Path of Exile

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
No bloodlines, RIP map drops.

Now I dunno if I wanna start with double strike though. Too many skills look good. Argh how dare they make this many viable options!

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Stormburst and Charged Dash might actually be useful finally, Stormburst got some huge damage buffs.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
RIP Elder rings too. I was really hoping that would be left alone as a long-term replacement for sextants getting nerfed into the ground, but nope. Not sure why they feel the need to get rid of mapping strategies that actually require pretty advanced knowledge of the mechanics.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
RIP Elder rings too. I was really hoping that would be left alone as a long-term replacement for sextants getting nerfed into the ground, but nope. Not sure why they feel the need to get rid of mapping strategies that actually require pretty advanced knowledge of the mechanics.
I think Chris Wilson said it was shitting their servers. At least, sextants was. One fully sextanted map instance was pegging a cpu core just calculating item drops. Elder ring might have been the same thing.

I'm a little confused by the changes to Infernal Blow. Am I doing my math wrong? They mentioned a few weeks ago that they changed it to bolster the skill's single target damage. So, now this will do 123% + 66% per attack instead of 160%? That doesn't seem like much of a buff. The only caveat I can think of that the debuff isn't affected by multistrike's downside...but then again, it wouldn't be affected by other supports like WEDS...this makes no sense.

Getting weapon damage onto the explosions is useless, no one had any trouble clearing with that skill.

Caliane

Stormburst and Charged Dash might actually be useful finally, Stormburst got some huge damage buffs.
yeah, some heavy damage buffs to a few of those skills.
Orb of storms. Wheeeeeww lad.

Orb of Storms
  • Now deals 2-5 lightning damage at gem level 1 (up from 1-3), up to 118-353 lightning damage at gem level 20 (up from 59-177).
  • Now has an added damage effectiveness of 45% (up from 20%).
  • Increases to cast speed now affect Orb of Storms strike rate.
over 100% dps upgrade from damage alone. and then, faster casting as well..

Stormburst got a large direct damage upgrade, but lost its release burst. overall dps may not increase a ton, useability should have increased greatly however.
orb of storms does proc on channeled skills...

Ball lightning was also already a t1 skill imho, and it got a MASSIVE buff as well.
Frost bomb is interesting. also a huge buff, raw damage only small buff. But damage effectiveness huge buff, cold pen solid buff, and reduced duration massive buff.

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm about to disappear for at least a month or two, this was great. Lots of theorycrafting and testing to do with old skills and hopefully people much smarter than me will come up with some broken builds to have fun with.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I've got no idea why anyone would use anything besides Arc with those numbers. Single target it's only 200 base DPS less than flameblast. It also doesn't cost 400 mana per second, actually works with leech and doesn't require you to stand still for huge periods of time.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm about to disappear for at least a month or two, this was great. Lots of theorycrafting and testing to do with old skills and hopefully people much smarter than me will come up with some broken builds to have fun with.
Theorycraft me why Infernal Blow was changed.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

what's yur starter?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I've got no idea why anyone would use anything besides Arc with those numbers. Single target it's only 200 base DPS less than flameblast. It also doesn't cost 400 mana per second, actually works with leech and doesn't require you to stand still for huge periods of time.

GC still best ST cause stat stick is so OP but once they nerf the stick then ya, arc will be crowned king of everything. Self cast, traps, mines, totems. Insane clear and ST.