Path of Exile

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finding it hard to even try another build this league, Double Strike is just incredibly bonkers right now with higher single target then elemental blade flurry and one to two hits every pack of mobs going into red maps. Plus I still room to improve my weapons (need at least double "30+% phys damage as extra" off hand) and swap out Haemo's for some good spiked gloves.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finding it hard to even try another build this league, Double Strike is just incredibly bonkers right now with higher single target then elemental blade flurry and one to two hits every pack of mobs going into red maps. Plus I still room to improve my weapons (need at least double "30+% phys damage as extra" off hand) and swap out Haemo's for some good spiked gloves.

What ascendancy are you doing?

EDIT: Also did we figure out if block works on those constructs and chaos damage? If so I'll probably roll Gladiator for my DS build.

Caliane

if evasion is not working, its a spell. and regular block won't work either. spell block will.

i havent really hit maps yet. dunno. if its the classic vaal constructs. dodging the proj usually isnt too bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah you need spell block. Which you can get a lot of as Glad iirc? You can just run out or max chaos res too(or well don't leave it at ~0 like usual).

• 1Like

Caliane

yup. not sure how dependent those builds are on specific ascendancy nodes. but glads can get 100% block applied to spells.

amethyst flasks. since, you know where and when you will be fighting those dudes is easy, as well.
phase acrobatics is an option.
soul of shakari. 5% reduced chaos damage taken. (something...)

Soul of lunaris upgraded. 10% chance to avoid proj damage. thraxia. 5% chance to dodge attacks and spells if you've been hit recently. sebbert.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Prob going lightning coil for HC sab. Tinkerskin, eh, dunno if want.

Nah again. Kaoms prob.

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
What ascendancy are you doing?

EDIT: Also did we figure out if block works on those constructs and chaos damage? If so I'll probably roll Gladiator for my DS build.

I assume the spell block of gladiator would work on the constructs, but honestly Champion blows the boss up so fast I never really see his attacks anymore. Pop one Vaal Double Strike for first phase and one for second alongside flasks and both phases last less then 3 seconds so far at zone level 80. Gladiator would probably be the better choice for HC but Champion is such a slept on ascendency right now, the two taunt nodes make crit builds with no accuracy rating an easy time alongside all the damage reduction you get.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Overwhelmed for sure. That's just PoE, a bunch of systems all overlapping. There really is no better time to start PoE than whenever you feel like it. A truly FTP player is going to have a rough time. The only thing worth buying is currency/map/essence/fragment/card stash tabs. Maybe a premium tab if you want to sell shit. How to start? Pick a League Starter build using the forums in the class type you're looking at. I'd suggest a totem build this season for sure (helps with clearing the temple), either Warchief (LiftingNerd) or Arc totems. DL Path of Building and follow that with the Starter guide and learn as you go.

I'm worlds away from creating my own builds, but I understand the game at a reasonable level -- I started playing at the end of last League.

DL Neversink's loot filter and use that, start with it on Strict. Hold down alt to bypass the filter to see everything.

So if I'm following this Arc totem build ( PoE Planner ) how do you decide what you go after first when the skill path branches off elsewhere? And how do you know what type of gear you should use when your leveling etc?

I notice under gems (which I'm guessing are the skill gems) it says shit like 1L, 6L, etc. What does that mean?

Caliane

While leveling. First priority is Life. on gear and passives. this stays true till about level 40. act 5+, RESISTS takes priority. particularly on gear. but its also not a bad idea to place a point or two into resists on the passive tree, if you have easy access. Same with STAT points, such as those +30 int, str, or dex nodes, to help ease gearing issues. That way you can focus more on life, and sockets on gear, while leveling. Act 5 and 6 is pretty brutal with Fire damage especially, then lightning. def get those maxed asap. from that point on, youll want your resists capped pretty much all the time. small sacrificing elsewhere is worth it.

Mind over matter is a late game choice usually. again, early LIFE is better. it can help with mana regen needs, but thats usually more of an afterthought.
Ancestral Bond in a build like this is effectively build enabling. so that is also a priority.
so this,
Retribution, disc and training, quick recovery, purity of flesh, AB, heart and soul, shamanisc fury, cruel prep, written in blood is your primary focus.
At that point, you're ready to grab all those crit nodes, we skipped. Then power charges, then blood drinker, and coordination.
Jewels are grabbed as you find decent ones to place in them. dont bother before.

MoM and mana nodes yellow maps or so. Somewhere during mapping, decide if you need more defense, life or dps with crit, MoM, coordination or so.

ascend order: pursuit of faith, ritual of awake, divine guidance, then conviction.
build enable, build enable. defense. dps.

1 link, 6link,

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
  • 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I got an exalted pretty early. I'm such a POE noob though no idea what its good for other than being worth a good # of chaos orbs. Got those deerwhatever trapper boots I can probably flip since i think arc trapper or something is pretty hot this season. Also got a 6 link corrupted chest..imagine my sadness when I found I couldnt redo the colors of the sockets =/

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Started with a Double Strike build, got to 40 and still couldn't kill an Omni (or do temple reliably) without it taking 20 minutes. Had a Vaal Spark and Arc drop. Rerolled to Arc Totems, smashing my way to victory. Good thing I quite like the Benny Hill style gameplay of totems, running around picking up loot while my totems wreck all the things. I hope it stays this strong.
I'm doing a glacial cascade totem Heirophant. Its pretty hot so far.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Look at this guide.

Jugg Tank Build Guide - Script

Notice how detailed his description is and how he lays out how to level. I would find a guide by him or something similar and not just a poeplanner link.

Yours is a Templar arc build so I found the newest bumped one on the forums.

Forum - Templar - [3.3] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready - Path of Exile

Yeah that is the guide I'm using (the bottom one), just don't know what the acronyms mean, etc.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Picked this up, it's a word of difference when doing temple in terms of health. I speced out of mind over matter for it though, because it was eating mana for no reason, since this ring basically keeps me full. Single target is a little bit harder, but not too much harder. I think its better overall though. That 12 life gained is massive, because it seems to count every chain and every hit.

View attachment 167687
Does live on hit/kill stuff work with totems that are doing the casting? Probably make a big difference for my survival rate if it does

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So I have never played this game. How overwhelmed would I be if I jumped in right now? Also how janky is it as a truly FTP player?
FTP is really good. Bout the only thing you'd probably want to buy are stash tabs, special stash tabs to handle specific currencies. THey go all out on the transmogs but not sure they're worth the $$ unless you're really into the game.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah that is the guide I'm using (the bottom one), just don't know what the acronyms mean, etc.
Keep playing that and reading and you will figure it out. Just so you know that build you chose has like at least 15 EX in gear in just the two weapons and chest. The EX is exalted orb and is the highest currency normally used in the game.

To put it into perspective on the trading sites an EX = $4 so that is $60 worth of gear in only 3 items. It's not going to be a cheap build.

I don't know anything about the build to know that if it does well without those specific uniques.

• 1Like