy, but ultimately available. The streamers and 15 hour a day players are always going to trivialize the content in the long run so I don't think it's a good idea to keep them as the ideal base to design towards.

Other than autism I think the only reason I even have done 100's is because people in my guild do it so often. It's a lot more fun when you have groups of friends pushing and you laugh your ass off while grinding in Discord. It really helps when they share the load of rolling maps, buying maps, and with the eternal search for reliable support.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Poe technically has targeted unique farming. its just most them, arent very popular. I mean, lab uniques, atziri, eldar, shaper uniques. not counting div cards, or league specific ones as well.

LiquidDeath

Poe technically has targeted unique farming. its just most them, arent very popular. I mean, lab uniques, atziri, eldar, shaper uniques. not counting div cards, or league specific ones as well.

Sure a few exist but if they aren't popular, that means no decent builds use them.

Tabula is the current best farmable unique for general use and EVERYONE farms it. Shit, there are streamers who target farm headhunters through the Doctor cards. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but farming the tabula takes an amount of time that is recoverable for the use you get out of the item. Most people don't play enough in time through multiple leagues to farm a headhunter or any similarly rare card set. Give us more generally useful items like Tabulas and Loreweaves and a lot more people would be engaged in the leagues longer.

Vorph

I'd love to see a lot more targeted unique farms, but I don't see it happening. Oni-Garoshi was decent in terms of time vs. reward when it was first released but instead of just fixing the one exploit they went full retard nerfing the spawn rate into the ground.

Vorph

IIRC you cleared the whole map except for Hillock and then each time you logged out and back in he would respawn. Once you saw the sword in his back you killed him.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Besides this change anyone have any ideas on a chieftan build? I've never played one and am just looking around. I know too early before patch notes but just curious about ideas.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user