Path of Exile

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So if I'm following this Arc totem build ( PoE Planner ) how do you decide what you go after first when the skill path branches off elsewhere? And how do you know what type of gear you should use when your leveling etc?

I notice under gems (which I'm guessing are the skill gems) it says shit like 1L, 6L, etc. What does that mean?
Glacial Cascade totem is what i'm using. Has a lot of description in it for new players. The 1L, 6L etc.. are # of sockets linked on an item. On that note if anyone has a Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe they want to get rid of hit me up and we'll work something out.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Glacial Cascade totem is what i'm using. Has a lot of description in it for new players. The 1L, 6L etc.. are # of sockets linked on an item. On that note if anyone has a Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe they want to get rid of hit me up and we'll work something out.

Glanced at it, seems like it might be better for a newbie like me. Gonna go with that one I think.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Does live on hit/kill stuff work with totems that are doing the casting? Probably make a big difference for my survival rate if it does
Generally speaking, when using another entity to deal your damage(minions aka summons, totems, traps and mines), only the stuff that specifically states those apply will work. Traps, mines and totem use your own stats to determine relevant stuff like cast time(for totems) or damage %, but any sort of leech/life gain/mana gain is given to the entity itself, or stuff like gaining charges is given to the entity(which if it's traps/mines is irrelevant, and for totems it kinda depends). Minions are even further the spectrum in that they gain literally nothing from the player unless it's specifically minion based.

The wiki generally has good mechanics summary if you go to the generic pages for stuff, like if you search for totem, they'll list mechanics of totems and skills that give totem or passives that interact with totems. It's a very good wiki, even though once in a while a page is outdated.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm using this Strict neverlight loot filter but I have no fuckin clue how it determines what is worth showing or not.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Just FYI, for anyone full phys conversion (i'm bv ele), there's some fucky bug that could kill you in reflect phys maps. Somehow some of your shit doesn't convert. I just died to reflect phys and checked my damage and sure enough I had some phys. I unequiped both weapons, reqequiped and it went away. Did this in my HO. Very odd.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm using this Strict neverlight loot filter but I have no fuckin clue how it determines what is worth showing or not.
FilterBlade will show you, as well as letting you modify every aspect of it easily. FYI, "strict" is generally too strict for this early in the league unless you have been flipping currency or had something so valuable drop that you no longer need to care about anything or you are experienced enough to have a better plan for making money. I use semi-strict with some stuff added/some stuff removed.

I also think this league is a good one to use the chaos recipe preset. It takes very little effort to keep my quad tab filled with a row each of weapons, belts, and the 4 armors. And the loot explosion from full clearing incursions contains enough rings and amulets that I've been able to make 100c or so off it so far (unid is the way to go). While that might not seem like much, I'd be completely fucked without it as I haven't had a single drop worth more than 15c yet. It's a good thing Whispering Ice Scion costs practically nothing to equip, but I sure won't be making a twinked/pre-equipped alt anytime soon that's for sure.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
145/158 maps done, shaper down, still waiting for my first exalt to drop. How I do get drops this league? It's broken =/

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Things going much better this league than bestiary, possibly because I didn't catch any beast lol. Got an EX last night in a act 8. Got 18% taste of hate tonight in tier 2 map.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
What's the best strategy for opening up and progressing on the Atlas? Is is doing T1s until you have all the T2 maps and then repeating that process for the rest or is there another way to farm them?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What's the best strategy for opening up and progressing on the Atlas? Is is doing T1s until you have all the T2 maps and then repeating that process for the rest or is there another way to farm them?
Early on you probably just want to find someone selling maps and buy a bunch of their lower tier shit at once. A lot of sellers won't move to sell a 1alt map but if you buy say every map for T1-T6 for a couple of chaos or whatever it adds up to, they'll bother selling them I think and you can get all the early shit done at once. After that you can just pick a corner and progress through it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Mind of the Council, Inpulsa, Berek's Grip, Choir of The Storm...this may have been a mistake as a league starter. Still, tons of fun to clear with Poet's Pen and just HoI.

Has anyone found the incursion mobs to be MUCH beefier than their map counterparts? Point arc at map mobs, they disintegrate. The incursion mobs are taking 2-4 casts, making the Arc/LW combo much less effective.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Champion is 4th in usage, why do you think it's "slept on"?

One of the best HC chars I ever had was the claw champ.

Any1 sure if curse area of effect on hex master applies to blasphemy aura curses? Last I knew nothing made blasphemy auras bigger.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Early on you probably just want to find someone selling maps and buy a bunch of their lower tier shit at once. A lot of sellers won't move to sell a 1alt map but if you buy say every map for T1-T6 for a couple of chaos or whatever it adds up to, they'll bother selling them I think and you can get all the early shit done at once. After that you can just pick a corner and progress through it.

So..... I work corner by corner, until I get the next tier map of each corner, then move to the next corner, or move to the next map tier in that same corner?

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So..... I work corner by corner, until I get the next tier map of each corner, then move to the next corner, or move to the next map tier in that same corner?

There really isn't any strategy for anything T-10 or lower IMO. Just find a way to complete them all (buying some of the harder to drop ones/uniques), unless you have some crazy complex mapping strategy. After that point things do branch out really in what you want to accomplish, but as a new player, just complete everything (or as much as you can).

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Mind of the Council, Inpulsa, Berek's Grip, Choir of The Storm...this may have been a mistake as a league starter. Still, tons of fun to clear with Poet's Pen and just HoI.

Has anyone found the incursion mobs to be MUCH beefier than their map counterparts? Point arc at map mobs, they disintegrate. The incursion mobs are taking 2-4 casts, making the Arc/LW combo much less effective.
Its probably some of the rooms being open that are buffing them. Not sure if that affects the incursions though or just the open temple. I've noticed that as well however. I've entered a few of the incursions in the area where I've seen teh HC wipe videos and just been unable to plow through which is unusual.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's up to you, there isn't really a difference I think. You'll still have to run a bunch of maps to get progress, and if you feel stuck just buy the missing ones to keep going, but map progression and sustain is about running a ton of maps anyway, and you'll get stuff unlocked as you progress naturally.

Just check Zana and buy her maps too if you have currency on hand, especially once you get to high yellow/reds.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So I only just found out you could buy skill gems off Neesa. Made a bit of a difference being able to get some of the skills the build I'm following calls for :p

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
PoE is a lot like life, feeling stupid for things you should have known.

And dying suddenly and randomly.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users